Contract Situation

Sneckboy

The more I think about it, that is quite a display of confidence in the ICT board that OFW has displayed.  To rejoin a managerless club, at this stage of the season, leads me to think that quite an incentive must have been offered.  Maybe a chunk of the Euro 2016 money will be going straight to OFW.  I have no problem if that is the case, as we would not have got it anyway if he had not re-signed.  As I said earlier, good man Owain.  Let us hope that his example spurs on a few more to put pen to paper!

• Agree 2

Brilliant news. A few more bits like this and we can start re-buying our season tickets with more confidence. Owain is a really decent guy and good goal keeper which is bad news for Deano. Unless Ryan becomes Richie's assistant then Deano will be moving on. He might be an outstanding signing for a team like Dundee United or even Hamilton. Last year before his injury he was one of the best keepers in the SPFL. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, standbydave said:

Great to have OFW for next 3 years, that is commitment from a guy who just loves it in the Highlands plus we will have a man at the Euros!

...and who, unlike the last player we had at the Euros, isn't earning at least five times as much as any of his team mates...

Has it been confirmed yet that Mutombo and Roberts have left the building?  The only players talked about in the press left that I can think of who have yet to sign deals on the table are Vigurs and Devine.

Although there's no official word on Roberts I found this article from the official site when we signed him 

"Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC is delighted to have completed the signing of 21 year old, former Aldershot Town FC player, Jordan Roberts, on a 1 year deal with a 1 year option for the club…subject to international clearance."

This suggests that we potentially have him under contract if we want him.

9 minutes ago, Libero said:

Although there's no official word on Roberts I found this article from the official site when we signed him 

"Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC is delighted to have completed the signing of 21 year old, former Aldershot Town FC player, Jordan Roberts, on a 1 year deal with a 1 year option for the club…subject to international clearance."

This suggests that we potentially have him under contract if we want him.

Would like to think you're right, but not sure how much "options" on contracts are actually worth. Still, if it means we have first dibs, then let's get on with it, assuming he's interested!

4 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

Would like to think you're right, but not sure how much "options" on contracts are actually worth. Still, if it means we have first dibs, then let's get on with it, assuming he's interested!

Unless the player wants to sign for the 'option' year he can't be compelled to. The so called option is not worth the paper it's written on and I fail to understand why our club use them.

I'm really sorry to hear that Dean has gone. He was fantastic for us, and I'm sure he would have continued to be if not for his injury. I hoped that there would have been a way to keep both keepers. Good Luck Deano and thanks for the memories.

• Agree 4

Really hope Roberts has been offered a new deal. He's shown some really good attacking play when he's been in the side, scored some good goals and hasn't been afraid to get stuck in and put in a few tackles to win the ball back (see the Partick game for example). A rare bright spark in terms of the signings Hughes made.