Contract Situation

Sneckboy

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't see the wisdom in offering Pepper a new deal as I don't see what he brings to the team.

If you watch U20 games you would be saying the complete opposite. When Conor started with us he was pretty much a winger/striker, scored a late equaliser vs Hearts and scored a peach vs Hibernian. Admittedly he hasn't really been given much of a chance since. I have taken a fair bit of time watching u20s home games and this season Conor has been playing at right back. The word for me that sums him up is 'versatility'. His performances at right back have been really good and he has the pace to go forward but also the pace to come back to defend. Right back was a position I was worried about due to the lack of cover but the reality is now we have Conor Pepper and Graeme Shinnie that can fill in at right back, so that in itself should hopefully warrant Conor Pepper a new deal.

Edited by ICTRoughi
  • Agree 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned somewhere else but 8 players have been given under 20 contracts from the under 17s. Also Calum Ferguson has been given a one year contract while Jay Cheyne and Callum Holwarth have been released. Adam Evans, Joe Gorman, Nick Draper, Conor Pepper and Ben Greenhalgh are to find out next week about their fate

• Agree 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned somewhere else but 8 players have been given under 20 contracts from the under 17s. Also Calum Ferguson has been given a one year contract while Jay Cheyne and Callum Holwarth have been released. Adam Evans, Joe Gorman, Nick Draper, Conor Pepper and Ben Greenhalgh are to find out next week about their fate

I am disappointed in truth if Howarth is being let go. Jay Cheyne I can understand, I can't remember the last game he played. 

I am disappointed in truth if Howarth is being let go. Jay Cheyne I can understand, I can't remember the last game he played. 

He tweeted the same day all the U17's got a new deal that it was the worst day of his life so i'm guessing he got released 

He tweeted the same day all the U17's got a new deal that it was the worst day of his life so i'm guessing he got released 

Absolutely gutted for the lad. Should have been here next year. 

Absolutely gutted for the lad. Should have been here next year. 

He was still eligible for another few seasons cause he's turning 18 soon 

Edited by caleydawson

I spoke to Ferguson and he informed me he was given an extension, Howarth and Cheyne were released and he said it was harsh on Howarth as he had another year still on his contract. He said it was probably because a lot of the u17s promoted were defenders

He also said that

Ben, Adam, Nick, Joe, Conor and Coops find out next week

He was unsure about Jason Brown, Mackay and Sutherland but says he thinks (along with Howarth) that they were on longer deals and should stay, but Jason hasnt been in for a while so he is unsure whether Jason will stay along with Mackay and Sutherland kr leave like Howarth

He also reckons Adam Evans should get one

If Mackay stays, Draper would really have to leave as Hobban has been given an U20 contract

I'd be happier to see MacKay stay in all honesty but I would be interested to see what Draper could offer.

I spoke to Ferguson and he informed me he was given an extension, Howarth and Cheyne were released and he said it was harsh on Howarth as he had another year still on his contract. He said it was probably because a lot of the u17s promoted were defenders

Who are you 'playing' for now?

• Agree 2

Ben, Adam, Nick, Joe, Conor and Coops find out next week

I know Ben is gone, Nick Draper will be too old to play in under 20's next year so he will probably be getting binned, adam evans will also be too old, Coops might be too old depends on what the cut of point is for D.O.B, Connor i reckon is getting a new deal very good at RB the times i have seen him and is great cover for David Raven and in other positions if needed 

Edited by caleydawson

Evans will probably be offered a new deal I'd have thought.  Hughes says he rated him a while back and the fact that he's getting on the bench ahead of the likes of Ferguson (put out on loan and given a new deal), suggests he'd like him to stick around.  Hope so too, he's a good player.

I'd like to see Ben Greenhalgh stay as well.  There's something that him that I think with another year could see him turn into a right good player.

Edited by Renegade

Noone you sad obsessed geek.

If you want to ask anything about my life I think it would be appropriate to do so in a private message rather than try and look for attention on a thread about new contracts

Noone you sad obsessed geek.

