Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

As much as he probably is away now, that bbc article just sounds to me like they've made up a reason for nobody saying anything. So it must be over compensation.... Still a tiny bit of hope that he may stay

Given that he is currently being entertained in the Hibs boardroom at Easter Road, I doubt that very much.

Given that he is currently being entertained in the Hibs boardroom at Easter Road, I doubt that very much.

Whilst still drawing a salary from ICT? Unprofessional.

I don't think we've had much value for money from the 2 or 3 grand we've paid him this week.

Oh Terry Butcher, as you sit in the stand and watch Inverness dominate Hibs, currently winning 2-0. If you haven't made your decision yet I hope you look at this display and realise you would be a fool to leave your unfinished work here at Inverness.

Oh Terry Butcher, as you sit in the stand and watch Inverness dominate Hibs, currently winning 2-0. If you haven't made your decision yet I hope you look at this display and realise you would be a fool to leave your unfinished work here at Inverness.

Its too late for me!

The only thing I care about now is that he gets told any bids for our players will be shot down...

Reporter on Sky soccer Saturday said he spoke to Butcher on way into match and he said he was a neutral today.

If this quote from the reporter is true then its a dead cert that Butcher is leaving.

I expect an announcement any time soon now the fixture is finished. 

Reporter on Sky soccer Saturday said he spoke to Butcher on way into match and he said he was a neutral today.

no such thing as a neutral if you are employed by one club and courted by another .... onwards ICT #BIGGERTHANBUTCHER

If that's really what was said then he can get tae !! are we not still paying his wages? dropped in my estimation if that is true

I would have thought that either at the point that the Board gave permision for Butcher to talk with Hibs or when Butcher and Hibs agreed terms and informed our Board, the Board would effectively have put Butcher's contract on hold.  At that point he is not doing the job he is contracted to do and therefore should not be paid. If that was the case then it would be reasonable for him to state that he is a neutral for the game.

But what I find distasteful is the fact that he was at the ground with the Hibs Board and yet still there is no announcement.  The very fact that he was there in those circumstances was a clear statement of what the position is, so why not just make a verbal statement? All that needed to be said is that personal terms have been agreed and that a further statement will be made following discussion between the clubs regarding compensation.  If he didn't want to say that, he should simply have stayed away.

Inverness fans and the Board have been very supportive to Butcher over the years but his antics this week show him in a very bad light.  He's a big boy at a big club now so he thinks he can treat those at the little club who have been supportive of him with disdain.  Complete lack of class.

• Agree 7

Terry, Terry on the wall

Thou art about to have a fall.

Two years,  your dream will be truly shattered

To us it's problematical to wonder if it ever mattered

To tell you the truth, methinks upon the wall of discontent your spirit  will be truly splattered

Thus upon your face you will feel as if you have been truly clattered.

Think again , oh Terence , Lad

The Ides of March are pointing to all that's bad

Tickle my tonsils, frankly speaking, that's altogether rather sad

Terry! Going to Hibs?    Are you .....MAD?

The Green and whites will help your pay cheque , but only a tad.

Truth is that you will yearn for the salad days at Inverness

There is no doubt, at Easter Road, your joy will be less

Tardy? No matter , just  come to Daddy and now confess

That a mistake you may be making, no less

Tinkerville would be a lot better

Totally!  "Cos when you beg to come back it's a lot closer!! :whistle:  :scotland:  :canada:

• Agree 3

I would have thought that either at the point that the Board gave permision for Butcher to talk with Hibs or when Butcher and Hibs agreed terms and informed our Board, the Board would effectively have put Butcher's contract on hold.  At that point he is not doing the job he is contracted to do and therefore should not be paid. If that was the case then it would be reasonable for him to state that he is a neutral for the game.

But what I find distasteful is the fact that he was at the ground with the Hibs Board and yet still there is no announcement.  The very fact that he was there in those circumstances was a clear statement of what the position is, so why not just make a verbal statement? All that needed to be said is that personal terms have been agreed and that a further statement will be made following discussion between the clubs regarding compensation.  If he didn't want to say that, he should simply have stayed away.

Inverness fans and the Board have been very supportive to Butcher over the years but his antics this week show him in a very bad light.  He's a big boy at a big club now so he thinks he can treat those at the little club who have been supportive of him with disdain.  Complete lack of class.

Yes his behaviour today has left a very bad taste. He is in danger of setting himself up as a hate figure which is a shame after the work he has done. He could potentially have unsettled the players who fortunately showed great professionalism. No one is bigger than the club. Good riddance.
  • Agree 1