Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

I suspect that within two years Butcher will be in very good company.

It's almost bizarre how not one of the managers poached from us due to their great success in Inverness has even gone on to have even moderate success elsewhere.

Same goes to pretty much all our players!

What, like Barry Robson and Don Cowie? Ian Black, John Rankin...

Talking about going on to have great success. Don't think moving to Hibs then United was great success for Rankin. That's why I said most of our players don't go and do terribly well.

Thanks for all that you did up until about a week ago Terry, just a shame it ended how it did.

My final contribution to this thread is going to be this lecture I've just come across this which for anybody who hasn't seen it gives a brilliant insight into Terry's management techniques whilst he was here. Very, very interesting.

• Agree 1

Since the whole thing blew up so quickly without any prior warning, then was a fait-accompli also within a very short time span, one can hardly be faulted  for thinking that telephone calls were made between certain parties quite some time before it all came out in the open. If so, then shame on the parties involved because I will bet the top ICT officials were not aware of it. The big question is : how long has this been in the works?

All I can say is that Maurice and Terry can go if they want but so long as Steve  stays then what have we really lost. ?

He will still be available to work the Southern shores for promising young players and if the new manager  can quickly get the confidence of the players and they work well and hard together then we can continue the building process

If I had been chief at ICT  I would not have allowed all three to leave at once --only the two.

T B will still have his contacts in England but  we can, if necessary, now cultivate good Scottish prospects who can realise the potential of coming to a top team whilst at the same time still looking out for more promising young players from South of the border, even Wales and Ireland.

Now I 'm off to  rinse out the sour taste I still have in my mouth.

According to Sky Sports Terry arrived at the Hibs training ground early this morning Jimmy left not long after. Are Jimmy Nichols days  numbered.at Hibs . Is he the same Jimmy Nichol who won the League cup with Raith.?

Could be a good No 2 at our place I wonder

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?270010-Jimmy-Nicholl-s-role-in-this-mess

According to Sky Sports Terry arrived at the Hibs training ground early this morning Jimmy left not long after. Are Jimmy Nichols days  numbered.at Hibs . Is he the same Jimmy Nichol who won the League cup with Raith.?

Could be a good No 2 at our place I wonder

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?270010-Jimmy-Nicholl-s-role-in-this-mess

Yes he is the same one.  Been round the clubs since Raith though!

I think he said last week as well, that he most likely wouldn't be staying on, but I'd have thought Butcher might keep him on in some regard (it was Nichol that took Butcher to Raith as a coach years ago).

he on SSN of course he is using us in the past tense now he isnt our manager but he said Caley Thistle came here and won at the weekend. As far as i am concerned yes he was off but until yesterday he was still our manager. And he just said we sacrificed another league cup semi and 2nd in the table to come to really good club