1999 Bells flag

Yngwie

I was tidying up a cupboard and found this at the back. Anyone else got one?

post-50-0-86364700-1383768464_thumb.jpg

It's a flag, complete with wooden stick, that was handed to me outside Airdrie's ground when we faced Alloa in the 1999 Bells Challenge Cup final.  Presumably it was the sponsors who produced these rather than the club - note the complete absence of the word "Thistle".

The game itself was a cracker, end to end stuff with dodgy keeping and shoddy defending. We allowed Martin Cameron (who? exactly!) to look like a world-beater and it ended 4-4 before we lost it on penalties, but we should have won it long before it got to that stage.

attachicon.gifIMG_1640.JPG

It's a flag, complete with wooden stick, that was handed to me outside Airdrie's ground when we faced Alloa in the 1999 Bells Challenge Cup final.  Presumably it was the sponsors who produced these rather than the club - note the complete absence of the word "Thistle".

The game itself was a cracker, end to end stuff with dodgy keeping and shoddy defending. We allowed Martin Cameron (who? exactly!) to look like a world-beater and it ended 4-4 before we lost it on penalties, but we should have won it long before it got to that stage.

Recall being offered one on the way in. For some reason I declined...

I seem to remember that a certain Mr Sheerin may have scored 3 penalties in that game......................and still lost!    ALSO   A certain Wanderer asked me for odds on there being 8 or more goals in the game.......I can't remember how much he took off me but , as we all know, he has gone on to be Gringo's pred League double champion.

As you say Johndo ( or whatever you were then)  the good old days

attachicon.gifIMG_1640.JPG

Is this the flag of some pub team or other. In all my time of knowing the football teams of Inverness I dont recall there ever being an Inverness Caley.