Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

It is done. Time to find an even better management team. I hope ICT screwed Hibs for all they had....which isn't much. Butcher obviously didn't know that Edinburgh folk are known to be "all fur coat and nae knickers" - any war chest he's been offered will be on overdraft.

Sad end - in my opinion a missed opportunity to put some real silverware on their managerial CV as job not yet done and to second guess what is coming 'they had not taken the club as far as it can go'. But hey ho onwards and upwards with the new team who have a couple of weeks to get settled in and continue the good work done already this season.

• Agree 1

Bitter as it may be whilst I enjoyed having Butcher and Malpas at ICT they are working for a rival now so I wish them nothing but misery. I hope we absolutely stuff Hibs the next time we play them.

• Agree 8

Bitter as it may be whilst I enjoyed having Butcher and Malpas at ICT they are working for a rival now so I wish them nothing but misery. I hope we absolutely stuff Hibs the next time we play them.

to show just how bitter I am, I want Dross County to pump Hibs in the cup: end of season for Butcher and co! Plenty of time for them to watch us clean up in all 3 comps!

• Agree 2

Although we've had time to digest this news as it was just a matter of time it got confirmed, I'm feeling fairly confident.

I don't feel the loss of Butcher is our loss, the loss of the club in this position is Butchers loss. We are the one in the strong position, therefore we are the ones that will attract managers to a job they wouldn't think about before. Who knows what managers will be in the hat and showing interest. The club is in its strongest ever position, and of course that's partly due to the management team but not solely.

We now enter the next phase of life as an ICT fan, and I for one am quite excited about it.

• Agree 1

I genuinely hope tb and mo fail miserably and never work in football again. No ambition at all and all for a few quid extra every week. Nobody can tell me different. Hibs will never do more than ict are currently doing.

• Agree 1

Good riddance. As much as I've enjoyed having him here, he's more than welcome to try and sort out that mess of a club he'd prefer to be at now. I sincerely hope he fails miserably and gets the boot at the end of the season.

Onwards and upwards.

• Agree 2

Contracts mean nothing in football ... as we have found out 4 times now.

I applaud him for what he did at ICT, he has my respect and thanks for that, but ICT will move onwards and upwards and he is now consigned to history .....

ICT - #BIGGERTHANBUTCHER

• Agree 1

He has been shrewd enough to negotiate a two and a half year contract on twice what he was on at ICT

And all he had to do was sacrifice ambition, job security, loyalty and job satisfaction.  I don't get why a paycheque for an already wealthy man is so important.

I seem to recollect Barnsley offered him four times his wage here, but they didn't want Malpas.  We still don't really know why he's taken the Hibs job, but I doubt money is the main reason.

Edited by Renegade

I seem to recollect Barnsley offered him four times his wage here, but they didn't want Malpas.  We still don't really know why he's taken the Hibs job, but I doubt money is the main reason.

We will find out his reasoning tomorrow. Will listen with interest.

I would guess that he will trot out the old mantra tomorrow that Hibs are a big club with a big support and the potential is there to take them from being a sleeping giant to somewhere far further than he could ever take ICT (due to lack of money/fans/infrastructure etc) ..... love Inverness, love ICT, love the Highlands but it was a challenge he just could not turn down !!! all that bullshit .....

Thank you for what you did at ICT Terry (and Mo) but you are history now and although you will always have my thanks and respect for what you did at my club, you have moved on, and its time for us to do the same. I mean no disrespect, but now you are managing one of our rivals I really do hope you fail miserably.

• Agree 6

We will find out his reasoning tomorrow. Will listen with interest.

We may find out what he says tomorrow. Doubt we will ever find out his true reasoning.

So what does one get in terms of compensation these days for a pair such as zig and zag? The hibee bretheren seem to think they have had to splash some serious cash.

Got to also admire the incredible level of optimism of the majority on their site - bless them - but I suppose things couldn't get any worse for them as Hibs have consistently been one of the worst sides we have played over the last couple of seasons.

So what does one get in terms of compensation these days for a pair such as zig and zag? The hibee bretheren seem to think they have had to splash some serious cash.

Got to also admire the incredible level of optimism of the majority on their site - bless them - but I suppose things couldn't get any worse for them as Hibs have consistently been one of the worst sides we have played over the last couple of seasons.

I don't suppose we will ever know but, given they only had six months to go on their contracts my guess is circa £100,000.

No matter his reasoning the B team have gone, we now however are left with an A Team of players. We  have got a good idea of our Squad's capabilities and I am certain leadership will be found by our higher management. The B man once said Who knows what this Team can do or how far they can go Well Folks I think he is about to find out.

I echo the onwards and upwards cry, Come on ICT your support wont desert you,  you  just get better and better.

• Agree 2

I don't suppose we will ever know but, given they only had six months to go on their contracts my guess is circa £100,000.

Given the disruption to our season, the potential loss of income, the potential need to pay someone else's release clause, then I  would hope we wouldn't have settled for less than £250,000.

• Agree 2