Ten4

Butcher had a difficult start with us but we were bottom when he arrived and finished in that place, just, at the end of the season.

His start at Hibs has been far far worse. While not exactly setting the heather on fire, Hibs were 5th when Fenlon left and in no danger. After a short lived honeymoon they have gone into freefall and may well be destined for the play offs. Something has gone far wrong for TB  and MM at Easter Road.

I'm so loving this! The image of Butcher in that hideous mac and flatcap like some seedy old man is still uncomfortably fresh in the memory. His exit was graceless and a Hibs relegation would be just the sweetest reverse of fortune. I might even be reduced to supporting Dross County when Butcher is in Dungwall! Come on Kilmarnock, St M, PT, Hearts and.........County?!

• Agree 1

The Hibs fans don't appear to value , or care about, his past reputation and/or performance and want wins now!

One more season is all he has to change things around and if it continues the way it is I will be surprised if he completes the new season at Easter Road.

I can't help but wonder also if there remains a complacency from past glories at Easter Road that did not exist at our Stadium when T B came on board. In short, the spirit on show all season here at Tulloch seems to far surpass that of the Hibs outfit in general.

The real question is do they think that they are still a cut above the rest? Or do these feelings simply appear to exist because by feeling them they make it easier on themselves to face up to the present deteriorating situation, being a terrible reflection on this once highly -thought-of club?

Now it is really interesting!

SP is right, and added to that, the last manager you want to work with prima donnas is...Butcher. He can make players play but only if they are his buys or younglings.

I'd say the big players know he wants rid of them come what may, and can't motivate themselves accordingly.

Wow, 3 points between 7th and 11th!

:crazy:    

Makes it really interesting in the bottom half,  But just think, had it not been for the introduction of the play offs this season it would all be pretty meaningless.

To be fair, Ross County's Roy MacGregor deserves great credit for that in being one of only two chairmen brave enough to hold out against the bizarre 8-8-8 format that we were told by Doncaster, Milne and company was the only show in town.

Wow, 3 points between 7th and 11th!

:crazy:

Makes it really interesting in the bottom half, But just think, had it not been for the introduction of the play offs this season it would all be pretty meaningless.

To be fair, Ross County's Roy MacGregor deserves great credit for that in being one of only two chairmen brave enough to hold out against the bizarre 8-8-8 format that we were told by Doncaster, Milne and company was the only show in town. I'd still rather the 8-8-8.

Hibs last 13 league games (one-third of the season) have seen them win 1, draw 3 and lose 9. It's actually astonishing that with a run like that they're still in 7th!

But there's no question Hibernian are in the mix for the play-off.

With that run of form one might argue that they should now be favourites for the play off place.  The rest of them must feel that Hibs are the team they must beat.  It would be fascinating to see what the reaction at Easter Road would be to relegation.  Such a scenario was unthinkable a few weeks ago but is very much on the cards now.

For the Hibs it must be unthinkable. And worse for the fans, poor souls. I am not being sarcastic- I feel for them.

Any thoughts of superiority, however, after they are relegated will  have to be well and truly smothered because they will be up against teams who are up-and-coming and determined to be in the mix for promotion at the end of the season. It is going to be very hard for T B to motivate them after they suffer the demoralisation of demotion.

He will have to bring in sprightly up-and-coming new lads from England,or something, to have any chance of success.

So watch out, ICT, here comes the poacher for our lads. It will be VERY interesting to see which of our players, if any, will be brave enough to consider a move to Easter Road under this guy. Oor John must look more and more attractive by the minute.

Whee! :crazy:

We have gone backwards. They have gone further backwards and more rapidly.

Last season under Butcher, from mid December to end of season we won 6. In the same period this season, Yogi has won 5 already. Similar form to last season.

• Agree 1

Last season under Butcher, from mid December to end of season we won 6. In the same period this season, Yogi has won 5 already. Similar form to last season.

Aye keep hearing this going backwards stuff but the stats really dont show this as youve said. 

Aye keep hearing this going backwards stuff but the stats really dont show this as youve said. 

From clear in second with games in hand to struggling to fend off St Johnstone for fifth. I'm confused. In what respect is that not going backwards ?

• Agree 1

From clear in second with games in hand to struggling to fend off St Johnstone for fifth. I'm confused. In what respect is that not going backwards ?

I think the point being made is that while not necessarily habitual, we are no strangers to the mid-season or second half of the season slump ... I recall that happening more than once, and as correctly pointed out, last year was the most recent example. So are we going backwards or are we merely doing exactly what we did last year and in (some) previous years regardless of who is in charge? 

Hughes is getting a lot of **** thrown at him for everything from his tactics to his eloquence (or lack thereof) and yes he must take some of that on the chin as he is the manager and he does select the team and tactics - some of which have been a bit bizarre - but some of the vitriol is over the top. way over the top. Like many, I remain to be convinced that Yogi is the right guy, but definitely not calling for his head yet. Would we have won the final with Butcher still at the helm? who knows, he decided to leave us. Would we still be second with Butcher still in the dugout? who knows, he decided he needed a fresh challenge. Did Butcher give us a second thought when he was quaffing down the hospitality in the home section when we were playing Hibs whilst he was still ICT boss? Did he **** he seemed to enjoy the chaos he caused! I hope he enjoys the Championship next year, until he gets sacked before Christmas when it is clear he is not going to experience the same one season bounceback that he did here.. 

Getting back to Hughes ... I think you can glean a lot from social media these days. Before Twitter/Facebook and such like you needed to have someone on the inside giving you information or tidbits to know how things were really going. Nowadays - and I am talking in general, not specifically about ICT - signings, contracts, injuries or bust-ups can all be found on these platforms mere minutes after they happen, and often before any official announcements. Quite a few players at ICT signed extended contracts after Hughes' arrival, and I dont think I have seen any comments on Twitter that indicate the players are unhappy or he has lost the dressing room. The cherry on top for me is Foran. This is a guy who we all expected to follow TB down the road before the exit door had actually closed but no, he has committed himself to ICT for what is basically the rest of his career .... 

• Agree 2

Would we have won the final with Butcher still at the helm? who knows, he decided to leave us.

I'm not even sure we would've gotten to the final!  Butcher's teams seem to have a real habit of blowing important matches and I doubt that semi-final would've been any different!

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1