Contract Situation

Sneckboy

I just love coming on here.

It's my daily uplift and  I always know that I will, more frequently than not, continue to experience  the humour that some people have on this site. Sometimes I roll around in my chair when I read some of the posts as they keep me chuckling for a few minutes. ....as in the previous thread.

I see we are attracting more younger posters and want to welcome you-all  warmly. You can't find a better footie site anywhere  so slide in with your comments and enjoy  every word you read as you learn the ins and outs.

Bye, and good luck to all of us for the upcoming season -- the fans, the club, the players, the staff ;  AND the management who are changing as well. The statements made by KC on the main website do appear to show how  much they now realise the importance of our very engaged fans and supporters to the operation and the fact that we do feel a need to support their efforts. And the fact that they are reporting to us expansively also shows a new camaraderie of spirit and  the need to support every positive move the club makes. 

:ictscarf::wave:Frankly, I've got a healthy and upbeat feeling about season 2016-2017  ...how about you?

• Agree 2

I know he is not everyone's cup of tea and he had shaky moments, but I felt he grew in stature and form as the season progressed, and we did have one of the best defensive records in the league.

I hope he stays as we need more than four defenders we can depend on, and injuries and suspensions are inevitable with defenders.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

If it's down to money, I doubt if we could compete with the likes of Colchester

And they have just been relegated to the fourth tier of English football. Shows the difference in money between the two leagues!

52 minutes ago, Robert said:

I hope he stays as we need more than four defenders we can depend on, and injuries and suspensions are inevitable with defenders.

We'll just bring in someone else, though, hopefully someone better!

• Agree 1

I do hope Devine's decision to consider other options is not driven by comments from fans on this forum.  A small number of folk have been pretty harsh on him.  And in defending Raven against the appalling treatment by our ex manager, many folk talked Raven up by talking Devine down.  But it's not a question of Raven or Devine - we need them both.  For all the difficulties we have had this season, our defensive record has been good and Devine has started more games than any other outfield player.  So he really can't have done too bad, can he?  Sure, he has made a mistake or two but who hasn't?

Personally I would rather see Meekings in the CB role with Warren although to be honest, there's not a lot in it.  But regardless of the pecking order, we need defensive cover and what with injuries and suspensions Devine would be assured of a lot of game time next season even if he wasn't the new manager's first choice.  He is also a lot younger than both Raven and Warren and could easily develop into a player who would be a first choice CB for many years.  I think Devine has a good career in front of him and I would love it to be with ICT.

• Agree 12

I agree entirely DD but he is a young player and there is always the chance to earn more money.  I don't think he would pay to much attention to what is said on the forum.

Seeing that the Courier only updated their article to report on the Colchester interest after it appeared on here, I think this forum is watched quite closely, and I am sure many players are well aware of what is being said.

DD has hit the nail on the head, I agree fully. 

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

I do hope Devine's decision to consider other options is not driven by comments from fans on this forum.

Unlikely, the vast majority of footballers' decisions are driven by money.  And anyway, I'm sure he will fully expect that Colchester also have fans forums where his mistakes will be criticised.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, DoofersDad said:

Oh Danny boy, the Caley fans are calling

From glen to glen, and from the high Cairngorms

The gaffer's gone, and all your mates are staying

Tis you, tis you must sign your contract forms.

Good one DD :smile:

6 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Oh Danny boy, the Caley fans are calling

From glen to glen, and from the high Cairngorms

The gaffer's gone, and all your mates are staying

Tis you, tis you must sign your contract forms.

Never thought I would read Danny Boy on here!

Nice one!

3 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

a nice wee financial boost for the club.

....which would have been reflected in the signing on fee, wages or even a special bonus that would no doubt have been built in to OFW's contract! And rightly so.

I wonder if Devine is considering whether he wants to stay now that Raven is back. You'd imagine that Foran would also want to play with a CB pairing of Meekings and Warren thus relegating Devine to a sub at a time he will be wanting to play week in week out so he might decide to explore pastures new.

Still hoping that Roberts will be retained although the rumour suggests that this won't happen.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 0:06 PM, Sneckboy said:

Update:
Since the last list, I've noticed that U20 player Chris Blackett is on loan at Forres Mechanics.
And today, it appears that there's to be no contract extension for David Raven. Not confirmed officially, but there are quotes attributed to Raven - so I'm going with it. Would be delighted to edit his contract status here, if anything changes - but not holding my breath.

