Contract Situation

Sneckboy

36 minutes ago, Gavroche said:

It's raining new contracts ! Iain Vigurs has signed a new two year deal. http://ictfc.com/news/team-news/1767-iain-vigurs-2-year-deal

Quite a turnaround for Iain. Without a club, turning out in the Highland League an option, training at DW Sports under the noses of ICT players, crisis at ICT, come back Iain all is forgiven.  I think he had a nervy start but latterly has played some outstanding football. With Danny Williams away, his left foot is a key part of our team building. Well done to club and Iain. 

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

You're missing Foran, plus the 3 lads making the step up from U20's.......Ali Sutherland, Jason Brown & Cammy Mackay.

That leaves us one short of a starting XI and Full Bench

Maybe he's assuming Foran will be in the dugout....

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

You're missing Foran, plus the 3 lads making the step up from U20's.......Ali Sutherland, Jason Brown & Cammy Mackay.

That leaves us one short of a starting XI and Full Bench

Yeah so i am even better 

Hopefully Devine, Mutumbo and Roberts sign their extensions (if indeed they've been offered in the case of the later two) and it's not quite all doom and gloom and would give a good balance to the squad.

Just need a couple of decent strikers in and you never know.

However infuriating I found Vigurs performances to be at times, I'm glad he's signed a new contract and gives much needed stability on the left and in the middle, came onto a game at the back end of the season. Hopefully the next manager can get more consistency from him.

Edited by MrCaleyjag
  • Agree 1

First post maybe my last i dont want Foran as our next manager no experience no Panache hides under a car no thank you i know youll slaughter me for saying this but its my view...im not very. good at punctuation so please  forgive any errors. What we need is the likes of Pele back with a young forward looking coach.In fact id take Pele back as he knows our budget. great football under him.Look at the gems he plucked from the Highland League.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

51 minutes ago, JoFrAl said:

First post maybe my last i dont want Foran as our next manager no experience no Panache hides under a car no thank you i know youll slaughter me for saying this but its my view...im not very. good at punctuation so please  forgive any errors. What we need is the likes of Pele back with a young forward looking coach.In fact id take Pele back as he knows our budget. great football under him.Look at the gems he plucked from the Highland League.

I get what you're saying Re Foran but Pele?! Think that ship has sailed a while back. 

He's a club legend and I'd like to remember him that way. 

Besides is hiding under a car any worse than missing games with a hangover? I believe Pele has worked hard to bring his demons under control, as I can imagine Foran has learned from previous errors of judgement. 

As for contract signings. Great to see Vigurs has signed on. Always liked him as a player. Reminds me of myself. Cultured left foot and not incredibly quick. :lol:

Would like to get Roberts back and see what he's like fully fit. 

• Agree 1

We always use to offer the players one year deals now we are offering two and three year deals. Was it the manager offering the one year deals?? i guess the board have done fon williams and vigurs ones

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, JoFrAl said:

The mix of one, two and three year deals is surely the way to go together with more effective efforts to extend contracts well before they expire. We can't afford to have so many of the first team squad out of contract at the same time again.

Edited by Kingsmills

1 hour ago, JoFrAl said:

I'm not going to slaughter you everyone is entitled to an opinion,

but what does hiding under a car got to do with football ?

Getting personal is not the way to go about making your feelings felt.

Edited by izzy
  • Agree 1

Was it my imagination (or wishful thinking) that there were 2 new pre contract signings to be announced . If it was PCA' s why have we to wait until their contracts expire before we announce who they are. 

Is Fisher signed? Are the PCA' s Billy Mackay and Ed Ofere - more questions than answers so  roll on 1 st of July when traditionally the English contracts terminate unlike Scotland which is end of May 

It's good to see Vigurs signed up.  3rd highest scorer last season with 6 and some very important and composed finishes amongst those.  In Vigurs, Draper, Tansey and Polworth we have some very combative mid-fielders who can all score goals.  I would love to see Doran pulling defences this way and that with Tremarco and Raven rampaging down the flanks and laying balls back for our on-rushing mid-fielders.  Forget Barcelona.  With the players we have we should be looking to emulate West Germany and their demolition of Brazil.  We do, however, need an instinctive striker up-front in the Billy Mckay mould (Billy himself would be good!).  And Fisher may well prove to be a useful target man giving us lots of attacking options.  I see the makings of a really exciting counter attacking side taking shape.

