CJT cup semi final statement

davie

Original poster wants game played at his beloved tannadice in my opinion but I could be wrong I suppose

The time of kick off is the issue here not the location

Dougal

You are wrong Dougal

Davie

• Agree 1

Original poster wants game played at his beloved tannadice in my opinion but I could be wrong I suppose

The time of kick off is the issue here not the location

Dougal

To be fair Dougal he did indicate in his letter that the venue was biased towards Hearts. I also believe Davy's preference is for Pittodrie. Mine would be McDairmid but no matter where I cant make it anyway.

If we can get as many people to sign this as possible, I'd love to give it to Neil Doncaster where it might be least comfortable (metaphorically speaking of course) BTW, Fergus Ewing MSP; David Stewart MSP, Leader of The Council and Cllr. Richard Laird have all indicated their support. You really should join them and petition at http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/spfl-change-the-time-of-the-ict-v-hearts-semi-final?sign_only=fe

Davie, can I suggest you put link on p&B and all the other forums out there> I'm sure many fans of other clubs sympathise with our situation and would support the petition.

• Agree 1

I Imagine the Spfl will want to keep the venue and ko the same and will push for discounted supporters buses, forgive me for stating the obvious but how do fans get to the stadium or the supporters club in time for a probable 7am departure on a Sunday

I live in Edinburgh so the kick off time is not an issue for me! However I am in agreement with the rest of the ICT fans and that the club are being unfairly treated. 

Assuming the SFA or SFPL don't budge on the issue are there not any bus companies in the Inverness area with a bit of entrepreneurial skill that might put on special buses to get fans down to the Capital?

Edited by BornCaley

I Imagine the Spfl will want to keep the venue and ko the same and will push for discounted supporters buses, forgive me for stating the obvious but how do fans get to the stadium or the supporters club in time for a probable 7am departure on a Sunday

Usually just drive to the stadium and leave the car there.

Look at the problem from the SPFL view. Is the big issue here not just the TV slot worth £80k? Solve that and you solve the other issue. An Alba perhaps? 

The attendance for last year's semi was 16,326. Tickets were £15 and £5. Holding the semi in Perth would lose 6,326 seats at perhaps £80k. With TV at Perth the loss to ICT might be about £20k as the share of TV revenue. However, the atmosphere and spectacle for TV would be first class. However, the first train does not get in until mid day so that is not really a goer.

Pittodrie has a capacity of 22,199 and if the game was a sell out it could be played at 3 pm without TV revenue. Shunning TV revenue is though a dangerous game in Scotland. I doubt if the game would be a sell out.

Damn Highlanders!! Will probably only muster 1746 supporters at Easter Road as things stand.

• Agree 1

To be honest I dont believe the attendance will be anything like last year at ER. If I recall correct the hearts fans made a big effort to show hibs they could outnumber hibs fans at ER. Will they make that effort again especially considering their team this time is playing a lot worse than they were then.

As for tv whats the problem with BBC using one of the two channels that dont normally transmit during the day.

• Agree 1

Who remembers this journey?  Not the only one of it's type (for us other fans of other clubs) and bad enough with a 3pm kick-off.  I can also accept that 3pm on a Saturday is "league time" and you have to go with the flow in regards weather etc, but to make a concious decision to move a match to an early kick-off on a Sunday when public transport shows little regard for fan safety.

I Think the issue for the BBC is the six nations has the same contract as champions league football where no other sport can be shown live at the same time. So the Beeb may not have the option of putting it on another channel if it still clashes with the rugby

Ok so why not kick off the Rugby at 2:00 and football at 4:00. Sensible solution.

I Think the issue for the BBC is the six nations has the same contract as champions league football where no other sport can be shown live at the same time. So the Beeb may not have the option of putting it on another channel if it still clashes with the rugby

Ok so why not kick off the Rugby at 2:00 and football at 4:00. Sensible solution.

Dont ask me it is the BBC they never make sensible decisions

Not the TV companies who impose rules on match blackouts. FIFA Blackout period for the UK is Saturday from 3 till 5:30 (I think) and have no impact or baring on any other sports.

BBC may not want to show them at the same time, but no rules I am aware of which prevent it.

Did anyone read Davie Provan's page in the Sun yesterday. 'the Highlanders should dry their eyes and use the BBC TV money to provide free buses for fans'.........utter clown

He probably doesn't get it.

Its like Luton Town playing Manchester City in a cup at a neutral venue called Old Trafford,  should the Luton Town fans dry their eyes and get on with it. The media, clubs and fans in England must be pee1ng themselves laughing, at the incompetence of the SPFL 

“Caley Jags Together have been invited to meet with Iain Blair, Secretary and Neil Doncaster, CEO of the SPFL at Hampden Park on 28th November to discuss the on-going concern regarding the arrangements for the League Cup semi-final game against Heart of Midlothian on 2nd February 2014.

We go in to this meeting with unprecedented backing from Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC, football fans all over the country, local and national politicians and media. We intend to discuss the issues fully and sensibly  in order that we can come to an arrangement that suits both sets of supporters – after all they are the lifeblood of the game and we want to see as many as possible enjoy a fantastic day out in February.

We thank everyone who has supported our campaign so far and will update everyone as soon as we are able to. Please continue to sign our petition at http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/spfl-change-the-time-of-the-ict-v-hearts-semi-final

• Agree 1

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/spfl-to-meet-inverness-caledonian-thistle-fans-1-3193516

The neutral venue for the meeting is believed to be Lerwick with a 10.00 am start.

grand, I'll get the boat from aberdeen and tie myself to the bar until I get a kip. Gets in at 08:00, so plenty of time for breakfast. See, you can get anywhere if you go for it!

p.s. I cycled back the last time. Figure that one out! :smile:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/spfl-to-meet-inverness-caledonian-thistle-fans-1-3193516

The neutral venue for the meeting is believed to be Lerwick with a 10.00 am start.

grand, I'll get the boat from aberdeen and tie myself to the bar until I get a kip. Gets in at 08:00, so plenty of time for breakfast. See, you can get anywhere if you go for it!

p.s. I cycled back the last time. Figure that one out! :smile:

Ive been up a few times but am still trying in vain to get across to see a typical Ross shire style house on the island of Moussa but the boat across always seems to clash with the ferry home. Moussa might be an even better place to have your meeting.