Signed until the end of season (2018-19):
• Gary Warren
• Ross Draper

Signed until the end of season (2017-18):
• John Hughes - Manager
• Brian Rice - Assistant Manager

• Ryan Esson

Signed until the end of next season (2016-17):

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings
• Carl Tremarco

Signed until the end of this season (2015-16):

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams (Pre-contract signing for Dundee)

• James Vincent (Pre-contract signing for Dundee)

• David Raven (not being retained)

• Danny Devine

• Ali Sutherland (on loan at Brora Rangers)

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Calum Ferguson

• Cammy Mackay

• Nat Wedderburn

• Jordan Roberts

• Owain Fon Williams

• Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo

• Iain Vigurs
• Alex Fisher
• Ryan Williams
• Liam Hughes

On loan until the end of this season (2015-16):
• Miles Storey (from Swindon Town)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Development Squad players available for this season (2015-16):

• Calum Howarth

• Jason Brown  

• Jaime Wilson  

• Kane Hull (on loan at Fort William)

• Struan McArthur 

• Blair MacLennan 

• Chris Brown

• Stephen Rennie (on loan at Fort William)

• Chris Blackett (on loan at Forres Mechanics)

• Daniel Hoban (goalkeeper - on loan at Strathspey Thistle) 

• Alasdair Stark  

• Andrew Macrae

• Cameron Gilchrist

Has anyone - Sneckboy - had the chance to bring this list up-to-date? Looking a good bit healthier now I'd think, even though some ??marks and gaps still.

Edited by ictfcsince94
  • Agree 1

On 10/06/2016 at 1:11 PM, ictfcsince94 said:

Has anyone - Sneckboy - had the chance to bring this list up-to-date? Looking a good bit healthier now I'd think, even though some ??marks and gaps still.

I'll give it a go, though I've no issue with anyone correcting any errors :lol: Here goes...

On Summary a squad currently consisting of 17 players with offers out for a potential 4 others.
3 Gk (including Esson)

2 RB, 1 LB, 2 CB, 3 MF, 4 AMF, 2 ST

Signed until the end  of season (2019-20)

• Richie Foran – Manager

Signed until the end of season (2018-19):

• Gary Warren

• Ross Draper

• Owain Fon Williams

• Liam Polworth

·  Scott Boden (NEW)

Signed until the end of season (2017-18):

• John Hughes – Manager (Took the huff)

• Brian Rice - Assistant Manager (?)

• Ryan Esson – Gk coach/ player

• Aaron Doran

• David Raven (not being retained)

• Iain Vigurs

Signed until the end of next season (2016-17):

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

• Carl Tremarco

• Lewis Horner

• Ali Sutherland (new deal length not specified)

• Cammy Mackay (new deal length not specified)

·  Jason Brown (new deal length not specified)

Signed until January 2017:

• Alex Fisher

Awaiting News:

• Danny Devine (offered new contract)

• Jordan Roberts (?)

• Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo (?)

• Ryan Williams (Offered new contract?)

Departing:

• Miles Storey (from Swindon Town) – Et Tu, et tu :wink:

• Liam Hughes (Joined Barrow)

• Nat Wedderburn (Signed for Dunfermline)

• Calum Ferguson (Not offered new deal)

• Dean Brill (Not offered new deal)

• Danny Williams (Pre-contract signing for Dundee)

• James Vincent (Pre-contract signing for Dundee)

U20’s squad additions:

Stephen Foster,  Ryan McRitchie, Liam MacDonald and Keir Smith.

• Agree 2

Ideally based on the squad we have we can -
keep Roberts, or sign another left sided midfielder.
Keep Devine or sign another centre half.
Retain Mutombo or sign another creative player in that ilk.
And keep Williams and then we've got enough midfielders in there. 

In addition to this I'd like another winger. Or ideally someone who can cover the whole left side with a little pace.

And maybe another young pacey forward...but I hope Ali Sutherland can maybe fill that role. Though I've never seen him play so no ideal how fast he actually is :lol:

8 minutes ago, ubern said:

Jordan Roberts has just confirmed via twitter that he is away

That's a shame.  He was the one Hughes signing who looked as if he could be a real find.  There was clearly some real quality about him although he spent most of his time with us injured.  He might have been a bit too much of a risk.  It would be interesting to know if he was offered a new contract.