Like the post about picking the bones from a fish supper, in my experience TB will not get a decent fish supper down Leith Walk

Where will he take Hibs boys when they win a match

It'll need to be somewhere special - it doesn't look as though it will something that will happen very often.

That would be the Armenian Aghtamar Lake Van Monastery in Exile. They probably wouldn't get in though.

Some quick observations

1. Oh great, a crowd **** thread

2. Yes ICT have smaller attendances than other teams in the league blah, blah, blah

3. If you're going to slag off our crowds at least put some more work into it. You've pinned our crowds as 1,500, 2000 and 3,500. That's quite a degree of variance in your argument

4. I wouldn't say there is any bitterness towards HIbs though I think Butcher might have tainted his stock with ICT fans in the last day or so

5. Regardless of how much he cost James Collins is *****

1/

2/ correct

3/ a Premiership team 2nd in the league ..cup semi ..ave crowds 1500/3500 (shocking)..bigger crowds around the bread stall in my local Asda !!

4/ Jealousy

5/ Chris Hogg

You may get more at the bread stall in your local Asda but for a club that is less than 20 years old i dont think we are doing that bad in a up coming city while trying to get local support away from the old filth. We didn't have a team in the top flight 19 years ago, you did. You are over 100 years old and been able to establish the foundations to grow a support and a club in the capital city city of the country so yes you are bound to have higher support yet we gubbed you today, sit second and have a semi final. Tell me with you 8,000 fans today and bigger crowds that you can generate why it isn't your club in this position. Even St Johnstone who have even lower crowds than us are higher than you. At the end of day we have no bitterness towards Hibs as a club i just think you cant accept that you are ***** and have been for longer than just Fenlon's period in charge   

Edited by gingerjaggy
  • Agree 4

Im willing to bet scaffolder is Dougal in diguise....

However im really starting to get fed up with this constant bull that Hobos are a 'big' club. They play in a city that has population of 500,000 yet only get averages of 12,000. Sheffield has a smaller population yet both there clubs get around 25,000 to 30,000 crowds and both those clubs aren't even considered big.

Oh and for the record, i despise Hibs!

5-1 ;)

Scaffolder ,with a name like yours one can only shudder when we see you come on here.

However, so be it, you must be  in your own mind SHARP as a tack, green as a BLADE of grass and DEADLY as a masked raider gone sour.

Are you the executioner or the guy who carries the wee hanky to wipe the blood off the block after the chopping is over? Approach the Hibees and offer your services 'cos the team apparently needs a chopping and a copping in order that it has the slightest chance of rising up the league again to prominence like it once had in the days of Turnbull and Pat Stanton.

Just so you know, I once went to see the Hibs every other week for 6 Years when I lived in Edinburgh as a callow youth of some 28 years (about 1966). And I really enjoyed Easter road on the terracing across from the main stand. In these days the crowd was always about 12,000 average and today's crowd, presumably including a  large contingent from Inverness, would be regarded as something of a disaster and a matter of great concern.

If Butcher fails to make an immediate positive impact and the crowds dwindle even further where will his salary come from and who will come in as your next Manager. I feel sorry for the current state of affairs at Easter Road because past good times and loyalty can't be forgotten easily and I do wish your club the very best --so long as it is achieved  by honest endeavour and commitment to the team.   So, to be honest, nobody on here hates the Hibs, just your  remarks I fear.

Thank you for quoting some of my remarks. Be assured that these were not criticisms of Hibs in any way just directed at the underhand way that this has unfolded which smacks of a lack of integrity of purpose which does nobody any credit or good.

And , remember the old adage..." if it can happen to me then it can happen to you as well" and you won't like it one bit when it does. 

And the older adage that a leopard does not change his  spots.!!! Who do you think I am referring to? Think about it and get a touch of foreboding as the future unfolds.

By the way, Caledonian F.C and Thistle F.C. were each formed WELL over 120 years ago so the pedigree may even be more sterling than that of Hibs. Our current success has been achieved because we are honest injuns and have character in the characters in our team. Sounds like some of your players don't even seem to want to try very hard which, if correct, is rather shameful especially when the chips are down.

