Butcher offski?

Pele_Is_God

If this proves to be without foundation, (only time will Tel,pardon the pun)we should pursue the BBC and Chick Young for all they are worth. Usual central belt sensationalist reporting. Would Chick even know where Inverness is on a map.

• Agree 1

STV News reporting that Kenny and Terry had contract talks today which will continue tomorrow. Looking at a two year deal with option of a third year. Also saying that if Hibs make an approach it will be refused thus Terry would have to quit his job here in order to move.

Robbo will have Chick covered !!!! especially as no-one takes him seriously anyway..... but Heather Dewar should definitely come under scrutiny for this tabloid journalism.

Glad to hear that Kenny Cameron is apparently playing hardball and will refuse permission ... but also hope that along with that iron fist he uses the velvet glove to make Terry an offer he cannot refuse. We are in a good position now, Terry is the right fit for our club, and the just announced TV deal for China will apparently benefit clubs to the tune of a potential additional shared revenue of £2m per year .....get him, Mo and Marsella signed up with our portion of that !!!!

STV News reporting that Kenny and Terry had contract talks today which will continue tomorrow. Looking at a two year deal with option of a third year. Also saying that if Hibs make an approach it will be refused thus Terry would have to quit his job here in order to move.

And yet TB took charge of ICT training this afternoon ?

And yet TB took charge of ICT training this afternoon ?

'Contract talks' could easily mean a two minute chat after he had taken charge of training.

Find it a bit strange that there has been no statement from Hibs stating that no contact had been agreed with Butcher 

If I remember rightly Pettrie will say nothing until a contract is signed. As for Chick Young I'm still waiting for Eoin Jess to sign for Rangers and Ian Hart to sign for St Mirren.

• Agree 1

I cannot believe the BBC would publish such a story without proper evidence!! Oh no! Wait! Course I can. One thing I will say about Mr Butcher. He's a man of honesty and integrity. There's no way he'd talk to Hibs without the permission of ICT. I also dont believe Petrie would approach him without first seeking approval from ICT.

• Agree 2

TB has said nothing

apart from this .... http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Butcher-denies-link-to-Hibs-04112013.htm

• Our chairman says no approach. I know and trust our chairman so dont expect him to lie (quite apart from the refreshing fact that he doesnt have a good poker face for lies anyway!)

• ICT have issued a statement to the same effect and condemned the BBC story out of hand in what is quite strong language where you normally have to be quite 'diplomatic'.

• Courier reporting Butcher has not spoken to Hibs and denies "terms agreed". story in tomorrow's paper

• STV reporting that ICT will refuse permission

• Hibs saying nothing

There are a few more twists and turns to come I am sure but ultimately I can see one of three scenarios happening ....

1. Butcher will stay on a nice extended contract with extra cash for him, Malpas and Marsella. Interest from another club will always restart stalled salary negotiations !!! Kenny - if this happens, be careful not to use the same invisible ink pen that Steve Paterson and Duncan Shearer used to sign their bumper contracts a few years ago .... and dont let any of them near Tam Cowan.

2. Butcher will go to Hibs and we will speculate/argue and get very vocal and nasty about how terms could be agreed before permission was given? who lied? Was this a case of shady agents or representatives agreeing terms so the principles could have plausible deniability? TB will become a pariah despite all the excellent work he has done at ICT.

3. The Hibs interest (and media gullibility) is being used as a 'shop window' for other positions, perhaps Middlesborough?

I would be comfortable with #1. I would wish him all the best if #3 happened, but #2 which seems most likely would be very hard to take. He's worked wonders up here, and should be applauded for all he has done ...... but much like Pele making a big deal over turning own Dundee Utd, signing a new ICT contract and ending up at Aberdeen a week later, this would leave a very bad taste in the mouth !!!

• Agree 2

Just listened to Jim Spence, who says BBC are standing by their story, which they say comes from "a reliable source".

If their story is untrue we should take a leaf out of another club and not speak to them. Why not name the reliable source inside the stadium Jim??? I mean it is not the Cold War or some nuclear missile plans we are talking about. He got his compensation figure band from the supposed source  

Would be really surprised if Terry would speak to them directly or indirectly without a proper approach being made he has always been professional, think there is a lot of mischief going on here which is obviously unsettling all, well done to Kenny Cameron for his statement tonight.   

He will stay and sign a new contract. He is using Hibs to get a better contract offer... it's obvious!

That may well be the case.  The other option no one has mentioned is that he may have agreed terms to take over next season.  If that was the case then he would not need to seek permission to talk to ICT and he would be true to his words after the Barnsley fiasco that he will stay to the end of his contract.  Also, agreeing terms does not mean that he has signed a contract.  He could then realistically use that offer as a negotiating tool in securing a significantly better deal here.

Looking at the set up Hibs have relative to the expectations of the club and their fans compared to what he is on the cusp of achieving here, I think he would be absolutely crazy to leave. 

Interest from another club will always restart stalled salary negotiations

Very well put!

Was this a case of shady agents or representatives agreeing terms so the principles could have plausible deniability?

Again very well put, and undoubtedly the case. Spencey said that Hibs were being careful to "leave no fingerprints".

Having trained to be a journalist and hopefully find a job soon i can understand Heather Dewer when writing that if it was from a reliable source. But reliable sources have to be checked out further otherwise they could be done defamation. In this case if Dewer and any other journalist worth there salt then they should get confirmation from an official source. If the leak is from a board memeber then yes they will be in the no but when dealing with facts they have to be accurate. The fact was this is very lazy journalism. The first article said that terms was agreed but yet no contact was made with the Caley Thistle board. Well even if this source is the most trusted on the whole planet even a journalist who asks questions to get information to write stories has to ask the fundamental question how is this possible without being illegal. The article should have been held until some official comfirmation from either club backs the story up.