Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

So what did you expect him to do? Sit at the away end?

Imagine the hassle he'd have got!

Simplest thing to have done was stay away 

But being there surely gave him an enlightened view on 'the grass isn't always greener'

I doubt he was under any illusions how bad the hibs team were before yesterday I don't think he would have got any surprises at what he seen

Edited by gordieict

Really disappointed in how this has all panned out.

To do that yesterday, sit there in the stand, take hospitality from Hibs just reeks. If he did say to the Sky sports reporter he was a 'neutral' yesterday, even more shocking. That is his team out there, his players, the team he manages. Even if he it's going to Hibs, should never be coming out with that.

Butcher isn't the messiah. He's done a great job here the last few years, but it took just that - a few years. Butcher won't get time at Hibs that's a fact. He's got the team playing well here because he has good players, I can't see him going straight in and getting out the best of those players! he's no master technician is Tel.

If he doesn't get time and the fans are on his back in 6-7 months, we've seem in the past how much Tel doesn't deal with pressure. Anyone remember 'Don't you fuckin leave?'? QOS score their 3rd against us in 85 mins or so for a 3-1 win and he wanted us to stay to cheer the team on during a mass exodus? That was something!

For me, bridges are burned and he can go. It's a real shame though, the longer this pans out, the more the respect for the work he's done here over the last near five years is diminished.

• Agree 1

Butcher has been sussed and I (or it sounds like most people) are not falling for it anymore. IHE is spot on about him. Just go Terry before you go lower in our estimations. I wouldn't want him to stay now anyway as the whole debacle is becoming embarrassing to the club!

Thanks for the good times but goodbye!

Why does everybody 'suck-up' to IHE?

Anything he posts, regardless of how profound or speculative seems to be met with overwhelming approval.

He could post a picture of a tin of Heinz beans and submit a random caption of 'Butcher's last meal' or some utter drivel and get around a dozen 'likes'!!!

• Agree 4

Anything he posts, regardless of how profound or speculative seems to be met with overwhelming approval.

He could post a picture of a tin of Heinz beans and submit a random caption of 'Butcher's last meal' or some utter drivel and get around a dozen 'likes'!!!

Don't worry about it.  I am reliably informed that IHE will be joining Butcher at Easter Road as analyst and advisor.  Clearly Butcher will benefit from his sage words of wisdom, whilst for IHE it will mean not having to travel so far for home matches whilst Leith offers a night time social life more in keeping with his tastes than Inverness.  It will suit us as well as the number of posts on this forum with the word "narcisist", or variations of it, will be reduced by at least 99%.    

Just a matter of information. There are quite a few posts on this site along the lines of the most recent I saw: "Not sure sitting with the Hibs Chairman yesterday was the best game of hardball, anyway hopefully sorted out on Monday"

Terry was in fact sitting in the main stand amongst neutral observers with his wife Rita, and agent Jim McArthur...

• Agree 1

Just a matter of information. There are quite a few posts on this site along the lines of the most recent I saw: "Not sure sitting with the Hibs Chairman yesterday was the best game of hardball, anyway hopefully sorted out on Monday"

Terry was in fact sitting in the main stand amongst neutral observers with his wife Rita, and agent Jim McArthur...

A lot of misinformation all over the place at the moment. 

I think the point is that the current ICT Manager should not be "neutral"

• Agree 3

To shamelessly extend a brilliant analogy by somebody a few days back (can't find on mobile to properly acknowledge!) the following sums up the last few days:

Beautiful marriage between older guy and attractive young bride is upset by advances by an old trollop who's seen better days, but flashes some cash...

Affair starts, followed by divorce proceedings. Wife and family devastated and imploring a rethink.

Bloke is caught snogging old trollop in public - an act of treachery that cannot be forgiven and divorce is finalised. What happens next? Attractive ex-wife pulls an eligible bachelor and they live happily ever after, acquiring silverware along the way. The scoundrel fails to change the bad habits of the old trollop and the relationship ends in disaster and forever rues his weakness in falling for the old bag's advances. The end.

As an employee of ICT, the only place at ER that he should have occupied was our dugout. Being in the opposition's stand and receiving hospitality was a clear statement of loyalty (or not) and must have been truly miserable for Kenny Cameron to watch. He should have stayed at home and watched the game on Alba! Unforgivable.Let's take the compensation and find somebody better.

