Old Highland League days....

Tichy_Blacks_Back

OOPS!

With the bizarre weather changes that are taking place round the world we can't honestly say that we now get any snow in Western Canada..at least around the 49th parallel (U S Border) but Scotty and the Easterners had just about as bad a winter as you could possibly imagine. A report on the TV News said that one snow dump left 2 metres on the ground. One guy,. apparently opened his door to look at a snow wall jammed into his frame so was unable to get out . I felt really sorry for these Canadians because even a few weeks ago they were still getting bad weather whilst we , in the Pacific North West, had nothing to complain about apart from the usual --constant rain and  damp and cold conditions with the odd bright spot when the clouds disappeared for a day or so.

And that is why elderly Canadians are called "Snowbirds"  because they go south to Florida or California for the sunshine and heat when Winter approaches --eases the aches and pains of arthritis  for a while you see, mostly prevalent amongst British Columbians on the West Coast. 

They purchase a large caravan type of vehicle that is called a Recreation Vehicle --has a kitchen and bed in it  etc. and they park it on a rental area in the Southern States for several months and  are happy as sandlarks. Whilst guys like me  have to put my hands in hot water to straighten out the twists and  knots in my knuckles. :laugh:

Think that's the first photo I have seen of Citadel. My granda played for them, but is not in the photo.

What was their reputation? They look like tough nuts that would give the Clachers a run for their money.

They were mainly from down the Shore, so were almost Clachers in any case. As a football team they weren't great but did manage to win the Highland League in 1909.

Gathered from a historical football archive:

1922 Scottish Cup - last 64 stage (or certainly, the round preceding the last 32)

(selected results)

Stenhousemuir 0-2 Dundee

Inverness Clachnacuddin 0-5 Rangers

Aberdeen 1-0 Dumbarton

Inverness Caledonian 1-5 Kilmarnock

Hamilton Accies 9-0 Gala Fairydean

Forfar 0-3 Falkirk

East Fife 0-3 Motherwell

Celtic 4-0 Montrose

Clackmannan FC 3-5 Inverness Citadel

Edited by Sneckboy

Love this list !!

There is possibly a piece of information there which the Telford Street grandstand fire of 1950 denied Alex Main when he was writing "Caley All The Way". Alex is unable to list any of the early club secretaries because the records were destroyed, but in that directory Caley's secretary is listed as W.A. Dunbar, 1 Railway Terrace. The directory can also be roughly dated because a dated list of Caley Past Presidents does exist and according to the book, A. Sanderson was in office from 1903-06.