Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

Why does everybody 'suck-up' to IHE?

Anything he posts, regardless of how profound or speculative seems to be met with overwhelming approval.

He could post a picture of a tin of Heinz beans and submit a random caption of 'Butcher's last meal' or some utter drivel and get around a dozen 'likes'!!!

Don't worry about it.  I am reliably informed that IHE will be joining Butcher at Easter Road as analyst and advisor.  Clearly Butcher will benefit from his sage words of wisdom, whilst for IHE it will mean not having to travel so far for home matches whilst Leith offers a night time social life more in keeping with his tastes than Inverness.  It will suit us as well as the number of posts on this forum with the word "narcisist", or variations of it, will be reduced by at least 99%.

Is he not banned from Easter Road?

I suspect I feckin will be soon !!

Compensation and/or Malpas are clearly sticking points. KC rightly sticking to his guns. That ICT felt Butcher's presence at ER on Saturday was a ploy to "ramp up the pressure on the ICT board" seems a bit more credible than the suggestion that TB's actions are a ploy to ensure top dollar compensation? This story has a long way to go yet... :shrug:

Edited by PerfICT

Compensation and/or Malpas are clearly sticking points. KC rightly sticking to his guns. That ICT felt Butcher's presence at ER on Saturday was a ploy to "ruamp up the pressure on the ICT board" seems a bit more credible than the suggestion that TB's actions are a ploy to ensure top dollar compensation? This story has a long way to go yet... :shrug:

Agree. Butcher has made his move, happy to camp out with Hibs,  before ICT, his employer have agreed anything with Hibs. I hope our board resist the pressure to do what Terry wants, and do what is in our interest, which is not to release him unless and until substantial compensation and anti-player and staff poaching agreements are in place. He seems to think he can do what he wants, when he wants, while still under contract. Given our position in the league and cup, and the potential damage that his move will make, and that he is under contract, then I do not see how he or Hibs can expect anything less than a very substantial compensation package is made. Until then, they can act as much as like as if the deal is done, but I don't see why ICT should be pushed around by these bullies. We hold the cards, I hope we play them properly. Let them sweat, we are in the right here, and shouldn't cave in to self-interested, disloyal demands, just because it suits them. What suits us is the important thing.

Butcher could have made a private agreement to go to Hibs next summer if he really had ICT's interests at heart. Why the indecent haste of a turncoat?

Edited by The Long Man
  • Agree 3

According to someone on hibs.net sky sports luke shanley at easter road reporting an announcement made tonight. Butcher on his way down. No mention of malpas or marsella tho.

Hope this is true, has been dragged out too long!