Good luck to Hibernian F.C. Mr S. 

• Agree 1

Today was a day that made me so proud to support Caley Thistle. It would have been no injustice to see us win by 4 or 5 goals, and we were inches away from it. In every position we bettered Hibs, and their players and fans were utterly subdued at the end. Shinnie, Foran and Ross bettered the others on the park merely by virtue of being better tha excellent. Watching Ben Williams going to be interviewed was like watching a man going to his own funeral, and he admitted so himself. It took Hibs rep a while to find anyone willing to face the press. I spoke to Kenny Cameron after the game, and he described both the team and the support as "magnificent" and due thanks. I think he understates things. He also spoke of the fans as being one of the main reasons that this team play out of their skins time and time again; words of a man who cares passionately for his club, and with that fierce passion at the helm we will always succeed. Whatever reason Terry Butcher had for being at the game in the company of his representative, in the Hibs stand is his, and his alone, to explain but it is not the behaviour the Caley Thistle fans would expect or demand of him, no matter the outcome of this saga. Today our team showed why we deserve to be second top of this league, and they also showed why that level of achievement is not dependant on one man, and never will be. Second top? better believe it, it's the least we can achieve this year.

• Agree 9

I cant understand the bitterness towards Butcher , nor hibs for that matter, he has worked his ass off for you lot, got you into 2nd in the league, cup semi v the puddle drinkers but because he has decided to join a massive club (no disrespect to you lot) you have suddenly turned against him ..why ?

Are you completely deluded? He sneaked behind our back and agreed terms without permission before Hibs even approached us. He made our chairman look like a fool telling the bbc they were wrong. He didn't even have the balls to step into the dugout. Doesn't surprise me to hear such retarded comments from a H I VEE tbh.

Utter bollox ..you are the bitter & deluded one ..hibs were above board in everything they done ..dry yer ******* eyes & get over it !!!

My eyes are dry thanks! Can you quit the smack and translate the rest please

I cant understand the bitterness towards Butcher , nor hibs for that matter, he has worked his ass off for you lot, got you into 2nd in the league, cup semi v the puddle drinkers but because he has decided to join a massive club (no disrespect to you lot) you have suddenly turned against him ..why ?

Are you completely deluded? He sneaked behind our back and agreed terms without permission before Hibs even approached us. He made our chairman look like a fool telling the bbc they were wrong. He didn't even have the balls to step into the dugout. Doesn't surprise me to hear such retarded comments from a H I VEE tbh.  

Utter bollox ..you are the bitter & deluded one ..hibs were above board in everything they done ..dry yer ******* eyes & get over it !!!

You shouldn't make statements you cant substantiate Rival. Nobody believes Butcher sneaked behind anyones back bar yourself.

• Agree 1

You shouldn't make statements you cant substantiate Rival. Nobody believes Butcher sneaked behind anyones back bar yourself.

Can't substantiate Alex, but people have suspicions that something happened before Tuesday. Wether it was Hibs, his agent or Butcher himself, I suspect contact was made.

• Agree 1

What a find Scaffolder07 is. Signing of the season for CTO.

Enjoyed yesterday more than any other game so far this season, which is saying something. The support was tremendous - the last 5-10 minutes of sustained , defiant singing/crowing was what going to the football is all about. The players should be proud of their response to what was a potentially difficult week - they didn't just grind out a result but utterly dominated, and played some classy, on-the-deck football. Certain players looked truly liberated yesterday - it was thrilling to see Graeme Shinnie running at the midfield and Nick Ross in the hole, putting through clever through balls and linking so well with McKay. If that sort of performance is a sign of things to come post-Butcher, then, notwithstanding the amazing job he has done for us, I am optimistic and excited about the future.   

• Agree 3

This a direct quote from the "Greenmachine" on the Hibees site.

If he is saying this then we must have been good. Lets hope we can keep it up when Butcher goes!

