Contract Situation

Sneckboy

Does anyone have a source to back Watkins being tied dow beyond this season? I get a feeling he is only contracted to summer 2014...my bad if hes got a longer deal.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/marley-watkins/profil/spieler_91315.html

:smile:

Cheers Sneckboy. Genuinely wasnt sure about that one. Glad he is tied down to a longer deal.

Does anyone have a source to back Watkins being tied dow beyond this season? I get a feeling he is only contracted to summer 2014...my bad if hes got a longer deal.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/marley-watkins/profil/spieler_91315.html

:smile:

Cheers Sneckboy. Genuinely wasnt sure about that one. Glad he is tied down to a longer deal.

Bet Butcher is kicking himself now that Marley's on a longer deal! 

• 2 weeks later...

Current situation following Vincent's contract extension:

Signed up until the end of season 2016-17:

• Richie Foran

Signed up until the end of season 2015-16:

• John Hughes - Manager

• Russell Latapy - Assistant Manager

• Aaron Doran

• Carl Tremarco

• Danny Williams

• Dean Brill

• Ryan Esson

• James Vincent

Signed up until the end of next season (2014-15):

• Greg Tansey

• Daniel Devine

• Graeme Shinnie

• Nick Ross

• Marley Watkins

• Gary Warren

• David Raven

• Josh Meekings

• Billy McKay

• Ryan Christie

• Liam Polworth

Signed up until the end of this season (2013-14):

• Jason Brown

• Joe Gorman

• Cammy Mackay

• Matt Cooper

• Ali Sutherland

• Conor Pepper

• Calum Howarth

• Jay Cheyne

• Ben Greenhalgh

• Nick Draper

• Calum Ferguson (On loan at Montrose until end of this season)

• Ross Draper

• Adam Evans

Not too fussed about Greenhalgh, he can be easily replaced.

Draper needs to get sorted asap and that will leave our midfield looking as strong as it has been in years.

Not too fussed about Greenhalgh, he can be easily replaced.

Draper needs to get sorted asap and that will leave our midfield looking as strong as it has been in years.

Agree with this AJS. I think that Ross Draper should be our main priority and from what I heard I think he will be signing a contract soon. 

Ben Greenhalgh I would like to stay with us for a least another year and maybe put him out on loan for the first half of next season so that he gains first team experience and toughen him up for the level above because I find that he is a bit too lightweight for the league. 

Conor Pepper, Matthew Cooper, Adam Evans, Cameron Mackay are ones I would like us to hold onto and I regularly watch the home games of U20 so my opinion is based on that. 

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely fantastic news! Team is now set. Well done to the board for getting this sorted.

Will be a refreshingly quiet summer I think. Striker and maybe a winger of sorts over the summer and I think we should be fine. 

Absolutely fantastic news! Team is now set. Well done to the board for getting this sorted.

Will be a refreshingly quiet summer I think. Striker and maybe a winger of sorts over the summer and I think we should be fine. 

Also if we are to let players go, we could actually get money for them? WHAT IS THIS?! 

Think I'm right in saying that  everyone who's made a first team appearance this season is signed up for next season, apart from Ben Greenhalgh and Adam Evans.  Conor Pepper, Joe Gorman and Matthew Cooper have all been in the squad but haven't played and are not yet signed up.

Think we should be looking at offering Ryan Christie a Jim McLean-esque 10 year deal next to be honest!

Christie we must keep. Evans, Pepper and Cooper I'd be happy to see stay. Not too bothered about Greenhalgh, he's never going to establish himself. 

My thoughts on Christie: Sign him up for 2 or 3 years, then send him to a Championship team on loan with the condition to have him started when fit. Take him back after a season and he might have our own Stevie May.