Contract Situation

Sneckboy

The club use one of, if not the, top legal firm in the country for preparing contracts (among other things)....I'd happily wager everything I have that if they've cleared something for inclusion in a contract, then it's legally sound.

The club use one of, if not the, top legal firm in the country for preparing contracts (among other things)....I'd happily wager everything I have that if they've cleared something for inclusion in a contract, then it's legally sound.

Even with an average legal firm preparing a contract there is little a player can do to break an Unconditional Unilateral Option for extension

• 3 weeks later...

Would be easier to summarise by stating that the only players contracted beyond this season are Foran, Warren, Meekings and Tansey!
Going to assume the 'worst' and list Ryan Christie as leaving in January.

Signed until the end of next season (2016-17):

• Gary Warren

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

Signed until the end of this season (2015-16):

• John Hughes - Manager

• Brian Rice - Assistant Manager

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Ryan Esson

• Carl Tremarco

• Ross Draper

• James Vincent

• David Raven

• Danny Devine

• Ali Sutherland

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Calum Ferguson

• Cammy Mackay

• Nat Wedderburn

• Jordan Roberts

• Dani Lopez

• Owain Fon Williams

• Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo

• Iain Vigurs

On loan until January:
• Ryan Christie
• Miles Storey
• Tobi Sho-Silva

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Development Squad players available for this season (2015-16):

• Calum Howarth

• Jason Brown  

• Jaime Wilson  

• Kane Hull

• Struan McArthur 

• Blair MacLennan 

• Chris Brown

• Stephen Rennie 

• Chris Blackett

• Daniel Hoban (goalkeeper) 

• Alasdair Stark  

• Andrew Macrae

• Cameron Gilchrist

Would be easier to summarise by stating that the only players contracted beyond this season are Foran, Warren, Meekings and Tansey!
Going to assume the 'worst' and list Ryan Christie as leaving in January.

Signed until the end of next season (2016-17):

• Gary Warren

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

Signed until the end of this season (2015-16):

• John Hughes - Manager

• Brian Rice - Assistant Manager

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Ryan Esson

• Carl Tremarco

• Ross Draper

• James Vincent

• David Raven

• Danny Devine

• Ali Sutherland

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Calum Ferguson

• Cammy Mackay

• Nat Wedderburn

• Jordan Roberts

• Dani Lopez

• Owain Fon Williams

• Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo

• Iain Vigurs

On loan until January:
• Ryan Christie
• Miles Storey
• Tobi Sho-Silva

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Development Squad players available for this season (2015-16):

• Calum Howarth

• Jason Brown  

• Jaime Wilson  

• Kane Hull

• Struan McArthur 

• Blair MacLennan 

• Chris Brown

• Stephen Rennie 

• Chris Blackett

• Daniel Hoban (goalkeeper) 

• Alasdair Stark  

• Andrew Macrae

• Cameron Gilchrist

I know and appreciate how thorough and accurate you usually are but you seem to have slipped up this time.

You appear to have omitted the experienced forward(s). Surely we can't have let yet another transfer window pass without recruiting at least one.......

• Agree 1

Are you arguing that Ryan was contracted to the club for two more full seasons subject only to triggering the club's option ? If so, I think most fans would be very surprised and disappointed indeed that he was sold today for a figure that would suggest that is not the case.

Will the management team be offered a new or extended contract? Do they want one? Their stock was high at the end of last season, less so at the beginning of this one.

That's very harsh!
We've not had a good start and things are not looking particularly rosy either but I think we all know we want to keep Yogi here.
(obviously not the folk who are desperate for the day they can say "I told you so - never wanted him in the first place" but we'll ignore them)

• Agree 2

Will the management team be offered a new or extended contract? Do they want one? Their stock was high at the end of last season, less so at the beginning of this one.

That's very harsh!
We've not had a good start and things are not looking particularly rosy either but I think we all know we want to keep Yogi here.
(obviously not the folk who are desperate for the day they can say "I told you so - never wanted him in the first place" but we'll ignore them)

Personally, I think the manager's contract position should be considered in January and the performance of the team, now very much more his team, between now and then should be a determining factor in whether or not his contract should be renewed and on what terms.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Now that the managerial merry-go-round has (temporarily?) stopped, can we please get as many as possible of the playing/coaching staff signing contract extensions. If this season has seen a bit of a rebuild job I hate to think of how next season could pan out with just four players currently signed up? 

• Agree 5

• 2 weeks later...

Are you arguing that Ryan was contracted to the club for two more full seasons subject only to triggering the club's option ? If so, I think most fans would be very surprised and disappointed indeed that he was sold today for a figure that would suggest that is not the case.

I am of the belief that all contracts have to be scrutinised and approved by Football Association.

As for Ryan I think we got a very good deal out of this sale. He wasn't going to stick around for much longer anyway and as it is we get cash and the player.

• 1 month later...

Draper being offered a 3 year deal, which is great news.

Looking to keep the Warren, Meekings, Draper, Tansey unit together will be a fantastic achievement by the club and in my opinion the nucleus of the team that we can build everything and everyone else around. Perhaps a sign JH is about to sign for a similar timescale.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Draper being offered a 3 year deal, which is great news.

Looking to keep the Warren, Meekings, Draper, Tansey unit together will be a fantastic achievement by the club and in my opinion the nucleus of the team that we can build everything and everyone else around. Perhaps a sign JH is about to sign for a similar timescale.

It will be if it comes off but too early to be counting any domestic fowls....

12 minutes ago, RiG said:

Where is the source for this Draper contract chatter? Not seen anything confirmed yet. Good news though if true.

Was mentioned in another thread somewhere as being in BBC gossip: found link here which says its from the Daily Express: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34929715