Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

Poor Terry - I hope that when he clarifies that he is not going anywhere that the fans will rally around with their support. We should not forget that he is still the manager of ICT and he was simply taking his dog fer a walk yesterday and was chatting with the players. He sat in the stands out of respect for both teams and both sets of fans. I understand that he wanted to go to the away support at the end but has decided to leave that until the warm welcome that he will receive in a couple of weeks time. Some peeple appear to think that he is enjoying all of this mayhem and is thick skinned.

Shocking behaviour from Butcher today: he should have been nowhere near the ground. Disappointed in him. So delighted that our thoroughly professional players put Hibs to the sword in very difficult circumstances. Butcher is welcome to them: a sad end to a successful partnership. Bring on the new man and let's put this sorry episode behind us. Onwards and upwards!

• Agree 3

Shocking behaviour from Butcher today: he should have been nowhere near the ground. Disappointed in him. So delighted that our thoroughly professional players put Hibs to the sword in very difficult circumstances. Butcher is welcome to them: a sad end to a successful partnership. Bring on the new man and let's put this sorry episode behind us. Onwards and upwards!

Well said and well done to the team for their great performance

Poor Terry - I hope that when he clarifies that he is not going anywhere that the fans will rally around with their support. We should not forget that he is still the manager of ICT and he was simply taking his dog fer a walk yesterday and was chatting with the players. He sat in the stands out of respect for both teams and both sets of fans. I understand that he wanted to go to the away support at the end but has decided to leave that until the warm welcome that he will receive in a couple of weeks time. Some peeple appear to think that he is enjoying all of this mayhem and is thick skinned.

image.png

I don't get Terry's sudden, and disloyal, decision to jump ship at a time when the season holds so much promise. Some silverware and a place in Europe to play for, a settled team playing good football. For what? More money, sure, but a poisoned chalice of a job if ever there was one, one where he likely won't have the total control and freedom he enjoyed here, with a team playing some woeful football.

Maybe he retrospectively regretted turning down Barnsley, given the dip we had after that, but if so, Hibs is surely no comparison. Barnsley was a vastly superior offer for him. If he had determined to go, then surely he would have been in a far better position if he had finished the season with us, as per contract, taking us to perhaps our finest season and a place in Europe. Then he could have left with dignity, his stock high and had his pick from no doubt plenty of good offers, all with time for us to replace him. As it is, suddenly dropping the reins with no, as yet, explanation, and not taking us for his last game, is rank and very disillusioning. IMHO, he will regret it, but I hope the board choose wisely and are very firm in saying to him "Keep your fecking hands off our players! Find your own" I hope, in particular, that they write into any agreement, that he cannot take any in January.

On the positive side, we must be a very attractive position for aspiring and established managers.

Edited by The Long Man
  • Agree 4

Does anyone else get the impression there could have been some sort of fall-out in the higher echelons of the club?  I know for a fact that it wasn't the money on offer that made him turn down Barnsley, it was the fact that he wouldn't go without Malpas, and Barnsley didn't want him.  All of a sudden, he's leaving the club in essentially the position as it was at that time last season, if not better, as we are higher up the league and closer to the top this time round and arguably have an even better chance of getting to a final, and with Celtic already out of the way, a tremendous chance of winning the League Cup.

Up until last Sunday, he was on a crest of a wave of popularity, built the club to what he had always wanted it to be and was seeming looking forward to the rest of the season.  Remember, after Barnsley he said he'd see out his contract, and after the last County game at the end of last season he said we were going for Europe this year, while constantly praising ICT, the fans and the Highlands in the process.  Yet, out of the blue, he leaves.  Why?  Why would he have put so much in over the last few years, to just throw it all away all of a sudden?  It doesn't make any sense.

There's been rumblings in the past, that he didn't get on with certain un-named people at the club, and I wonder if something has boiled over.  Has there been a fall-out higher up and for him, it was the final straw?

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

I`m getting a bit worried for TB , whats he think he`s doing :confused: , he`ll never turn Hibs around ,it took 3/4 years for a bit of success up here

If he gets hibs playing football then that would be a start, that's what you guys do , if Terry does the same at hibs then we will be fine .. 

...and still nothing official.  Should reach 4 figures!

Terry is coming to East Mains on Monday, expect the rest of your coaching team to be joining him afterwards.

and about 12 English league 2 & conference players :crazy:

...and still nothing official.  Should reach 4 figures!

Terry is coming to East Mains on Monday, expect the rest of your coaching team to be joining him afterwards.

and about 12 English league 2 & conference players :crazy:

That have you second in the league & into the semis of a cup, have you playing football ..yes football ..oh wait ....YES PLEASE !!!!!! :crazy:

At the moment there's nothing official because ICT have not agreed to pass on his registration. There is a big matter of compensation to be sorted out between the two clubs and I hope our estimate of that worth is met by Hibs. I'm inclined to believe that Terry is supportive of this, hence his neutral stance, and that he isn't coming out in public until that part is sorted. Unless he resigns from ICT then he can't sign for Hibs till ICT are ready to transfer his registration and, as yet, he has not resigned.

The common sense side of me feels that Terry wants to see ICT get the best they can out of this deal.

So ICT are 10 points ahead of hibs with a game in hand, and on todays evidence, playing a hell of a lot better. ICT are also in another cup semi final. Why is butcher leaving? It can't be for footballing reasons!!! I knew we would win today, the players, I reckon wanted to show butcher what he'd be missing. To move to hibs is nothing short of baffling.

alright , am a hibby and to be honest i dont like this whole thing 1 bit . i think its fair to say butcher has outgrown ICT now . but he's outgrown most other teams in the league too hibs included . i didnt in a million years think butcher would even consider the hibs job i really didnt but from what i hear he was in the hibs hospitality suite today instead of the away dressing room/dugout so i can only take from that he is no longer the ICT manager

all speculation right now - begs the question ... was this a done deal when the daft burd from the bbc reported he had signed on monday ?

what would the consequences be if that turned out to be the case

• Agree 1