Contract Situation

Sneckboy

Yes, but it would also imply that Butcher had not been as honest with Foran as Foran would like.  Foran said that he was surprised Butcher had not got his contract with ICT tied up.  Well, the reason for that was because big Tel wanted out the door.   I think Butcher's character has become a lot clearer to people this last week.  He uses people.  He is as nice as anything when it suits him but then casts them aside when they are no longer of value to him.

Foran is just the sort of player Butcher likes and therefore he has nurtured him and supported him over the years.  But Foran is getting on a bit and will only have a couple more seasons at best at the top level.  Butcher might come in for Foran if he thinks he can do a job for Hibs in next season but as soon as Foran has lost that bit of pace he'll just toss him aside.  If Foran want to do his coaching qualifications then he would be far better to stay here where the club is supportive of those who are loyal to the club.

Richie, if a big guy with with a wide eyed stare and a green tie comes offering you the pleasures of Leith - just say No.

• Agree 1

Yes, but it would also imply that Butcher had not been as honest with Foran as Foran would like.  Foran said that he was surprised Butcher had not got his contract with ICT tied up.  Well, the reason for that was because big Tel wanted out the door.   I think Butcher's character has become a lot clearer to people this last week.  He uses people.  He is as nice as anything when it suits him but then casts them aside when they are no longer of value to him.

Foran is just the sort of player Butcher likes and therefore he has nurtured him and supported him over the years.  But Foran is getting on a bit and will only have a couple more seasons at best at the top level.  Butcher might come in for Foran if he thinks he can do a job for Hibs in next season but as soon as Foran has lost that bit of pace he'll just toss him aside.  If Foran want to do his coaching qualifications then he would be far better to stay here where the club is supportive of those who are loyal to the club.

Richie, if a big guy with with a wide eyed stare and a green tie comes offering you the pleasures of Leith - just say No.

Another thing that would back that up would be the way he was so quick to cast aside club stalwarts in Tokely and Munro. The former who he had previously wanted a side of 11 of him. Admittedly Tokely was especially was getting on playing wise, but the way he was discarded almost (yes I know he was offered a deal but it was the type that sounded like he would never be able to accept) shows that once Terry has no more use for you then he'll cast you by the wayside.

Be warned Ritchie.

Signed up until the end of season 2016-17:

• Richie Foran

Signed up until the end of season 2015-16:

• Aaron Doran

• Dean Brill

Signed up until the end of next season (2014-15):

• Josh Meekings

• Nick Ross

• Gary Warren

• Graeme Shinnie

• Billy McKay

• Daniel Devine

• David Raven

• Liam Polworth

• Ryan Christie

• Ross Draper

Signed up until the end of this season (2013-14):

• Ryan Esson

• Conor Pepper

• Matthew Cooper

• Jay Cheyne

• Calum Ferguson

• Ben Greenhalgh

• Danny Williams

• Adam Evans

• James Vincent

• Marley Watkins

• Curtis Allen

• Joe Gorman

• Nick Draper

• Calum Howarth

• Cameron Mackay

• Jason Brown

• Alasdair Sutherland

• Carl Tremarco

Signed up until January 2014

• Torbjørn Agdestein

Edited by Sneckboy

• Richie Foran

• Aaron Doran

• Dean Brill

• Josh Meekings

• Nick Ross

• Gary Warren

• Graeme Shinnie

• Billy McKay

• Daniel Devine

• David Raven

• Liam Polworth

• Ryan Christie

• Ross Draper

• Ryan Esson

• Conor Pepper

• Matthew Cooper

• Jay Cheyne

• Calum Ferguson

• Ben Greenhalgh

• Danny Williams

• Adam Evans

• James Vincent

• Marley Watkins

• Curtis Allen

• Joe Gorman

• Nick Draper

• Calum Howarth

• Cameron Mackay

• Jason Brown

• Alasdair Sutherland

• Carl Tremarco

• Torbjørn Agdestein

• 2 weeks later...

