Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

Thanks for all that you did up until about a week ago Terry, just a shame it ended how it did.

My final contribution to this thread is going to be this lecture I've just come across this which for anybody who hasn't seen it gives a brilliant insight into Terry's management techniques whilst he was here. Very, very interesting.

gallery_25_548_54251.jpg

• Agree 2

I seem to recollect Barnsley offered him four times his wage here, but they didn't want Malpas.  We still don't really know why he's taken the Hibs job, but I doubt money is the main reason.

I would guess that he will trot out the old mantra tomorrow that Hibs are a big club with a big support

BINGO!

and the potential is there to take them from being a sleeping giant to somewhere far further than he could ever take ICT (due to lack of money/fans/infrastructure etc)

BINGO!

..... love Inverness, love ICT, love the Highlands

BINGO!

but it was a challenge he just could not turn down !!! all that bullshit .....

FULL HOUSE!!!!

• Agree 3

I was taken aback by Maurice Malpas's interview on Sportsound to the effect that he could not consider staying at ICT because we could not offer him what he needed in terms of crowds and training facilities.

The attendances and facilities are no different to those he was delighted to grab with both hands almost 5 years ago when he was unemployed and virtually unemployable within the game.

I am afraid that his words today have tarnished my view of him as much as Butcher's actions on Saturday did for his boss.

Steve Marsella may be going too but at least he has to be given credit for keeping a dignified silence.

• Agree 6

I was taken aback by Maurice Malpas's interview on Sportsound to the effect that he could not consider staying at ICT because we could not offer him what he needed in terms of crowds and training facilities.

The attendances and facilities are no different to those he was delighted to grab with both hands almost 5 years ago when he was unemployed and virtually unemployable within the game.

I am afraid that his words today have tarnished my view of him as much as Butcher's actions on Saturday did for his boss.

Steve Marsella may be going too but at least he has to be given credit for keeping a dignified silence.

On the last point there's still time yet , unfortunately, for him to get his say as well!

• Agree 2

Utterly disgraceful if true (I haven't heard the interview). A further point I would add though is not only were they happy to seize the opportunity five years ago they were also happy to sign new deals offered to them when the team was bottom of the SPL without a win. The board and fans stood by them and now they turn round and berate our club and facilities? Disgusting.

• Agree 3

I was just sitting open mouthed absolutely outraged at what Maurice had to say in that interview. Clearly Hibs have impressive facilities but you don't go bad mouthing the club which threw you a huge lifeline and brought you back from the abyss. Claiming that we couldn't offer him what he wanted and complaining about our crowds has really, really wound me up. I look forward to laughing as I sit part of our small crowd in our small stadium as our players who have trained at our poor training facilities pump their new team 3-0.

• Agree 3

and the potential is there to take them from being a sleeping giant to somewhere far further than he could ever take ICT (due to lack of money/fans/infrastructure etc)

Given that we are currently second and in a good cup run, then further is first and winning either both cups or winning them regularly.

Yeah, I'm sure Terry and Mo really believe they will be above Celtic next year.  Money over ambition.

Perhaps it is our Spartan conditions that have bonded our squad of players together........................ The fact that they are learning to run and pass the ball accurately on none to even and undulating surfaces................................................ The fact that they are prepared to rough it while other mamby pamby  rich (albeit mortgaged to the hilt) teams ponce around in conditions that pamper their egos. .............................The fact that they appreciate the noise and encouragement given them by the loyal support that follow them around even if it is not the biggest crowd in the Country The fact that they are playing for a club that is prudent with it's cash but generous with its appreciation.

Your 'BIG' teams might get the press glory, the bonuses and media praise

but our lads are the grafters that find the winning ways.

• Agree 3

Utterly disgraceful if true (I haven't heard the interview). A further point I would add though is not only were they happy to seize the opportunity five years ago they were also happy to sign new deals offered to them when the team was bottom of the SPL without a win. The board and fans stood by them and now they turn round and berate our club and facilities? Disgusting.

Have you not been reading and learning.

The inherently dysfunctional “co-dependency dance” requires two opposite but distinctly balanced partners: the pleaser/fixer (co-dependent) and the taker/controller (narcissist/addict).

Co-dependents — who are giving, sacrificing, and consumed with the needs and desires of others — do not know how to emotionally disconnect or avoid romantic relationships with individuals who are narcissistic — individuals who are selfish, self-centered, controlling, and harmful to them. Co-dependents habitually find themselves on a “dance floor” attracted to partners who are a perfect counter-match to their uniquely passive, submissive and acquiescent dance style.