CJT cup semi final statement

davie

Thanks for the offer it wasn't a personal plea for help but the post was to highlight that perhaps some fans rely on public transport, there aren't any local buses running that early around the city, our rural fans don't have a hope of getting to Edinburgh for a lunchtime Sunday KO

I don't disagree with you. That's why we're trying to get it changed and I pestered dozens of people to sign the petition before the St Johnstone game.

I live in Inverness and on a few occasions when I've not been able to take my car as the missus needed it or I needed to get the bus from the social club as I'd taken the bookings and was required to check folk on (therefore parking isn't feasible) as sad as it's sounds my mum gave me a lift  :lol:

He played the baddie in the 'road movie', The Hitcher!! The 1980's version. Fantasic film. A routine act of giving a stranger a lift turned into a catalogue of terror, suspense and murder! :amazed:

Ah, I see. Terror, suspense? May well be the case if my wife was driving (sans murder)  :whistle:  Probably more like Driving Miss Daisy with me at the wheel.

I can recall Mr Doncaster repeatedly pushing for a 10 team SPL. Many clubs felt that they did not want nor need this, yet the issue was brought to the fore time and time again without any success. Did Mr Doncaster take this as a personal insult that his idea wasn't liked and push even harder make this come to fruition. Did Mr Doncaster learn anything about himself regarding his previous actions and experiences.

Another issue has come to the fore to be discussed tomorrow 28/11/13, will attempting to change a decision made be deemed a personal insult, or will he listen and let common sense prevail, as not only is the current issue not wanted or needed, it is impractical, brings a greater danger to road users and with regards to  Sporting integrity, if this tie takes place  only 6 miles from the opposing club for the 2nd year running then the wrong people are running the organisation.

Lets hope that common sense wins the day and that the cup organisers come out of this looking good by allowing changes to be made.

• Agree 4

I didn't expect the SPFL to 'back down' on their initial arrangements. The meeting was no more than lip-service to the 'wee club from the North'.

All credit to CJT and Davie Balfour for giving it a go on behalf of the fans.

I don't personally know Davie, but he has my full respect for all his hard-work in at least showing we won't take such ludicrous and unfair decisions lying down. I'm sure his representations to Mr Doncaster enlightened him on our club and showed us up in a professional light.

Although we didn't get the desired change(s), it's shown we have a voice and hopefully a new-found respect from the beaks at the SPFL. Nothing lost at all from today - in future scenarios of an Inverness CT v Edinburgh semi-final, they'll hopefully think twice about allocating the 'neutral' venue to Edinburgh at an impossibly inconvenient time.

Credit to Davie and CJT for standing-up for our club against the central-belt bias.

• Agree 6

So according to this clown, equidistance trumps capacity for the Rangers Vs Raith, Ramsdens cup final. 2 central belt teams, one of whom has an average home attendance of over 43,000.

But capacity trumps equidistance for 2 teams at opposite ends of the country, even though Hearts average attendance is 30,000 less than Rangers. This doesn't make sense.

Doncaster is a snake.

Edited by AlexJones

I realise that people might be disappointed with the outcome, but it was probably the best that Jennifer Aitchieson and I could do. The SPFL were broadly sympathetic to our plight and certainly listened to our case. They did explain their reasons for selecting the venue ( which we were aware of anyway) and did acknowledge that the game being selected by the BBC for broadcast was the reason for the 12:15 kick off. We explained the transport difficulties that this would cause, so it then became a question of what the SPFL would do to offset this, if no movement was to be made otherwise. They gave assurances that they were going to consider what they could do around buses and trains, and would come back to us next thursday with a detailed proposal. Give them their due, the details of the conference call that will take place were with us within an hour. We will hold them to what they offer us, and we will make sure that any offer is adequate. We won't pre-empt them though.

I was prepared not to like Neil Doncaster much, but he did come across as a man who was genuinely surprised by the publicity campaign that we had waged and though his organisation had better react in a reasonable manner - we were, after all, the first supporters group they have actively engaged.The support from the media has been excellent.I get the feeling that the SPFL will think twice about doing this to us again, and they know that if they do, we will be back at them.Anybody want to bet against that being the semi final of the scottish cup :smile: ?

Thank you to everyone on this site who took the time to support us and sign our petition. Your voice has been heard, and we appreciate you being there. Please feedback either on here or on the CJT site, and we'll do our utmost to answer you.

edited for knackered spelling

Edited by davie
  • Agree 9

Very disappointed with the SPFL, and feel they had ample time to have come up with a much more concrete plan, given the numbers in their organisation and the meeting timeframe.

That being said, CJT have done all they could, have done justice to the supporters direct ideal, and now it will be left to see what the SPFL will do with the good faith given to them...

Edited by Kirishima
  • Agree 1

Doncaster:  "We have pledged to approach the transport authorities to examine whether there are any steps that can be taken to alleviate the challenges faced by the Inverness fans for the match at Easter Road and will be back in touch with Mr Balfour as soon as possible."

Transport authorities:  Transport Scotland?  Traffic Scotland?  

A very tepid commitment.