Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

It is simply a step towards the Sevco job. I am rarely wrong.

You are mostly wrong to be fair but I agree with you on the Sevco job, once an Orc always an Orc in my opinion

If Butcher does well at Hibs he will be the main man to take over from Sally who can't cut it at the top level

Terry and Mo are taking a risk but they are right to state they are moving to a superior club, whether some of us agree with this or not we have to look at the facts

1. Our stadium is a joke compared to Easter Road, the atmosphere generated at both Edinburgh grounds can be really good compared to our sole less gaff. Both Easter road and Tynecastle are relatively city centre locations that embrace the local communities and bring the punters in. The Caledonian stadium embraces nothing other than the chilling wind from the Moray firth and the waft of turds from the dump

2. Our training facilities are shambolic, for a top club to travel 11miles or so to Fort George is not good enough, it's time our board have a look around Victoria park the next time we are through to see what excellent set up and facilities they have and see if we can possibly replicate something similar or be it maybe on a smaller scale

3. Our fanbase is also shameful, Butcher fired the warnings already he rightly stated this season on more than a few occasions that our home crowd is quiet and pitiful in numbers. It's sad but its true we are second in the SPL and in a semi for a cup yet we can only muster 2000 home fans through the gates. He sussed that the fanbase has now reached its peak at present and I think this was one of the main reasons he jump ship

As usual the happy clappers won't like the above but it's time we all faced up to harsh reality, Terry and Mo have moved to a superior set up and by doing so they are furthering their managerial careers something we all would have done if we were all to be honest

Unless the club change the direction they are going and address the above points they will be more Terry Butcher situations in the future

I just hope the players can carry on like they were albeit without the gaffer but I do see an exodus in January and I'd be very surprised that Terry doesn't come back and raid the club despite what's being said in the press

Dougal

Those will undoubtedly be some of the reasons that Butcher will eventually come out with - or probably through his Mispass Puppet. Butcher went for one main reason and that was to put himself in the capital limelight or perhaps he was beginning to be rumbled at the TCS ?? I presume that you have not been at Easter Road recently.

You are mostly wrong to be fair but I agree with you on the Sevco job, once an Orc always an Orc in my opinion

If Butcher does well at Hibs he will be the main man to take over from Sally who can't cut it at the top level

Terry and Mo are taking a risk but they are right to state they are moving to a superior club, whether some of us agree with this or not we have to look at the facts

1. Our stadium is a joke compared to Easter Road, the atmosphere generated at both Edinburgh grounds can be really good compared to our sole less gaff. Both Easter road and Tynecastle are relatively city centre locations that embrace the local communities and bring the punters in. The Caledonian stadium embraces nothing other than the chilling wind from the Moray firth and the waft of turds from the dump

2. Our training facilities are shambolic, for a top club to travel 11miles or so to Fort George is not good enough, it's time our board have a look around Victoria park the next time we are through to see what excellent set up and facilities they have and see if we can possibly replicate something similar or be it maybe on a smaller scale

3. Our fanbase is also shameful, Butcher fired the warnings already he rightly stated this season on more than a few occasions that our home crowd is quiet and pitiful in numbers. It's sad but its true we are second in the SPL and in a semi for a cup yet we can only muster 2000 home fans through the gates. He sussed that the fanbase has now reached its peak at present and I think this was one of the main reasons he jump ship

As usual the happy clappers won't like the above but it's time we all faced up to harsh reality, Terry and Mo have moved to a superior set up and by doing so they are furthering their managerial careers something we all would have done if we were all to be honest

Unless the club change the direction they are going and address the above points they will be more Terry Butcher situations in the future

I just hope the players can carry on like they were albeit without the gaffer but I do see an exodus in January and I'd be very surprised that Terry doesn't come back and raid the club despite what's being said in the press

Dougal

He knew what he was coming to when he joined, he didn't seem to mind then. Our ground is our ground, it won't change whilst numbers are low. We need to try and turn that to an advantage.

Hibs training facilities are good indeed but are also 11 miles from their ground so distance my arse. Can't say their facilities have done them any good. Ours makes our team have to work harder and be fitter. Do remember most of the facilities in Dingwall are shared.

We all knew he would leave but not in these circumstances. I am pretty certain he will regret it more than us!

Dougal a lot of what you say is true but I am quite sure the Management of our Club is well aware of all that. Where does all the money come from that is going to improve all that ? It is easy to criticise but criticism should be backed by proposals on how to overcome these shortcomings.

