CJT cup semi final statement

davie

The logical choice for a ground in the middle was Tannadice or Pitodrie. Once again we have to beat the odds. Referees stop games because of health and safety concerns. Getting our supporters down at that time has potentially significant concerns. I can see our club having to invest in some 'special' trains. Luckily Alex Salmond is a Hearts supporter and will wish to see fair play here.

The timing of the match and blatent disregard for the location and travelling requirements for our fans for what is a hugely important game shows nothing but ignorance & by the authorities to smaller (provincial) clubs. In a competition where 3 of the semi-final clubs are outwith the central belt, it shows that this is considered irrelevant when defining times & location - hopefully the combined stance from the club & fans groups will be listened to however I fear that this is more driven by the corporate suit brigade then what real fans think.

Happy with the date as I can make it now but the kick off time is a disgrace.  I can't think of a league cup semi that the BBC has broadcast live having a 1215 kick off?  Certainly 1400 and 1500 but never 1215.  Has that got something to do with the fact normally the semi involves the old filth?  There is no logical reason for this and a good explanation is needed.  As it is the SPFL however, there will be no logic!

• Agree 1

Support from us from Michael Gannon in the Record.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-gannon-spfl-scored-stunning-2786628

"The early kick-off slot was always going to be a stinker for someone, with either Aberdeen or Caley Thistle the most likely to take the hit.

But it looks like the easy option to land it on the Highlanders. Ach, they don’t have as many fans as the others so the complaints won’t be as loud.

As usual, it’s the little guy that gets it. This is the second year in a row they’ve been given the bum deal."

The only logical solution in my eyes is to catch a coach or train down on the Saturday. Have a night out on the tiles in Edinburgh then go to the game on Sunday utterly hungover and possible food poisoning from an Easter Road pie you've bought in an attempt to soak up the previous evenings debauchery. 

Cannot believe the decision to do this two years on the trot. The 'neutral' venue is bad enough for a game against Hearts but the kick off time takes the biscuit. It is the same old **** from a supposedly revamped spfl. Same guys in charge = same problems and same old carry on.

Happy with the date as I can make it now but the kick off time is a disgrace.  I can't think of a league cup semi that the BBC has broadcast live having a 1215 kick off?  Certainly 1400 and 1500 but never 1215.  Has that got something to do with the fact normally the semi involves the old filth?  

Reason given on Sportsound last night was that the BBC are also covering a 6 nations game live the same day. Certianly doesn't excuse the venue, though; and does it really have to be quite as early as 12.15?

Happy with the date as I can make it now but the kick off time is a disgrace.  I can't think of a league cup semi that the BBC has broadcast live having a 1215 kick off?  Certainly 1400 and 1500 but never 1215.  Has that got something to do with the fact normally the semi involves the old filth?

Reason given on Sportsound last night was that the BBC are also covering a 6 nations game live the same day. Certianly doesn't excuse the venue, though; and does it really have to be quite as early as 12.15?

They also have more than one channel.....

• Agree 2

Or keep 12.15 ko but change venue to tannadice, half way for both teams. But ye an absolute disgrace and complete disregard for us!

On speaking to folk most folk not too bothered or prepared to accept venue. It's the early ko that's the real problem. Kills our day out IMO

• Agree 1

BBC Sportsound last night said the venue choice was the spfl and kick off time was the bbc. They wanted it early cos they're showing rugby later.

What is it with BBC and rugby? Always hacks me off these egg chasers that can't kick a ball always seem to be given priority particularly when it comes to radio coverage.