Inverness CT -V- Kilmarnock

Scotty

Guest Mahonio

Can someone let me know if Butcher was asked or rubbished reports linking him with Hibs, on Facebook, surely someone on here has me on Facebook.

Hard working fairly solid victory, tricky conditions, not much drama.

Well done Graeme Shinnie man of match scoring from attacking right back play!

Doran & Mackay having good games too 

• Agree 1

Aaron Doran had a great game today, and just about shaded Foran in the standout stakes. We played some great football, and if Draper had scored from the move that set him up you could close the bets on goal of the season. As it was, Shinnie's goal wasn't far behind. We completely dominated the first half and seemed to take our foot off the gas a wee bit after we scored the second but it was a comprehensive victory. Keep this going and the match against Celtic here in december could be really interesting, in terms of who goes into christmas top of the league.

• Agree 1

I was glad we got the win, but it wasn't the best of games, not helped by the horrid conditions, particularly when the ball went airborne and was constantly being affected by the wind.  For my money, I thought Foran and Draper had fairly quiet games by their usual standards, along with Mckay who didn't seem quite as sharp as normal - I wonder if he's carrying an injury.  Personally, I thought Josh Meekings had a great game today and was again pretty impressed by Williams and Watkins.  

The only thing I would change is our attitude for the last ten minutes or so.  Towards the end, we seemed to change our philosophy, by sitting deep and letting Kilmarnock come at us.  We held out today, but such changes have caught us out in the past.  I'd much rather we'd have continued how we were playing before and attacking while keeping the ball.

All in all, a good victory.

Another scrappy win but a win is a win.

Killie dominated large chunks of the game but lacked any quality in the final third. We werent too sharp ourselves. Doran got the rub of the green with his shot taking a lucky deflection. Deano was equally fortunate that his defence were alert to the danger caused by his slack pass to Gardyne. 

Shinnies goal was well taken, linked up well with Foran and cut inside, striking a nice shot across Samson and into the bottom corner but we shouldve built on it. Killie never really threatened but they got their goal back from a set piece. Response was good as Williams saw his header come off the post.

Game petered out and result was ours. Any game that see us with 3 points is top notch but we really seem to have lost our fluency. The slickness from previous game is not quite there.

I know Shinnie got man of the match but for me Foran was the best player on the pitch today. Defensively he was excellent. Mopped up so much at the back and did everything he could to get attacks going. Ive questioned his passing ability at times but I couldnt fault him today, barely put a foot wrong and some the passes he picked out were top notch. Proper captains display.

Edited by AJS
  • Agree 1

Faded towards the end but I think thats more to do with us having played 120 minutes on Tuesday night, conditions would have been energy sapping too.  Shinnies goal was well worked and he had a really decent game at Right Back.  McKay seems to be more tightly marked than ever now and Draper as much as i like him had an absolute shocker today I thought. But today was a good 3 points, not at our best but considering we had a long night on Tuesday a very good result!

Agree with most of the stuff above, but nobody seems to mention how well Nick Ross played, he was very good and possibly the best he's played for a while, however like the rest of the team, he ran out of steam after an hour.

Doran was well involved and was our main threat to Killie who in the first half looked very poor.

Must have been the conditions because the passing was very poor, with a lot of moves breaking down quite quickly, Meekings was superb -how long can we keep him?

Watkins i'm afraid, does not do it for me, wasted a lot of balls with poor passes and despite his size/pace cant get passed defenders, subbed after 70 and Williams looks a more dangerous player.

Tremarco is another who will be dropped pretty quickly when Raven comes back next week, not much of a player and pretty ordinary, booked for a feckin stupid studs up slide tackle.

All in all a great 3 points considering our extra time cup efforts midweek.

Nothing much to right home about, but another 3 points will do me. Thought G Shinnie took his goal very well, Nick Ross was nae bad either. Some of the passing out of defence was very poor at times, Meekings , Warren & Tremarco.etc.

But onwards & upwards we go.