Butcher's best and worst signings.

davieB

Right, now he's gone, and most have us have had our say....there's no doubting Butcher (or Marsella) made some great signings, and some awful ones.

Best...McKay springs immediately to mind, or Warren, but for me the best was Johnny Hayes. Great player, shame he hadn't hung around a bit longer.

Worst...quite a few to choose from, but by far the worst for me was Gil Blumstein(??). Saw him a couple of times and he was mince!

Best: Hayes, Meekings, Warren, McKay, Andy Shinnie, Draper, OTJ (the J stands for Judas)

Worst: Tade, Gnapka, Eagle, Stratford

Kind of think Roberts wasn't as bad as everyone made out considering how young he was. Considering he was playing regularly in the first team and he couldn't have been much older than some of our youth players (who I would have rather have seen on the pitch rather than a loanee).

• Agree 1

Best by a country mile Richie Foran and Marsalla, followed by Draper, Meekings, Warren, Doran, Hayes and Mckay. Also early signs of Tremarco and Watkins

Worst Stratford, Gnapka, Blumenstein, Aldred or Blackman. There has been a few really, but we remember the good signings better. 

Phil Roberts gets such a bad press due mainly to his missed penalty at Easter Road.

However, I urge you to check out the goal he scored a couple of weeks ago. For those who haven't seen it, he picked the ball up on the left touchline - no threat apparent, but he cuts across the park and unleashes a screamer! It's here, uploaded by RiG.

Post #295

• Agree 1

Remember the end of season doo on the pitch when we won the 1st division? Butcher welcomed each of the players onto the park, highlighting the way each had contributed to the campaign - goals, etc. until it came to... "Here's Dan Stratford - he's a great guy" :lol:

• Agree 6