Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

You had a job for life here at ICT Tel. We have a history of being patient with our managers with no sackings to date. Hibs on the other hand will give you 12 months (max) to re-float their sinking ship. It will be a tough job at Hibs - and probably a thankless one too - but all the best to you!

Did we not give Brewster the boot, quite literally?

• Agree 1

The one guy i feel sorry for in this whole saga is Jimmy Nichol! How many clubs has this guy been Assistant at only for the manager to get sacked or leave, he takes over as caretaker and then is sent on his merry way to find another club. Repeat!

To be fair to Jimmy he has stated publicly that he doesnt want to be a manager. Jimmy likes coaching but not all the crap that goes with being the boss. he could be a good No 2 to Butcher.

Really?I didn't know that! Still he must get sick of the " oh no not again" scenario! But i suppose that's football.

The one guy i feel sorry for in this whole saga is Jimmy Nichol! How many clubs has this guy been Assistant at only for the manager to get sacked or leave, he takes over as caretaker and then is sent on his merry way to find another club. Repeat!

To be fair to Jimmy he has stated publicly that he doesnt want to be a manager. Jimmy likes coaching but not all the crap that goes with being the boss. he could be a good No 2 to Butcher.

Really?I didn't know that! Still he must get sick of the " oh no not again" scenario! But i suppose that's football.

Yeh he said so in pre-match interview prior to Motherwell game when asked if he'd be interested in the job.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Butcher is off.  Hibs will pay compensation, or Butcher will resign.  If ICT can get decent compo from Hibs all well and good. I would also hope there would be a clause to say that they cannot come in for any players in January.  If compo cannot be agreed, Butcher will have to resign, even if the Hibs job falls through. There is no way he could come back to manage the club now after basically telling the club he would rather be somewhere else. The longer this saga goes on, the more of his good work will be forgotten.

You had a job for life here at ICT Tel. We have a history of being patient with our managers with no sackings to date. Hibs on the other hand will give you 12 months (max) to re-float their sinking ship. It will be a tough job at Hibs - and probably a thankless one too - but all the best to you!

Did we not give Brewster the boot, quite literally?

Brewster was sacked and so was Baltacha but, frankly, a record of only sacking two managers in twenty years is still remarkable by modern football standards.

Well, if Terry does face the sack in a year or more, then what will he do and what club would be interested in hiring him?

ICT  

Not if we are League Cup holders and have enjoyed a foray into Europe under a new manager.

I hope you're right

I am almost never right. Just ask Mrs Kingsmills...

• Agree 1

I wonder after his behaviour yesterday how many would want Butcher to stay now, personally after been very down about his departure at the start of the week I just want to see the back off him now. 

There was no prospect him of him staying anyway but, for me, his decision to sit in the home stand and accept hospitality in the Hibs boardroom at a match against the team who are effectively still his employers has burned his bridges.

I must say that that decision surprised me, I thought Terry would be more respectful to the club who took a chance on him when his stock and reputation was at a low ebb.

• Agree 4

I wonder after his behaviour yesterday how many would want Butcher to stay now, personally after been very down about his departure at the start of the week I just want to see the back off him now. 

There was no prospect him of him staying anyway but, for me, his decision to sit in the home stand and accept hospitality in the Hibs boardroom at a match against the team who are effectively still his employers has burned his bridges.

I must say that that decision surprised me, I thought Terry would be more respectful to the club who took a chance on him when his stock and reputation was at a low ebb.

Yes my thoughts exactly, I also now feel that his turning down the Barnsley job because "he had work to finish here" was all a crock and it was down to the deal there not suiting him for some reason 

• Agree 1

I for one wish TB to stay but equally relish in the prospect of a new chapter with (hopefully) a capable and spirited manager. Reading the posts and watching news/tweets etc it is 99% certain he will go, it is the 1% of hope that is tearing our minds apart - both for us and the hibees.  

On this Remembrance Sunday we should all turn to the scriptures for support:

PSALM 41:9 : Even my close friend in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted my heel against me.

PSALM 109: 8: May his days be few; may another take his office

JOB 1:21 : The Lord gave, and The Lord has taken away, blessed be the name of The Lord.

AMEN

So what did you expect him to do? Sit at the away end?

Imagine the hassle he'd have got!

Simplest thing to have done was stay away 

But being there surely gave him an enlightened view on 'the grass isn't always greener'