• Agree 2

If compensation is the issue perhaps TB should do what the new Scotland rugby coach Vern Cotter has had to do. He is currently contracted to French club side Clermont Auvergne and has to serve out his time there before he takes up the Scotland job in June 2014!! That way TB could lead us to a League Cup win and finish first :tongueincheek: or second to qualify for Europe before he has to go and manage Edinburgh's wee team. That would also give our board plenty time to find a replacement and what an incentive to attract a top manager. Oh, and I forgot, the board should try to keep our best players too. We'll need them for our European foray. :amazed:

Edited by Row S

After Saturday, I don't want Terry to begrudgingly be part of the cup run.  This is where he's taken us.  He decided to leave. End of his cup run.  Ours keeps going.

Y'know, I still find it amazing that Butcher is leaving with such a good team he's built up over the years, after persuading so many to stay and being in such a good position.  £2000 a week (plus renegotiations and a truly big club coming in) over 10 years is better than £5000 over 2 (with little chance of success and no route to ambition).

One can only hope that. as IHE as already alluded, that Butcher is trying to "do right" by ICT and maximise the compensation paid to them. He cannot return to the club in any shape or form now and it is sad that all the good times under TB will be forgotten due to this farce.

One can only hope that. as IHE as already alluded, that Butcher is trying to "do right" by ICT and maximise the compensation paid to them. He cannot return to the club in any shape or form now and it is sad that all the good times under TB will be forgotten due to this farce.

I'd imagine he'll return to the club in the form of hibs gaffer ;-)

Lets be perfectly honest here Hibernian are huge club compared to us, they have a far superior stadium,a far larger support and therefore they can afford to pay players bigger wages

I still think Terry is taking a huge risk but I don't grudge him trying to better himself and enhance his managerial career

To be honest I think Terry is leaving due to frustration, he's mentioned in the local press on numerous occasions his disappointment about the lack of fans coming to see his team

He's worked wonders really on a shoe string budget and he deserves a shot at a bigger club so I wish him the best

What's also very noticeable about this thread is the absence of Bannerman, why is that I wonder?

Dougal

• Agree 1

Becos most of my posts are either spot on, irritating, entertaining or controversial. But they all are from the heart. I do not post anything that I am not willing to back up with a reason or a rationale. I suspect that the main thing that is irritating my detractors is that I have been proved right about the narcissist analysis. I still feel that TB has been the most successful boss ever and has provided us - on and off the field - with the best entertainment ever. With his back room staff he has got us an enviable squad. He was a figurehead and brought us mega media attention.

But he was basically an egotistical, arrogant ******* and he has been found out. I actually thought that he was changing this season and I am interested to find out what triggered his personality implosion. He will unfortunately only make more enemies in the next few weeks as he is bound to project the blame anywhere else than himself. And it does not matter where he feckin satt at Easter Road - he was OUR feckin manager and he decided to be a feckin neutral - give me a feckin break.

And the reason I get more likes is that I say it as I see it and there ain't any dislike buttons any more - LOL

• Agree 1

Lets be perfectly honest here Hibernian are huge club compared to us, they have a far superior stadium,a far larger support and therefore they can afford to pay players bigger wages

I still think Terry is taking a huge risk but I don't grudge him trying to better himself and enhance his managerial career

To be honest I think Terry is leaving due to frustration, he's mentioned in the local press on numerous occasions his disappointment about the lack of fans coming to see his team

He's worked wonders really on a shoe string budget and he deserves a shot at a bigger club so I wish him the best

What's also very noticeable about this thread is the absence of Bannerman, why is that I wonder?

Dougal

But why now Dougal ? He could have got an even bigger club if he brought in a cup etc. with ICT this season. Bannerman will post when the dust has settled as he is a feckin neutral.

But why now Dougal ? He could have got an even bigger club if he brought in a cup etc. with ICT this season. Bannerman will post when the dust has settled as he is a feckin neutral.

Exactly. He could have gone out in a blaze of glory AND landed up at a much bigger and better prospect than Hibs. If he had just seen the season out. What's the hurry, when he appeared settled up here? Hasn't done himself any favours, or us.