Old Highland League days....

Tichy_Blacks_Back

Can't believe Alan Stevenson was still playing in the HL in 1991, he's ages with me and we played together in our school/youth days.......he would have been 37 then, still a fit lad.......just like me :-)

That right DV..... about Alan Stevenson I mean :lol:  He was the year behind me at Dalneigh School, and I do believe he went on to Clach after he left Jags.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking through an old Inverness book today and there was an interesting picture (sorry no link) of a Highland youth select team in 1980 going to play in Canada.  The team had the likes of Martin Lisle, Billy Wilson and Steven Maclaren etc.  My question is did Steven Maclaren go on to play at a higher level  I seem to remember he went to play in England.  Anybody remember who he played for?

I was looking through an old Inverness book today and there was an interesting picture (sorry no link) of a Highland youth select team in 1980 going to play in Canada.  The team had the likes of Martin Lisle, Billy Wilson and Steven Maclaren etc.  My question is did Steven Maclaren go on to play at a higher level  I seem to remember he went to play in England.  Anybody remember who he played for?

Went to Wolves, I think, don't think he quite made it.

Went to Wolves, I think, don't think he quite made it.

Steve MacLaren was in school with me. think he ended up in the police force up here.

Omg I want to thank the person who posted the clippings of gav dearie and Gary Reid. Gav was a good friend and I was best friends through high school with his wife. As for gar, well, I remember a day in March 1993, the 20th, clach won the north of Scotland cup and mr Reid was getting married. The boys took the cup to the wedding after they got back, I think from wick but don't quote me. Wow happy days!

• Like 1

Omg I want to thank the person who posted the clippings of gav dearie and Gary Reid. Gav was a good friend and I was best friends through high school with his wife. As for gar, well, I remember a day in March 1993, the 20th, clach won the north of Scotland cup and mr Reid was getting married. The boys took the cup to the wedding after they got back, I think from wick but don't quote me. Wow happy days!

That final, which I remember well, was at Telford Street so the Clach boys must have said they had come from Wick to cover the three hours they'd just spent in the Clach Club after the game :laugh:

Clach beat Thistle 4-2 aet after Jags had been 2-0 up. This was a watershed moment for Clach since it was their first trophy following their first financial rescue in 1990.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 1