• Billy McKay

• Graeme Shinnie

• Marley Watkins

• Nick Ross

• Daniel Devine

• Ryan Christie

• Gary Warren

Signed up until the end of this season (2013-14):

• Cameron Mackay  (On loan at Clachnacuddin until mid-January 2014)

• Calum Ferguson

• Ross Draper

• Danny Williams

• Calum Howarth

• Jay Cheyne

• Adam Evans

• Jason Brown

• Matthew Cooper

• Nick Draper

• Carl Tremarco

• Ben Greenhalgh

• Joe Gorman

• Conor Pepper

• James Vincent

• Alasdair Sutherland

Signed up until the end of January 2014

• Torbjørn Agdestein

Watkins is on a two year deal.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Watkins-wants-European-bid-with-ICT-17062013.htm

THE lure of making another push for Europe was a major attraction in Marley Watkins turning down more lucrative offers in England to sign for Caley Thistle.

The winger is one of eight new players to have joined Inverness since last season having put pen to paper on a two-year contract.

Butcher's keen to take him to Hibs apparently.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hibernian-boss-terry-butcher-targets-2946339

Edited by Renegade

I must admit, I don't really know what a 'one year option' means! I've seen the 'term' used but I'm baffled. As you pointed out, Ben Greenhalgh and a few others have this 'clause' but to me it seems strange.

Surely, 'clause' or not, if the player on a one-year-deal didn't look like having a future at the club, they'd be moved on? And, similarly, a player on a one-year-deal who didn't have the 'clause', but who'd showed up well, would likely be offered an extended deal. The 'clause' seems superfluous!

But, I'm maybe missing an obvious point! Anyway, the only Claus I understand at the moment is the Santa one. But last week I was informed he didn't exist so I really don't know what to make of it all.

I must admit, I don't really know what a 'one year option' means! I've seen the 'term' used but I'm baffled. As you pointed out, Ben Greenhalgh and a few others have this 'clause' but to me it seems strange.

Surely, 'clause' or not, if the player on a one-year-deal didn't look like having a future at the club, they'd be moved on? And, similarly, a player on a one-year-deal who didn't have the 'clause', but who'd showed up well, would likely be offered an extended deal. The 'clause' seems superfluous!

My understanding is that it's up to the club whether or not they take up the option. For example if Greenhalgh shows up well he's contracted to summer 2015. If he doesn't he will leave in summer 2014.

Sometimes it can be to do with games played as well.  For example, player X has signed a new one year deal, with the choice of a second being activated should player X play X amount of games that season.  It was a clause like that, that kept Ross Tokely here one year longer than Butcher wanted (who wanted to punt him along with Munro and Duncan, but couldn't due to this type of clause).

Edited by Renegade

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/norwegian-striker-toby-agdestein-set-2985321

Looks like toby will be away since he cant get any starts and to be honest he doesnt deserve any because billy mckay is better than him in everyway so he sould be content with being a sub unless he can step up!

We do need another striker though!

Edited by Ayeseetee

To be fair to Toby, I thought he added some bite against Ross County. Lack of games will make it hard for any player to establish themselves in any team. Probably a big challenge for ICT weighing up how realistic it is that they might receive a big bid for Billy and  finding themselves without Toby and Billy if the offer is a good one.

Doesn't say anywhere from what I've seen, about how long Tremarco's deal is.  Considering his house-hunting comments though, suggests that it's a fairly longer one.  Wouldn't at all be surprised if it's two years.

Watkins is already signed until the end of next season I believe, so I shouldn't think that there'd be much news on him for a while.

Edited by Renegade

Doesn't say anywhere from what I've seen, about how long Tremarco's deal is.  Considering his house-hunting comments though, suggests that it's a fairly longer one.  Wouldn't at all be surprised if it's two years.

The fact that Danny Williams' contract is two years, I would assume Carl Tremarco is the same.

I find it really refreshing that we are offering longer deals to players than just a standard year like before.

• Agree 1

I've stolen it back from Sneckboy!

Signed up until the end of season 2016-17:

• Richie Foran

Signed up until the end of season 2015-16:

• John Hughes

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Ryan Esson

• Danny Williams

• Carl Tremarco (we think)

Signed up until the end of next season (2014-15):

• Liam Polworth

• Josh Meekings

• David Raven

• Billy McKay

• Graeme Shinnie

• Marley Watkins

• Nick Ross

• Daniel Devine

• Ryan Christie

• Gary Warren

Signed up until the end of this season (2013-14):

• Cameron Mackay  (On loan at Clachnacuddin until mid-January 2014)

• Calum Ferguson

• Ross Draper

• Calum Howarth

• Jay Cheyne

• Adam Evans

• Jason Brown

• Matthew Cooper

• Nick Draper

• Ben Greenhalgh

• Joe Gorman

• Conor Pepper

• James Vincent