Acknowledgement:  The above analysis was suggested to me earlier today by a 7 year old boy.

• Agree 8

Pleased to see Vigurs retained. He took some stick, particularly early in the season, when he was clearly playing when not match fit. He chipped in with a good few goals, and when we were struggling always seemed to be motivated.

If Devine, Mutombo and Roberts do stay, we have kept a good nucleus of the squad together, and two or three new signings will probably do it, hopefully including a couple of strikers, although we have still to see what Fisher can do.

i still think the new season will be tough, but at least things are looking more promising.

Hopefully we find a Manager soon, and all the players get a good pre-season so we hit the ground running.

Time will tell!

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

It was announced that there were two pre-contracts being worked on, not that they had been completed....that's still the case.

I think the point is that the statement explicitly said that pre-contract agreements with "at least 2 incoming players" would be finalised within the "next couple of weeks" - and that was 4 weeks ago.  This suggests that negotiations are not going as well as expected.  Perhaps better if the Board asked CaleyD to word their statements.  Saying contracts are being "worked on" without giving any suggestion of when completion is expected makes it easier for any follow up statement. 

8 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

I think the point is that the statement explicitly said that pre-contract agreements with "at least 2 incoming players" would be finalised within the "next couple of weeks" - and that was 4 weeks ago.  This suggests that negotiations are not going as well as expected.  Perhaps better if the Board asked CaleyD to word their statements.  Saying contracts are being "worked on" without giving any suggestion of when completion is expected makes it easier for any follow up statement. 

However, since the board made that statement, the clubs management structure has changed somewhat. This could have had an effect on discussions. And we all must know by now how much of a stumbling block agents can be to progress.

13 minutes ago, Robert said:

Pleased to see Vigurs retained. He took some stick, particularly early in the season, when he was clearly playing when not match fit. He chipped in with a good few goals, and when we were struggling always seemed to be motivated.

If Devine, Mutombo and Roberts do stay, we have kept a good nucleus of the squad together, and two or three new signings will probably do it, hopefully including a couple of strikers, although we have still to see what Fisher can do.

i still think the new season will be tough, but at least things are looking more promising.

Hopefully we find a Manager soon, and all the players get a good pre-season so we hit the ground running.

Time will tell!

I would like to see all those 3 signed up for different reasons.  Devine has been an important player for us this season and regardless of the Raven issue, we absolutely need cover in defence.  Devine is still young and could well mature into a very fine player.

Mutombo is a bit of a maverick player.  There is no doubt that he can be exciting to watch but sometimes he flatters to deceive.  There is certainly potential there and if the new manager can harness his talents more effectively then he could turn out to be a great signing.

I haven't seen much of Roberts but he clearly has a lot of quality and is capable of scoring goals out of the top drawer.  I would like to see him given a chance.  I'm not convinced he is really suited to the Hughes style of play but I do think he can fit in with well with a style which better suits the players we currently have signed.  He could well be Yogi's stand out signing.

• Agree 2

I would also like to see Devine, Mutombo and Roberts sign for the same reasons as DD above and glad Vigers signed today, although not the best at times he is a player you would rather have in your team than playing against you.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

The club did follow up on the original statement saying that they remained a work in progress....

http://ictfc.com/news/team-news/1757-fan-update-player-contracts

....and then again to acknowledge fans being patient on the matter....

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1763-managerial-players-situation

When dates/timescales were given, it was with intention of having things complete by then.  However, as mentioned  by someone already, other stuff has come into play since the original statement...whilst these may have caused delay, it's not necessarily resulted in anything "not going as well as expected".

It also works the other way occasionally.  The club managed to get the David Raven news out only 45 minutes after the statement asking fans to be patient.  That happened because stuff went through quicker than expected.