Ten4

Munro would have helped and was treated shoddily. Tokely would have been a great squad player if that's what he wanted but not first pick by any means. Duncan, unfortunately, had had his time. Not trying to demean him but that's just how it goes.

Still I'm surprised he's getting a chance to stay with Ian Murray riding high.

The more I think about what's happened to Hibs since Judas took over the more I cannot believe he's not been sacked.

They were a few points away from top 6 when he joined.  They ended up getting relegated.  They've won 1 game at home all year.

The Hibs fans will never be able to forgive or trust him.

They've got rid of so many players surely the management team should be replaced too, I just can't see the Hibs fans going back in great numbers while he's there.  Better to replace now than a few games into the new season.

My guess is it would cost too much to sack him/them.

It is indeed a funny old game.

• Agree 1

The more I think about what's happened to Hibs since Judas took over the more I cannot believe he's not been sacked.

They were a few points away from top 6 when he joined.  They ended up getting relegated.  They've won 1 game at home all year.

The Hibs fans will never be able to forgive or trust him.

They've got rid of so many players surely the management team should be replaced too, I just can't see the Hibs fans going back in great numbers while he's there.  Better to replace now than a few games into the new season.

My guess is it would cost too much to sack him/them.

It is indeed a funny old game.

They actually won 2 games at home this year!

Hearts were beaten at Easter Road on 2nd January and County lost there in February. Still, a very poor return.

But we shouldn't be complacent. We only won 2 games ourselves. Partick Thistle and a St Johnstone team on the last day (a team who had made 7 changes and were simply going through the motions with the Cup final 6 days away).

When Fenlon left Hibs they had played 11 games and had 15 points (1.36 points per game) with a goal difference of -2. They were 2 points from 6th place.

27 games later they had gained 20 more points (0.74 points per game) and the goal difference was -20. They were 18 points from 6th place.

Extrapolate Butcher's record to a season of 38 games and Hibs would have had 28 points all told.

Hope Hibs keep him on just for the entertainment value next season.

Edited by Tob
  • Agree 1

Does anybody know the background of Mr Petrie

When I was a boy my Dads best friend was called Petrie he  had twin sons

They  moved to a farm near Edinburgh in the late 50s - We visited them in their farm many times.  Mr Petrie was a Polish veteran and he served in the British army in WW11 - I just wondered because Petrie was a made up name , not his real Polish name, If Mr. Petrie is descended from my Dad's good friend? any ideas?

Edited by Laurence

Are people trying to tell me TB is a poor manager

Because he isn't

You tell that to fans of Sydney, Brentford and Hibs.  Aside from us, a decent run at Motherwell after they avoided relegation by a technicality and doing alright at Coventry years ago, his record stinks.  

Don't be silly

A stupid comment if there ever was one - did he leave us in 2nd place and in two cups

Did he take a two goal lead at Parkhead

Just don't be daft

Don't be silly

A stupid comment if there ever was one - did he leave us in 2nd place and in two cups

Just don't be daft

Are you aware that Hibs have just been relegated?

Maybe if you think he's so good you can back it up with what he's down elsewhere as well, or are you just going to throw around petty insults as usual?

Edited by Renegade

Laurence: Did he guide Hibs to relegation? (and technically he left us in one cup not two as the other had not been drawn when he left)

Some managers (and players for that matter) just "fit" at certain clubs and fail abysmally at others. TB is a classic example. He did well at Inverness and also at Motherwell, but the stupid comment here would be to say he did well anywhere else. Renegade is right, his record at most clubs stinks.

Looking beyond the record at each club, there is a worrying similarity in fortunes. Managed Motherwell, finished in the relegation spot only to be saved because of Brockville not being suitable for the then SPL. Went to Inverness, got relegated, went to Hibs, got relegated. At both Motherwell and ICT you could argue he was not at fault and both clubs bounced back well the following season once he had managed to bring in some of his own players, even better at Inverness because he was given a few seasons to entirely reshape the squad we now have .... He will not be afforded that luxury at Hibs and will be gone by Xmas IMHO.  

Don't be silly

Just don't be daft

Did he then fail to shore up the defence and, instead, relinquish that two goal lead?

Terry Butcher was manager at ICT for 207 games (206 really as he was still officially manager when supping hospitality at Easter Road!). In that time he oversaw 86 victories, 57 draws and 64 defeats. We could ALL pull out examples of where he did well or where he did badly in those 200+ games to prove our own viewpoint.

As I said elsewhere ... I thank him for what he did do at Inverness, it is appreciated, and I will look fondly upon that time, but he chose to disrespect us, the club, and his players in the manner in which he chose to depart and for that he deserves every little managerial pitfall and setback that comes his way. I will take a little bit of pleasure from each and every moment ..... until he is finally sacked from Hibs.  

• Agree 4

All of our managerial departures have left a bitter taste, for me. I wouldn't have been so annoyed if any of them had gone on to further their careers - but none of them have.

This assumption that things will be better at a 'bigger' club has been proven wrong every time. Yet none of them heed the warning!

I loved Paterson and firmly believe he would have taken us to the 'SPL'.

Robbo had a hell of a job taking Pele's mantle but got us there! Plus winning the Challenge Cup and TWO Scottish Cup semi's which we've never since equalled, even as an 'SPL' team!

Brewster and Christie both had decent runs in the hot-seat...but Butcher, despite his overall poor managerial record, still seemed to click with us and whether we like it or not is historically our most 'successful' manager having guide us to 4th place in the top league. And archive tables will not have a * next to them proclaiming the financial plight of Hearts and Rangers.

We were 4th one season - that's a fact! 

Maybe that's why the ButcherWatch thread is so popular - and no other "ex-manager-Watch" thread exists!

Edited by Sneckboy

Are people trying to tell me TB is a poor manager

Because he isn't

He has managed three Scottish premier Clubs. Got two relegated and only escaped being relegated with the other due to the team due to take their place not meeting league regualtions. 

Personally I find it quite galling how the majority of our support still seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Terry Butcher

Think its time some of you moved on, Terry is not our concern anymore regardless how he left us or where he went

The same posters who are putting the boot into Terry now are the same who were happy clapping him when he was on the payroll

16pages of a thread entitled Butcherwatch is an embarrassment to this forum and to the ICT support

Dougal