"First of all I would like to pay tribute to Terry Butcher and Maurice Malpas because that Inverness team today were by some distance the best team I have seen at Easter Road this season. Their first half performance in particular was quite breathtaking, the movement of their forwards far too much for the Hibs defence to cope with, everything done at pace...a workrate second to none in the league...and a solid and well-organised defence which coped easily with the quite pathetic efforts from Hibs. They were exactly what I want Hibs to be, and for me put in an almost flawless exhibition of counter-attacking football. How we went in only 2-0 down at half-time god only knows. They knew they had the game won when the penalty (stupidly given away by Collins) went in. A second soon followed and they then just sat in content to let Hibs run about like daft wee laddies. The gulf between those two teams was immense today and it clearly showed the mammoth task Butcher faces in revitalising that team...a job which is going to take at least a couple of years I fear"

neksor

• Agree 6

I never really got the "we're a better club than yours because we have more people going to watch them".  Do you go to see thousands of people moaning or 11 players in the team?  If it's the former, then ICT are close to the bottom of the league.  Somehow, it seems to be goals, wins, losses and draws that matters to the table and cups.

And to most fans. 

As it stands, Inverness are the better club.  And I bet it stays that way all season.

Quote ictchris: I can't think of another attacking full back who plays on his opposite side, it must be unusual for opposition players to deal with.

I know one. His name is Philipp Lahm.
Edited by Rainbow

The last word on scaffolder.

If you read the thread from the point he joins, I thought he was pleasant enough. The tone changes when some snappy replies hit the spot. Handbags at dusk, but there's no point crying over spilt milk. If we can't take it, don't dish it out. We don't get the same "banter" on here as P&B as we are in our own cocoon, unless we start arguing amongst ourselves. If we want to encourage outsiders, then don't chase them away as soon as they appear please. If there is an issue in what they post then report it, don't add fuel to the fire.

Simples

• Agree 1

The last word on scaffolder.

If you read the thread from the point he joins, I thought he was pleasant enough. The tone changes when some snappy replies hit the spot. Handbags at dusk, but there's no point crying over spilt milk. If we can't take it, don't dish it out. We don't get the same "banter" on here as P&B as we are in our own cocoon, unless we start arguing amongst ourselves. If we want to encourage outsiders, then don't chase them away as soon as they appear please. If there is an issue in what they post then report it, don't add fuel to the fire.

Simples

Rubbish give the Methadone munching erse holes feckin laldy

What a cracking day out that was! On the back of whats been an anxious, agonizing and frustrating week for us we traveled down in good numbers, sang our hearts out and let our team do their talking on the pitch. 

We raced into that lead with ease as Hibs ran out of ideas almost straight from kick off, despite a couple of shaky moments at the back from Brill. Doran, Watkins, Ross and Shinnie overpowered their backline with some fine passing and smart runs and for the first time in weeks they were all looking to play in Wild Bill who took his goal terrifically.

The only disappointment was that we didnt add to the 2-0 lead in the 2nd half as we would have more than deserved it. Billy, Doran and Watkins all came close but some of the football played, particularly on the counter attack was the best Ive seen all season. 

Hibs Im sorry (not really) to say were pathetic. They are not a team on the pitch, no understanding and no confidence between them, which is not helped by their dismal crowd who turned on them completely after about 20 minutes. They made it so easy for us at times. Tel will have more than a re buidling job on his hands when he gets there, he will more or less have to teach most of them how to play football again but that is not my concern.

Only concern for me was see how the boys would cope after the week thats been. Each of them went out there with a point to prove and they more than did that. Whoever comes in (though I feel Mo has a strong case) is inheriting a top group of players. 

Fans were top notch as said and that just added to the day. Bring on the new chapter!  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:

• Agree 3

http://caleythistleonline.com/page/index.html/_/reports-2013-14/hibernian-v-inverness-ct-report-r1091

AJS's match report now published

"Butcher Butcher what's the score" echoed round the stadium as Terry, cloth cap and all enjoyed a bit of hospitality. It was difficult to say if he enjoyed the score as much.

Fantastic performance by every player and supporter of ICT - shame it wasn't matched by our crest-fallen manager. The "Butcher, what's the score?" chant was crystal clear on the radio and said it all. Well done to everybody who went down to ER. :clapping:

• Agree 2