Contract Situation

Sneckboy

Heard today we have a gent on trial from Ivory Coast?

Pretty sure that trialists cannot play in competitive matches only U20s and friendlies. If we have someone new involved today then I would imagine they would be signed up with us which could be possible as I recall us announcing the signing of Lewis Horner after the Hamilton game this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Signed up until the end of season 2016-17:

• Gary Warren

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

Signed up until the end of next season (2015-16):

• John Hughes - Manager

• Russell Latapy - Assistant Manager

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Ryan Esson

• Ryan Christie

• Carl Tremarco

• Ross Draper

• James Vincent

Signed up until the end of this season (2014-15):

• Daniel Devine

Graeme Shinnie (going to Aberdeen)

• Nick Ross

• Marley Watkins

• David Raven

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Edward Ofere

• Jaime Wilson (Development Squad) 

• Kane Hull (Development Squad) 

• Jason Brown (Development Squad) 

• Struan McArthur (Development Squad) 

• Blair MacLennan (Development Squad) 

• Calum Howarth (Development Squad)

• Chris Brown (Development Squad) 

• Ali Sutherland (Development Squad)

• Stephen Rennie (Development Squad) 

• Cammy Mackay (goalkeeper) (Development Squad)

• Chris Blackett (Development Squad) 

• Daniel Hoban (goalkeeper) (Development Squad) 

• Calum Ferguson (Development Squad)

• Ryan Baptie (Development Squad)

Reading in tomorrow's edition of highland news that 5 players close to signing new deals with the club: Marley Watkins, David Raven, Danny Devine, Liam Polworth and Lewis Horner

Well Raven has said he wanted to sign so why he not be close, also nicky ross is close to signing a new deal aswell 

Great news there if thats all true. Any criticism aimed due to not replacing billy quick enough should be cancelled by that fantastic work securing 2 established first team players and such good squad and future prospects. Excited for this to come through officially.

Very pleased that it looks like Raven and Watkins are sticking around and pleased that Devine could be as well.  I'm surprised Polworth and Horner are being retained though.  Presumably Hughes has one eye on Europe and thus the likelihood of needing a bigger squad.

Very pleased that it looks like Raven and Watkins are sticking around and pleased that Devine could be as well.  I'm surprised Polworth and Horner are being retained though.  Presumably Hughes has one eye on Europe and thus the likelihood of needing a bigger squad.

Maybe the general consensus is that Richie Foran won't be back soon and having Polworth and Horner would be decent enough to come into the squad if Richie is unavailable but also as you say squad depth is quite important too for european football.

Reading in tomorrow's edition of highland news that 5 players close to signing new deals with the club: Marley Watkins, David Raven, Danny Devine, Liam Polworth and Lewis Horner

If we secure Raven and Watkins then we are well set for next season but I prefer to have Nick Ross aboard as well.That would just leave us short of a recocognised striker and who knows Ofere may be that man.

Maybe the general consensus is that Richie Foran won't be back soon and having Polworth and Horner would be decent enough to come into the squad if Richie is unavailable but also as you say squad depth is quite important too for european football.

I wonder if it suggests that talks with Nick Ross have stalled.  He was going to be the next one to open talks seemingly and doesn't appear on the list.  It could possibly give credence to the rumour that James Vincent would be leaving at the end of the season as well.