Butcher's best and worst signings.

davieB

Best : Foran, Hayes, A.Shinnie, Warren, McKay, Meekings, Doran, Draper. Yeah, that's a lot !

Worst : Gnapka.

Gnapka was class person he just didn't get enough time playing 

We agree. But if he didn't play often, he isn't a good signing. That's my point of view. :smile:

Best : Foran, Hayes, A.Shinnie, Warren, McKay, Meekings, Doran, Draper. Yeah, that's a lot !

Worst : Gnapka.

Gnapka was class person he just didn't get enough time playing 

He was a lazy twit and was rightly punted as soon as possible.

Forgot about Gnapka. Remember the first time I saw him come on as a sub, can't mind who against, and was really impressed with him immediately after he went on a mazy run, finished with a screamer of a shot that went just wide.

And that was it....he was awful after that!

Forgot about Gnapka. Remember the first time I saw him come on as a sub, can't mind who against, and was really impressed with him immediately after he went on a mazy run, finished with a screamer of a shot that went just wide.

All I remember is his lazy performance at Dunfermline where the fans broke more sweat in the stand than he did on the pitch!

Best - Gary Warren

Worst - Releasing Grant Munro

Don't think the worst thing he did was releasing Munro. You have actually named his replacement in Terry's best signing. Although we were all pretty shocked about Munro it proved to be the right decision in the end. 

Warren came in a year after Munro went, so could hardly be considered a replacement.  We struggled big time at the back after Munro was punted, and having to use the likes of Aldred who clearly didn't want to be here and even David Proctor to fill the void left behind.  It's no surprise that we didn't record our first clean sheet until January that year! 

Remember that as well (was the last home game I went to). I think he hit the post and also got booked for diving as I remember my brother calling the ref racist.

Surely Tansey has to be up there, he was absolutely useless!

Wouldn't say he was useless. Ran his socks off and could pick a pass when needed. Just didn't really suit us at the time and looked like a headless chicken at times.

His debut vs Motherwell he was our only shining light and the day he scored 2 against the pars he was excellent. We just didn't get enough out of him imo.

Going to do it season by season. The 1st one is a little awry as only 3 signed in January. None wear that bad either. So I'll nominate the best and the best of the other 2 is down to who stayed longer. This being Eric Odhiambo

08/09 (SPL from Jan 27th) - Best: Richie Foran. Worst: Brian Kerr

09/10 (SFL 1) - Best: Jonny Hayes. Worst: Chris Eagle

10/11 (SPL) - Best:  Aaron Doran (loan initially in Jan)  Worst: Gil Blumstein. Though looking at the players who came in now, it's less than inspiring.

11/12 (SPL) - Best: Very tough to call between Andy Shinnie, Billy Mckay and even Josh Meekings. I'm going for McKay due to him still being here (unlike Shinnie, though I'd argue he's a better player perhaps). Worst: Much easier. Tom Aldred.

12/13 (SPL) Best: Gary Warren Worst: Where to start. Simon King was permanently injured, Andre Blackman? George Brislen-Hall? Jordan Gibbon? Charlie Taylor? All on loan but none made an impact. But I'm going to have to go for Jason Oswell as he was deemed so bad that he was away in January.

13/14 (SPL ongoing) Best thus far: Dean Brill. Worst thus far: Curtis Allen.

Robert Eagle had flashes of talent.  No engine though.  He wasn't far off Div. 1 standard - which is of course where we ended up. Stratford was worse, though tried hard, mind you.  Simon King would still be a first pick today had he avoided the injuries that ruined his career.  Unlucky rather than worst.

Going to do it season by season. The 1st one is a little awry as only 3 signed in January. None wear that bad either. So I'll nominate the best and the best of the other 2 is down to who stayed longer. This being Eric Odhiambo

08/09 (SPL from Jan 27th) - Best: Richie Foran. Worst: Brian Kerr

09/10 (SFL 1) - Best: Jonny Hayes. Worst: Chris Eagle

10/11 (SPL) - Best:  Aaron Doran (loan initially in Jan)  Worst: Gil Blumstein. Though looking at the players who came in now, it's less than inspiring.

11/12 (SPL) - Best: Very tough to call between Andy Shinnie, Billy Mckay and even Josh Meekings. I'm going for McKay due to him still being here (unlike Shinnie, though I'd argue he's a better player perhaps). Worst: Much easier. Tom Aldred.

12/13 (SPL) Best: Gary Warren Worst: Where to start. Simon King was permanently injured, Andre Blackman? George Brislen-Hall? Jordan Gibbon? Charlie Taylor? All on loan but none made an impact. But I'm going to have to go for Jason Oswell as he was deemed so bad that he was away in January.

13/14 (SPL ongoing) Best thus far: Dean Brill. Worst thus far: Curtis Allen.

Think that is very harsh on Charlie Taylor! Didnt play many games but i was desperate for Butcher to re-sign him this season. The rest I agree with.

• Agree 1

Remember that centre back Terry Butcher signed at the start of the season but he left because of a bad injury. Think it was Harry Hooman. Rumours that he would be returning when he was injury free but i take it he will maybe go to Hibs instead if anything