Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

Agree with Alex again. I have just watched the Alba replay and I can only heap praise on TB for the way that he hid his emotions and kept a straight face - deep in enemy territory - he must have been dying to jump up and celebrate. Is there anything that this poor man will not go through fer the future prosperity of ICT.

alright , am a hibby and to be honest i dont like this whole thing 1 bit . i think its fair to say butcher has outgrown ICT now . but he's outgrown most other teams in the league too hibs included . i didnt in a million years think butcher would even consider the hibs job i really didnt but from what i hear he was in the hibs hospitality suite today instead of the away dressing room/dugout so i can only take from that he is no longer the ICT manager

all speculation right now - begs the question ... was this a done deal when the daft burd from the bbc reported he had signed on monday ?

what would the consequences be if that turned out to be the case

What rubbish - the deal was done last Saturday. Sorry meant the ruse was plotted last Saturday.

immortal geezer you have an opposite number on the hibs board who spouts off similar nonsense to you , the reality of the situation is butcher wouldnt need to go under cover to guarentee 3 points against hibs

his team simply have to turn up with him in the dug out and the points are theirs , he was in the easter road hospitality suite and sitting on the home end .. why ???

its the wierdest game of football iv ever been to

...and still nothing official.  Should reach 4 figures!

Terry is coming to East Mains on Monday, expect the rest of your coaching team to be joining him afterwards.

and about 12 English league 2 & conference players :crazy:

That have you second in the league & into the semis of a cup, have you playing football ..yes football ..oh wait ....YES PLEASE !!!!!! :crazy:

Thought Hibs were a MASSIVE club tho - maybe league 1s then ?

...and still nothing official.  Should reach 4 figures!

Terry is coming to East Mains on Monday, expect the rest of your coaching team to be joining him afterwards.

and about 12 English league 2 & conference players :crazy:

That have you second in the league & into the semis of a cup, have you playing football ..yes football ..oh wait ....YES PLEASE !!!!!! :crazy:

Thought Hibs were a MASSIVE club tho - maybe league 1s then ?

League 1 ..do you actually do maths up in Inverness !!!! ha ha :lol:

IHE before you counsel this climber any further put a restraining order on him. methinks as he is already talking suicide it would be wise to humour him a little. He is going through a very traumatic time in his life and in danger of self harming..........i.e. watching Hibs week after week. poor fella t'wood drive anyone insane.

IHE before you counsel this climber any further put a restraining order on him. methinks as he is already talking suicide it would be wise to humour him a little. He is going through a very traumatic time in his life and in danger of self harming..........i.e. watching Hibs week after week. poor fella t'wood drive anyone insane.

Tis very true ma man ..am oan the edge ..perhaps yon Butcher fella may help ... :cheer01:

If you're going to have 2 seasons like his first two here, then good luck with that.TB has a wildly varying track record, and will be under pressure pretty quickly, which he doesn't respond well to. He may not be the messiah you think he is, although he is definitely a very naughty boy. But sod him, no-one is irreplaceable.

• Agree 1

If you're going to have 2 seasons like his first two here, then good luck with that.TB has a wildly varying track record, and will be under pressure pretty quickly, which he doesn't respond well to. He may not be the messiah you think he is, although he is definitely a very naughty boy. But sod him, no-one is irreplaceable.

TLM ..he wouldn't have been my choice ..not by a long chalk ..we have decent players, however we (hibs) have a brill knack of turning decent players into ***** overnight ..no-one is expecting Butcher to perform miracles ..now or at anytime ..however he has (we believe) the experience at the very least to turn these guys into a football team ..something we are a million miles away from at this moment in time ..

Should the compensation deal fall through and the transfer off, what would happen with Butcher?  Would he just resign?

Surely we can't have a manager, who's essentially admits that he doesn't want to be here?