I would much prefer to see ICT survive as they are rather than go down the Sevco route.

It would be nice if some generous millionaire were to pour money into our coffers without strings being attached, an easy quick fix to these problems could be started immediately and cosmetically we would soon become a glamour side.

Rightly the first priority is to get the team established as a strong contender for European games season after season. That to me is the first priority that will eventually improve the fan base, our media image and consequently help swell the bank balance.

I am one of your happy clappers and proud of it because I am proud to see the ICT progressing as well as they are. If you want to stare at things through your dark glasses that is your prerogative but do try the opticians,they might still have a pair of rose tinted ones you might just enjoy football even more.

• Agree 3

Dougal

1. You can't spell soulless. I'm sure we'd plumb for a city centre location if we could afford it. Alas, we don't own the land. The council do. So we can't sell if to Tesco and look for a new gaff nearer the city centre, as much as we'd love it.

2. 11 miles is nothing to travel. It's a 20 minute drive. What's your daily commute to work? Any person living on the edge of a major city and travelling into work will normally have a 40 minute plus commute. So that is a completely invalid arguement, especially regarding Butcher as Hibs complex is 13 miles from Easter Road (although closer to where a lot of the players live in East Lothian admittedly). Yes our facilities are basic, but I'm sure we can improve them piece by piece over time. All comes down to money again Dougal. The club would rather stay solvent in the mean time it appears. Oooooh darn them.

3. Inverness has a population of around 50,000. Lets say 1/4 are right into football. 13000. Lets divide that again by 4. 1/4 ICT, 1/2 Rangers and Celtic, 1/4 others (Ross County, Aberdeen, English Prem teams etc) So that's 3250. Lets say half of them are hard core. 1625. Sorry, but when it comes down to it, getting 2000 is about right. In time we may be able to convert young daft OF fans and increase that through our School programs etc but you are again not being realistic. We are already the cheapest team to watch in the SPL. What do you want the club to do? Realistically what is YOUR solution.

(For reference Edinburgh has a population of just shy of 500,000 (10X Inverness) and is part of a larger urban zone of just over 800,000. Hibs can probably draw support from around 1/3rd of Edinburgh, same as Hearts and the Old Firm again (they get all over). as well as a minority of EPL fans and me. They also have significant support in Fife. This is why they can attract 15000 to a game even on bad days. This is why they expanded their ground. They easily have the fan base and therefore capital to justify it. Add to the fact they are one of the oldest teams in Scotland means that they have solid ingrained tradition and therefore many dyed in the wool fans. Which we can't realistically hope to have.

So Dougal, next time you think, ask yourself 3 questions before posting. 1. is it a realistic demand? 2. Do I have a solution to the problem I ponder the club? 3. Can I afford to sort it for the club who I know can't afford all these pretty things I want?

If you answer no to any of these. Please refrain.

• Agree 3

Can’t work out why he’s left us for a team way down below

I’m sure he’ll have a reason but for me it doesn’t show

Cos for nigh on five years I’ve been shouting support for Butcher

Nigh on five years just waiting for the chance

To will a silver trophy, maybe European glance

Now I got get used to not shouting support for Butcher

Butcher, Butcher, Who the F*** is Butcher

I am sure that county's promotion had an effect on attendance at TCS. Hopefully when they are relegated or the novelty wears off then things might pick up. It's the quality of our support that I find more disappointing than the quantity.I can't understand how a couple of hundred at an away match can make more noise that the entire main stand at TCS where the attitude seems to be 'Will you please be quiet I'm trying to watch a football match'

• Agree 1

I have to say that the merger probably had more of an effect than many realise.

Was tempted to bite Johndo but give this a rest. Merger is history and I cannot seriously believe that it is having a major impact on attendances now. Inverness public are starting to get what they deserve by not supporting their team.

I have to say that the merger probably had more of an effect than many realise.

Was tempted to bite Johndo but give this a rest. Merger is history and I cannot seriously believe that it is having a major impact on attendances now. Inverness public are starting to get what they deserve by not supporting their team.

Huisdean, you are absolutely right.

• Agree 1

Huisdean, the merger has plenty to do with it, until every one born pre-1994 is old or dead, the attendances won't improve much

Are you suggesting that there are 20 year olds who were lying in their prams so embittered by the merger that they now will not go anywhere near the Longman or that all of the thousands of people who have moved to Inverness over the last two decades were such ardent Caley or Thistle fans supporting from their lounges in Berkshire or Stirling that they now wish the merged club nothing but ill will ?

• Agree 1