• John Hughes
    • Colin Cameron
    • Richie Foran
    • Jimmy Calderwood
    • Alan Moore
    • John Brown
    • Peter Houston
    • Someone else (say below)

Henrick Larsson.  He is attack minded, will have plenty of contacts, and could draw a crowd back to the stadium. 

Kevin MacDonald.  Question marks over his Swindon departure, but will have a tremendous amount of contacts in England.  An Invernessian dream team with Donald Park returning as Assistant Manager would go down well. 

That's as many names as I can fit.  Surprised at so many for Larsson.  One club that ended up fighting relegation when they were tipped for promotion.  Great player but when did that make a great manager?  Mourinho was little more than Bobby Robson's interpreter. Sacchi never played football at senior level either, whilst Walter Smith was very much a reserve.  Bobby Moore was probably England's greatest ever defender.  Bryan Robson captained England, whilst Ally McCoist was one of Scotland's top strikers.  Wouldn't hold any of them up as anything special as managers.

I would quite like Craig Levien with Barry Wilson as assistant.

Perhaps he was out of his depth at international level but he hasw a good record in the SPL. Barry Wilson has also been through the coaching badges and is doing well at Wick. His training has especially been highly regarded so far up there compared to what they were used to. So they would be my choice with Wilson taking over at some point in the future.

Ian Holloway is out of a job!

If charisma and character has got anything to do with it I'd love to see Holloway. Players seem to like him and Palace never gave him a chance.  I think he might even remember where Inverness is - brought QPR up here pre-season in about 2004 - we drew with them 1-1 in a friendly.

Somebody else suggested Warnock. Me too. Just can't see the attraction in Levein.

Edited by NormaStitz

Levein is the Bookies Favourite  - I would not like to see Foran as Manager as coming from one of the Boys to Boss does not usually work in Football Clubs. Foran as an assistant to Levein or someone else would keep him out of Butchers clutches in the Future and could be a good step for him

There's been a few interesting/scary additions to the candidate list according to one of the online bookmakers.

Henning Berg     40/1

John McGlynn    66/1

Ossie Ardiles     66/1

Craig Burley      40/1

David Weir        33/1

Alex McLeish     33/1

Paul Sturrock    25/1

Favourite is still Levein at 2/1 with Foran at 3/1 and Hartley/Shiels at 8/1

Guest Mahonio

Henning Berg and Craig Burley, what the hell!!

Jeez, Berg didn't even last a month at Blackburn.

Sturrock at 25/1 looks good but unlikely he will get job.

Paul Hartley is contracted with Alloa until the end of the season and Saturday's match against Raith Rovers will be his 100th match in charge of them. His record from May 2011 - Present: Games - 99, won - 52 drawn - 20, lost - 27, win percentage - 52.53.

I'm leaning towards Levein now.

Granted, Scotland was a disaster, but he always complained he didn't get enough time with the players and that's what he missed about club management. If we got the ex-Dundee Utd and hearts manager, rather than the ex-Scotland manger - two totally different management styles - I think he'd do a job for us.

Going by most of the votes and people I have had discussions with they all seem certain on Craig Levein. I think a well experienced character going into the semi final would be very helpful and going back to his Hearts days, he guided Hearts to successive European places and done relativity well - He done a good job with Dundee United too. 

I must admit, at the start I was very apprehensive about Craig becoming the manager due to his Scotland career but looking at it he was well and truly out of his depth. I would like to see him resurrect his career with ICT and get his reputation back in football.

The only thing I could see happening is that if indeed we sign Craig Levein then he would most likely seek out Peter Houston. Fair enough both of them were together at Hearts, Dundee United and even Scotland but If he was given the chance, I would like to see Paul Hartley come in with Craig Levein as his assistant. Hartley being a young upcoming manager it would be good for him to come up to the big leagues and work for ICT and develop his career further.

I really want us to avoid Kenny Shiels. Looking at this time with Kilmarnock, he was a good hard working manager but he wasn't short of quotes. I think it would be bad publicity for ICT if we went with him. Even the Killie fans were glad to get shot of him.  

Seems a straight forward decision for Kenny Cameron IMO. 

• Agree 1

Regardless of who we end up with, with our track record he'll either be good for the team and be poached by a bigger team, or he'll be sh!te and either stay or be sacked.

Might as well start booing him straight away!

(Glass half empty at the moment!)