Ten4

The same posters who are putting the boot into Terry now are the same who were happy clapping him when he was on the payroll

Just for the record, as a man I never liked him.

Edited by Renegade

Don't be silly

A stupid comment if there ever was one - did he leave us in 2nd place and in two cups

Did he take a two goal lead at Parkhead

Just don't be daft

Are you aware that Hibs have just been relegated?

Maybe if you think he's so good you can back it up with what he's down elsewhere as well, or are you just going to throw around petty insults as usual?

I think taking one of the biggest club in Scotland from mid table to relegation entitles people to call him a poor manager. 

Personally I find it quite galling how the majority of our support still seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Terry Butcher

Think its time some of you moved on, Terry is not our concern anymore regardless how he left us or where he went

The same posters who are putting the boot into Terry now are the same who were happy clapping him when he was on the payroll

16pages of a thread entitled Butcherwatch is an embarrassment to this forum and to the ICT support

Dougal

Maybe as a Ross County supporter you just don't understand us?  I think the reason for our current fascination with our immediately-previous manager and his current (mis-)fortunes was adequately explained by Scotty's last post.  

If he had done badly with us and left we would be relieved.

If he had done well and then left in good terms we would be mildly interested.

But that he did well with ICT where he had failed with others, then decided to flip us off (as our American cousins colourfully refer to it) and boast about going on to better things before making a spectacular ****-up of it is a source of endless fascination and amusement for us, the supposed "wee people" he has "left behind".

Karma.

• Agree 1

Just for the record, as a man I never liked him.

I was a happy clapper but am now putting the boot in.  Can't see any problem with that.

• Agree 1

Personally I find it quite galling how the majority of our support still seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Terry Butcher

Think its time some of you moved on, Terry is not our concern anymore regardless how he left us or where he went

16pages of a thread entitled Butcherwatch is an embarrassment to this forum and to the ICT support

Dougal

Total agreement from me.

Dougal

A bit like you bleating on about the merger I suppose.

• Agree 10

:laugh:  And they said it would never last. Perfectly entitled to discuss his merits on this forum. If you don't want to read it, don't open it. Simples :smile::clapoverhead::smile::clapping:

• Agree 2

Dougal

Total agreement from me.

Sh1t stirring at its finest. Take it you don't know Dougal and his agenda then?

The fact that she refused to deny Butcher could be sacked suggests he's certainly not safe!

What a humiliation that we be for Terry.

After a very short 'bounce' when he took over, it's been an alarming slump for Hibs. Relegation from the position he took over is unforgivable and probably deserves the boot.

Hibs will likely be looking for a manager who has the proven ability to prosper in the 'Championship' - someone with a history of taking his team straight back up after relegation!

That's probably his only 'saving grace' and he'll need to emphasise that during his meeting. He'd probably lost the changing-room a while ago, but with the time to bring in his own men, he could get them up in a couple of seasons - but I'm not sure he's going to be afforded that time.

"I have plans to meet Terry next week and once we have had that conversation and come to a conclusion about the direction of the club then I will be able to come out and talk," she said.

To me that sounds very much like "I'm going to sack him but will wait to do it do it face to face rather than through the media".

Aside from being told his budget, TB pretty much ran the show on the footballing side of things when with us.  From listening to Leeann Dempster, that's not going to be the case at Hibs....and I'm not sure TB will like or accept that.

It makes you wonder why Petrie has appointed two people who may well have very differing views on how things should operate.

It's either a very clever move to force TB to make the decision to move on without being directly sacked....or another Petrie screw up.

Sad to see him go, but as far as I can see, every manager who has left ICT to go on to "better things" has ended up getting sacked within a short space of time - look at Steve Paterson, Craig Brewster, John Robertson and now Terry Butcher.

• Agree 1

Leanne might well smack Butcher over the head and draw blood just before the World Cup starts. If that happens and Malpass and Marsella follow him out the door I am sure their family and friends will not take to wearing bloodied bandages and saying what a great inspiration he was. After all, he is the only Manager in Britain who damaged the dreams of one club in the first half of the season, and then annihilated the dreams of another in the second half.

Would you put your trust in Butcher if you were Leanne?

When ICT were promoted from Division 1 after relegation, they had a very strong squad. Hibs hardly have a squad let alone one driven by a determination to right a wrong of being relegated on a high points total and the thinnest of margins. Hibs is a club in turmoil at present and Butcher has proved already that he is a de-motivator at Easter Road.

Just like Moyes, Butcher's never had 'his team'. But just like Moyes, I can't blame the Board for saying 'we don't trust you with money after what you have done so far'. Just completely lacking in class. No sympathy.

De-motivator--- or just not able to motivate?

The latter can only come from the heart not the wallet!

Many posters on here like to take what Richie Foran says as being as gospel. For example, Graeme Shinnie's going nowhere, says Richie and, the boys have bought into Yogi's training methods and style of play.  

So we can assume he was also telling the truth when describing Terry as 'a great motivator' - this, being after Butcher had left and Richie didn't have to necessarily toe-the-party-line.

"We're fully focused, training has been excellent in the past few days - the boys here have a great attitude.

The gaffer was a great motivator, but our players motivate themselves. It's not going to be a problem at all." http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24924203

De-motivator--- or just not able to motivate?

The latter can only come from the heart not the wallet!

Many posters on here like to take what Richie Foran says as being as gospel. For example, Graeme Shinnie's going nowhere, says Richie and, the boys have bought into Yogi's training methods and style of play.

So we can assume he was also telling the truth when describing Terry as 'a great motivator' - this, being after Butcher had left and Richie didn't have to necessarily toe-the-party-line.

"We're fully focused, training has been excellent in the past few days - the boys here have a great attitude.

The gaffer was a great motivator, but our players motivate themselves. It's not going to be a problem at all." http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24924203

Who knows? What I can imagine is shortly after starting to manage a new club announcing that many of the players aren't good enough and will be got rid of at the end of the season is not likely to be motivating.

Would love to be a fly on the wall at ER this afternoon. TB's in the unenviable position of (a) being sacked or (b) having to accept that he'll have no say on the running of the club except the hoofball side. Sacked, left by mutual consent, resigned or staying and toing the line of the CEO - which way will it fall?!!! :ponder:

Edited by PerfICT

My emotions on this are no longer stable.

Revenge is not one of my active traits because life is short and it has little positive about it . So for him....

Best to move on to more productive things. Bit if he is gone the question for T. B. is.....what have I learned from this disaster and is my head and my definition and commitment to loyalty one iota smaller and more clearly defined, respectively?

BBC: "Dempster and Petrie will now hold discussions with other members of the Easter Road board before deciding on whether to keep Butcher in place."

I would presume that a large part of yesterday's meeting would have been about money - either the pay-off sums for the management team, or if Hibs are willing to give them another chance, persuading them to accept significantly lower pay than their current contracts entitle them to.