Old Highland League days....

Tichy_Blacks_Back

• 3 weeks later...

I can see myself in the first photo of the tin shed Sneckboy.

Anyone remember the day the barrier collapsed and about 30 of us ended up on the linesman. He got carried of injured, think it was against premier league Kilmarnock which we won. Recall burning someones head with a fag when we scored one of the goals - ooh being able to smoke at a game

Ohh when you could stand on a terrace, at a game

I can see myself in the first photo of the tin shed Sneckboy.

Anyone remember the day the barrier collapsed and about 30 of us ended up on the linesman. He got carried of injured, think it was against premier league Kilmarnock which we won. Recall burning someones head with a fag when we scored one of the goals - ooh being able to smoke at a game

Ohh when you could stand on a terrace, at a game

Are you by any chance making the rather naive assumption that IHE was capable of STANDING at Caley games? :laugh:  By the way I wonder what the date of the Muirtown photo is? Looking at the cars.... late 80s maybe???

• Agree 1

It was about 84-85 the old motel was demolished and I am sure the filling station was closed a number of years before.

I will certainly bow to the knowledge of people who are a lot better versed than I am in classic cars! I'm not so sure about when the demolition of the Motel was, because for instance the merger meeting took place there in 1993 and I spoke at an ICT supporters' dinner there in, I think, 1997.

I am attracted by the theory that the very dry grass suggests 1976.

It was about 84-85 the old motel was demolished and I am sure the filling station was closed a number of years before.

I will certainly bow to the knowledge of people who are a lot better versed than I am in classic cars! I'm not so sure about when the demolition of the Motel was, because for instance the merger meeting took place there in 1993 and I spoke at an ICT supporters' dinner there in, I think, 1997.

I am attracted by the theory that the very dry grass suggests 1976.

Got me thinking again, you are right about the motel it was left on its own after the chalets were demolished in the mid 80's to make way for the flats that replaced them.