Ten4

Can somebody please post up that unforgettable photo of Butcher at ER in the dirty old man coat again: the caption should surely read "will the last one out please turn off the lights!". Well done Accies - appearently by far the better team today and thoroughly deserving. So, no war chest for Butcher as promised: will this push Hibs over the edge? They surely won't have budgeted for this and, with the compensation for Fenlon and ICT.....

Always on the cards. I have taken a special interest in this one. Backing whoever Hibs were playing has netted me a tidy sum. I even backed Hamilton to win 2 0 today at 20/1. Went to Hibs Killie game. they were dire then and they are dire now. Oh Mr Butcher................what have you done??

• Agree 3

There's no way Pat Fenlon's mid-table Hibs would have got relegated.

Interesting (ie amusing) too that Motherwell's chief exec decided to leave Scotland's 2nd best team, with European football etc, to join Hibs.

With Motherwell losing £800,000 in the 2(?) seasons before last and last seasons losses rumoured to be in the region of £250,000 to £300,000 (and begging bowls out already)....I get the feeling that Hibs may, financially at least, be the better option in the short term.

Hilarious. I wonder how he will spin this one -  blame the players again? And what budget is he expecting for the overhaul he has been touting now?His coat must be on a very shoogly peg. What are the odds of the sack, around November when Hibs are way off the top, while Hearts rebuild and do well? All your chickens have come home to roost now, Terry.

Edited by The Long Man

With The Rangers, Hearts and now Hibs all moving into the Championship there should be some pretty decent gates in that division next season.  This will be not just for games between the big three, but clubs such as QOS and Cowdenbeath will find the season a real money spinner.  The top flight will be without 3 big clubs and that will impact on the average gates, in fact there may not be a lot between the average gates in the 2 divisions.

Whilst money continues to talk in the football world in general, it has been a good year for the smaller clubs in Scotland.  We had another top 6 finish, County survived another season in the top flight, St J won the Scottish cup for the first time in their long history, Cowdenbeath prevailed over Dunfermline in the League one play off and today Hamilton saw off the once mighty Hibs.  I can't help but think that this must be really good for the game in Scotland.

As for Butcher, I know he only has himself to blame but all this vindictive gloating is really in rather poor taste given all he did for our club.  However, I'm not averse to a bit of bad taste myself from time to time  - so  Relegation Terry?  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

• Agree 3

When Petrie was awarding Butcher his contract, I wonder if they included clauses to  protect Hibs in the event of relegation (eg automatic drop in salary, or dismissal with minimal pay-off) as it all would have seemed such a remote prospect at the time?

There's no escaping the fact that Butcher has done a godawful job as manager and fully deserves the sack, but Hibs will also have to consider that he achieved an instant bounce-back with ICT.

When Petrie was awarding Butcher his contract, I wonder if they included clauses to  protect Hibs in the event of relegation (eg automatic drop in salary, or dismissal with minimal pay-off) as it all would have seemed such a remote prospect at the time?

There's no escaping the fact that Butcher has done a godawful job as manager and fully deserves the sack, but Hibs will also have to consider that he achieved an instant bounce-back with ICT.

Took us till Jan to put bouncebackability into motion tho, doubt Hibs will be that patient tbh.

I see that Mr Butcher has been quoting Tennyson and is considering the use of Shakespeare and Rabbie Burns - I have some apt suggestions:

Tennyson - Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Shakespeare : life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury and signifying nothing

Burns: Ye see yon birdie, cad a lord, wha struts and stares an a that, tho hundreds worship at his word, he's but a co of for a that.

And in true narcissistic style he himself quotes : " I have always said I'm very, very confident we will be fine and I still hold true to that FACT " !!

HE who laughs last, laughs longest.

Terry Butcher 25/05/14 - "You felt when it went to penalties that we've got a bit of a chance, but when you miss the first one then you're always up against it." - No shitt Sherlock  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Malpas in the Scotsman on 13th Nov 13 -

“I want to be at a club that’s got a chance to win trophies. Caley Thistle have got a great chance this season, but I just felt the potential here is far greater.

“I’m a football guy who likes being on the training field and the facilities here are unbelievable. And it’s not anything to do with money. It’s about the things here that Caley couldn’t give me. That’s why, as soon as Terry asked me, I said yes."

Potential to win Championship Trophy and the things Caley couldn't give....................lower league football :clapoverhead::wave:

• Agree 10

Malpas in the Scotsman on 13th Nov 13 -

“I want to be at a club that’s got a chance to win trophies. Caley Thistle have got a great chance this season, but I just felt the potential here is far greater.

“I’m a football guy who likes being on the training field and the facilities here are unbelievable. And it’s not anything to do with money. It’s about the things here that Caley couldn’t give me. That’s why, as soon as Terry asked me, I said yes."

Potential to win Championship Trophy and the things Caley couldn't give....................lower league football :clapoverhead::wave:

Don't have such an issue with Malpas personally as he did his job until he left as he should have!

• Agree 1

You've got to feel sorry for Terry.  As he said:

"When you're relegated, you deserve to get relegated and it's over the piece, it's over the whole season and not just the last game"

Maybe if Terry had taken on Hibs before they were in the relegation zone - say mid-season, on the edge of the top six - he might have managed to keep them in.  But, let's be honest, it was an impossible job for any manager faced with trying to overtake a club with the budget of Partick Thistle.  Mourinhou couldn't have beaten an Accies side with household names like Routledge, Longridge and Andreu.

Let's hear it for a true hero and a died-in-the-wool Hibee, Mr Terry Butcher.  Let's hope he keeps his dream job.

• Agree 1

This is worse than his relegation with us. When he took over at ICT we were in last place and that's where we finished in the end. At Hibs he took them from respectable mid table to, in terms of points gained on the pitch, the very worst team in the league in the course of half a season. Remarkable.

More remarkable still, three of the biggest five teams in the land in terms of home gates not in the top league. I f this is Armageddon I'm quite enjoying it..

• Agree 2