Contract Situation

Sneckboy

It s a shame about Roberts leaving us, he was the nearest we had to an opportunist scorer and was developing that way throughout his stay.

It certainly would be interesting to know if it was solely his decision, if not can we expect a replacement of considerable potential arriving on the scene?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ubern said:

Jordan Roberts has just confirmed via twitter that he is away

That's a shame. Really rated him the times he played for us. Wish him all the best for the future

When are we going to get some confirmation about who's being retained? 

I'd have liked to have seen Roberts give another season. He definitely had ability and was one of the few players we've had over the last few years who looked so dangerous from range. Has it been confirmed yet by the way that Ferguson has gone?

2 hours ago, Renegade said:

When are we going to get some confirmation about who's being retained? 

I'd have liked to have seen Roberts give another season. He definitely had ability and was one of the few players we've had over the last few years who looked so dangerous from range. Has it been confirmed yet by the way that Ferguson has gone?

Probably when folks get back from their hols

12 hours ago, ubern said:

Jordan Roberts has just confirmed via twitter that he is away

Swindon Advertiser announced today that after an injury-hit season, Jordan Roberts has joined Highworth Town - but it appears to be a different Jordan Roberts!

1 hour ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have released Jordan Roberts after the Scottish Premiership club decided against taking up the option of extending the 22-year-old midfielder's contract by another year. (Daily Express, print edition)

RF obviously didn't consider him value for money. A strategy I have absolutely no problem with.:ictscarf:

3 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Northern Irish defender Danny Devine hopes to decide by Monday whether he is remaining with Inverness Caledonian Thistle after the Scottish Premiership club offered the 23-year-old a new contract. (Daily Record, print editio

Personally, I'm not that bothered as he will hopefully be only a squad player when Josh moves back into the middle.

Roberts definitely showed flashes of potential. Think his release is probably down to injury concerns, or possibly attitude rather than ability. Players should be judged for their net contribution over an entire season. Sadly Roberts impressive snowing were few and far between. We need value for money. 

• Agree 1

Ah well....

I'm sure plenty of people on here will be glad to see the back of him.  I thought he was coming on quite well, and his goals were handy too, but he probably feels he can get a start somewhere else, whereas here, he's likely to be a squad player this coming season.  Hopefully we can pick up some cheap cover for the defence.... 

I don't understand this statement though, how come there was no official word on Mutumbo and Williams before this. I for one wont miss Devine, but I did think Mutumbo was worth holding onto. Bit concerned at the current list of Departures and Arrivals

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

Bit concerned at the current list of Departures and Arrivals

this was always going to be the case when trimming down the squad to more efficient numbers.  it is quite jarring, although as long as we have adequate cover for suspensions and fatigue I think we'll be fine.  should a similar situation occur as it did this year, with major injuries across the board, I'm sure the board will have contingencies in place yet again to provide 'emergency cover'.

now....to increase the footfall at TCS and increase the budget moving forward.....

• Agree 1

i personally think Devine could be a big miss, we now have NO cover in centre back, yes we can use Draper but we will then miss him in Midfield. 

• Agree 2

FROM THE SUN ONLINE

Inverness want Ojamaa

16/08/14 MOTHERWELL V INVERNESS CT-HENRIK OJAMA

Keith Campbell

RICHIE FORAN hopes Henrik Ojamaa will snub Australia for Inverness.

SunSport understands the new Caley Thistle boss is keen to add the former Motherwell hitman to his squad.

But sources Down Under claim A League outfit Sydney FC are ready to offer the 25-year-old a bumper deal.

Ojamaa is a free agent after leaving Austrian second tier side Wacker Innsbruck.

• Agree 1