Imagine after all this - long contract talks, apparently saying goodbye, his new team losing to his old team, fans singing "Butcher, what's the score?" and all the rest - Butcher decides, actually, I'll stay with ICT after all :laugh:

There's no doubt he's done a good job here, but equally his behaviour this last week has not been good.  To be fair, there is clearly a lot we don't know about his reasons for wanting to go to Hibs and his feelings toward ICT and the Inverness area.  He may well feel torn and he may well feel hurt by the hostile reaction he has received from the Inverness fans.  What he needs to understand is that the reason for the fans reaction is that they wanted him to stay and are very disappointed at the manner of his likely departure. 

Should the deal fall through then he still has a contract here.  For me he would have 2 options.  Firstly, if he wants to go then he should resign.  How can the players have any trust in him if it is clear he wants away?  Secondly, if he wants to stay, then he should put pen to paper and sign a new contract, apologise unreservedly for his conduct this week and pledge real commitment to the club.  I have been critical of him these last few days but were the deal to fall through then I for one would welcome him back provided he gave a strong and sincere commitment.

The management team he has built around him works for this club and there is unfinished business.  It would actually be good to put this all behind us and get on with that business.  We may not be a big glamorous club but Butcher is lucky to have us.  If he could just accept that then we could all kiss and make up, so to speak, and he could  go on and achieve things he can be justly proud of.  I think he's behaved very poorly this week but I for one would be prepared to forgive. 

• Agree 3

Myself I'm gutted that he's away. The last 4.5 years have been a joy to witness (except for that middle season which was pretty poor tbh). To come straight back up to the spl after relegation being particulary enjoyable :-). For that I'll always be grateful to TB & MM. What disappoints me most about recent events is TB going to a rival SPFL club and in hibs a club that are quite simply nowhere near as good as us ......that's baffling! Maybe there are other factors affecting his decision, I don't know? Had he moved to a bigger english club I'd wish him all the best. As things have turned out my overwhelming feeling, summed up perfectly by today's result, is GIRFUY ! :@

The one guy i feel sorry for in this whole saga is Jimmy Nichol! How many clubs has this guy been Assistant at only for the manager to get sacked or leave, he takes over as caretaker and then is sent on his merry way to find another club. Repeat!

• Agree 1

Well, it was always going to end sometime, but he should have gone out on a high, instead of scuttling out out the back door with no notice, not even managing the last match, and skulking along at Easter Road with the opposition before he's officially left. So, ends with not a bang, not even a whimper, but a moonlight flit. Very poor.

Edited by The Long Man
  • Agree 7

Terry, I thank you for all your efforts and successes with ICT and for all the good work you've done for us. You are a genuinely good guy. Its just a shame that more people couldn't be bothered to turn up to support Inverness at home games during your tenure and I can understand your frustration with that.

However, now that you are leaving us I imagine that your career in management will be propelled onwards and upwards to greater managerial successes - just like your predecessors who left Inverness for greater things......like.....eh...Steve Paterson......eh.....John Robertson.....eh.....Craig Brewster............!!!  :ponder:

You had a job for life here at ICT Tel. We have a history of being patient with our managers with no sackings to date. Hibs on the other hand will give you 12 months (max) to re-float their sinking ship. It will be a tough job at Hibs - and probably a thankless one too - but all the best to you!

• Agree 4

The one guy i feel sorry for in this whole saga is Jimmy Nichol! How many clubs has this guy been Assistant at only for the manager to get sacked or leave, he takes over as caretaker and then is sent on his merry way to find another club. Repeat!

To be fair to Jimmy he has stated publicly that he doesnt want to be a manager. Jimmy likes coaching but not all the crap that goes with being the boss. he could be a good No 2 to Butcher.

Well, if Terry does face the sack in a year or more, then what will he do and what club would be interested in hiring him?

I'll bet he has at least a two year contract with a hefty payout if terminated prior to the end date.

But, still, even if the monetary reward is spectacular he is still too young to retire and what team would approach him--Rangers?