:laugh:

Edited by Renegade

Who are you 'playing' for now? Noone you sad obsessed geek.

:laugh:

That's what I thought

Edited by Rival

I really don't see the wisdom in offering Pepper a new deal as I don't see what he brings to the team.

If you watch U20 games you would be saying the complete opposite. When Conor started with us he was pretty much a winger/striker, scored a late equaliser vs Hearts and scored a peach vs Hibernian. Admittedly he hasn't really been given much of a chance since. I have taken a fair bit of time watching u20s home games and this season Conor has been playing at right back. The word for me that sums him up is 'versatility'. His performances at right back have been really good and he has the pace to go forward but also the pace to come back to defend. Right back was a position I was worried about due to the lack of cover but the reality is now we have Conor Pepper and Graeme Shinnie that can fill in at right back, so that in itself should hopefully warrant Conor Pepper a new 

Sorry, but he has taken too long to break through to FIRST team level so management must have doubts about him. If we are talking U20 football, he is probably far too expensive and the CLUB will get better value with younger prospects. 

If you watch U20 games you would be saying the complete opposite. When Conor started with us he was pretty much a winger/striker, scored a late equaliser vs Hearts and scored a peach vs Hibernian. Admittedly he hasn't really been given much of a chance since. I have taken a fair bit of time watching u20s home games and this season Conor has been playing at right back. The word for me that sums him up is 'versatility'. His performances at right back have been really good and he has the pace to go forward but also the pace to come back to defend. Right back was a position I was worried about due to the lack of cover but the reality is now we have Conor Pepper and Graeme Shinnie that can fill in at right back, so that in itself should hopefully warrant Conor Pepper a new Sorry, but he has taken too long to break through to FIRST team level so management must have doubts about him. If we are talking U20 football, he is probably far too expensive and the CLUB will get better value with younger prospects.

When you have the likes of Marley Watkins and Aaron Doran performing really well, would you really fancy your chances getting a look in? As I have already stated he has not been given a decent enough chance in the first team and when he did under Terry Butcher he scored vs Hearts and Hibs.

I don't think Conor will be expensive for the club. I personally would sign him up for a couple seasons and send him out on loan because I feel that he is good enough to play for ICT but we have too much competition for places. As I have said in another thread if anything he would be a decent back up for David Raven.

If you watch U20 games you would be saying the complete opposite. When Conor started with us he was pretty much a winger/striker, scored a late equaliser vs Hearts and scored a peach vs Hibernian. Admittedly he hasn't really been given much of a chance since. I have taken a fair bit of time watching u20s home games and this season Conor has been playing at right back. The word for me that sums him up is 'versatility'. His performances at right back have been really good and he has the pace to go forward but also the pace to come back to defend. Right back was a position I was worried about due to the lack of cover but the reality is now we have Conor Pepper and Graeme Shinnie that can fill in at right back, so that in itself should hopefully warrant Conor Pepper a new Sorry, but he has taken too long to break through to FIRST team level so management must have doubts about him. If we are talking U20 football, he is probably far too expensive and the CLUB will get better value with younger prospects.

When you have the likes of Marley Watkins and Aaron Doran performing really well, would you really fancy your chances getting a look in? As I have already stated he has not been given a decent enough chance in the first team and when he did under Terry Butcher he scored vs Hearts and Hibs.

I don't think Conor will be expensive for the club. I personally would sign him up for a couple seasons and send him out on loan because I feel that he is good enough to play for ICT but we have too much competition for places. As I have said in another thread if anything he would be a decent back up for David Raven.

Both those players have been out at some point yet Conor still didn't get the nod.

Both those players have been out at some point yet Conor still didn't get the nod.

Bearing in mind he did get injured in an U20 match vs Rangers back in March and if I recall Doran was injured at the same time and Yogi changed the shape of the team and even Watkins was on the bench.

Same could be said for Nick Ross, he hasn't been getting the nod.