A few players I would like to see come in are in the striker position, maybe unaffordable, but Southampton and Crystal Palace have left some top players out of their PL squad this season,

Lee Barnard, Maybe he's 29, but has a brilliant record and was left out for no reason not attitude so would be a good player probably out of budget range, another two left out are Aaron Martin and Jon Forte. palace Have left out top players like Garvan and Wilbraham also new signing Osman Sow is on a short deal and looks worth a punt

• Richie Foran

John Hughes

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• David Raven

• Nick Ross

• Gary Warren

• Josh Meekings

• Graeme Shinnie

• Billy McKay

• Daniel Devine

• Liam Polworth

• Ryan Christie

• James Vincent

• Cameron Mackay

• Ross Draper

• Adam Evans

• Curtis Allen

• Conor Pepper

• Ryan Esson

• Jay Cheyne

• Calum Ferguson

• Marley Watkins

• Jason Brown

• Joe Gorman

• Alasdair Sutherland

• Danny Williams

• Calum Howarth

• Nick Draper

• Matthew Cooper

• Ben Greenhalgh

• Carl Tremarco

• Torbjørn Agdestein

I wonder what U20 players will be kept on, can you be 20 and not be considered an overager for the 20s? I think Cooper and Pepper have had their time and haven't made the jump to the first team well enough and many may say Pepper is capable but he isn't quite good enough to get another contract and we don't have space for someone who just isnt ever going to be a regular, Draper and Watkins are definites along with Tremarco. Vincent is a definite if he can regain fitness and get back into the team, back to u20s, I've always liked ferguson and thought that he had potential, and his Canada youth call up added to how I rated him, but I'm not sure what will happen to him, Cheyne I'm not convinced by, but I expect Shinnie to have bids flooding in for him, so he can't switch to RB when Raven is injured, I'm not a fan of Meeks or Devine at RB so I don't see why Cheyne can't get a chance. I'm undecided on Williams or Greenhalgh, I've always been impressed by Cameron Mackay, Evans and Gorman. Never really watched the rest of the 20s. Unsure whether Esson has a place here, Allens got to go though, if he's not gonna play, no point being here. IIRC most of the new signings had a optional 1 year extension

• 3 weeks later...

• Richie Foran

John Hughes

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Ryan Esson

• David Raven

• Nick Ross

• Gary Warren

• Josh Meekings

• Graeme Shinnie

• Billy McKay

• Daniel Devine

• Liam Polworth

• Ryan Christie

• James Vincent

• Cameron Mackay  (On loan at Clachnacuddin until mid-January 2014)

• Ross Draper

• Adam Evans

• Conor Pepper

• Jay Cheyne

• Calum Ferguson

• Marley Watkins

• Jason Brown

• Joe Gorman

• Alasdair Sutherland

• Danny Williams

• Calum Howarth

• Nick Draper

• Matthew Cooper

• Ben Greenhalgh

• Carl Tremarco

Signed up until the end of January 2014

• Torbjørn Agdestein

So I'd say,  Draper, Vincent, Watkins and Tremarco are the clubs priorities along with whether or not Tor is hanging about after xmas.

I'd imagine Yogi would want to see a) Vincent in action and b) how he recovers from the leg break before offering terms. But I can imagine he'll be talking to likes of Shearer and Foran in regards to things like that. He won't want to be losing anyone as he trying to keep things as undisturbed as possible.

The rest can be sorted between Jan and the summer. Ideally keep likes of Greenhalgh, Cooper, Williams and Pepper but in the kindest possibly way, they aren't integral squad members.

Pretty sure Marley Watkins is signed till the end of next season.

That's good news indeed. Not that I doubted you, CaleyD, but I hunted about for collaboration and eventually found it!

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/marley-watkins/profil/spieler_91315.html

With this news, the update will be a pleasure to do!