Ten4

Confirmation: 

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140610/terry-butcher_2262950_3895617

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27783337

Oh dear .... :ohmy:   ...... "Unfortunately assistant manager Maurice Malpas is abroad on holiday at present and I want to meet him on his return to explain the situation at the club."

Crazy decision by Hibs. I have mixed emotions.

On the one hand, serves him right for walking out on us. There's always going to be some bitterness when someone decides they can do better and 'dumps' you.

On the other hand, I'm appreciative of and grateful for the fantastic job he did for us.

It wasn't unreasonable for him to have a crack at a bigger club. He'd earned it. Hibs are a sleeping giant. (20,000 seater stadium, £5,000,000 training complex, Capital of Scotland). They've been rotten for years, and have a squad full of overpaid, overblown Championship / League 2 level players. Butcher isn't to blame for this. He has a proven track record of building good teams from scratch on a shoestring budget, as he proved year after year for us. It's an absolute joke that they've sacked him before he's had a chance to bring in his own players.

• Agree 4

No cause for gloating on here.  Butcher made a massive error of judgement in going to Hibs - he should have stayed with us until the end of the season and then gone.  Had he done so, his reputation would have been high, he could have rebuilt Hibs and we would have been top 3 and looking forward to Europe. Butcher, Malpas and Marsella put together the team that we are tellling other clubs to keep their hands off.  The team played for Butcher in a way they never have for Yogi.  Hibs weren't the only team to rapidly slide......

No cause for gloating on here.  Butcher made a massive error of judgement in going to Hibs - he should have stayed with us until the end of the season and then gone.  Had he done so, his reputation would have been high, he could have rebuilt Hibs and we would have been top 3 and looking forward to Europe. Butcher, Malpas and Marsella put together the team that we are tellling other clubs to keep their hands off.  The team played for Butcher in a way they never have for Yogi.  Hibs weren't the only team to rapidly slide......

You old spoil sport you! :-)

Have you just woken up. Where have you been? I`ve been waiting for your in depth analysis of the situation before I myself can gather my thoughts

and all you can give me is :lol:

I am with AlexJones on this one, to me this decision by Leann not going to help Hibs at a time when the most important thing is to get themselves back into the top division.

Terry has now got his comeuppance for the manner in which he deserted us, that is pleasing but for me he did a very great deal for our club and through his staff brought in a nucleus of players who could well give us the most entertaining and successful season ever and for that I applaud him.

Leann has rushed into this, swayed by the wrong element of so called fans and the power struggle within the boardroom, in doing so she has made a blueprint that could well come back to haunt her. She has fired a manager with a proven track record of revitalising a squad without giving him any chance of proving himself at what he is best at doing. I wouldn't care to be in her position should she fail to bring the Leith side back out of the mire in very quick time.

'Bye Terry you certainly got it all wrong that time....hope you learn from it!!!! 

• Agree 1

No matter your opinion on the man, I personally think the situation for managers in football is absolute madness. I know it's a result driven sport but no one is given any time these days. Being sacked after 7 months after inheriting a crap team is just mental, plus after releasing half the squad they now have no manager roughly 6 weeks before pre season. Looks like the hibs board are resigned to staying in the championship got at least 2 years! On Stuart McCall going there, not a chance, who is going to give up a team that consistently finishes top 3 and has European football next year for the championship?

All in all the heart and soul of football is getting ripped out of it and it is purely about making money these days.

• Agree 1

I have no doubt that given time TB might have managed to spark Hibs back into life ... but therein lies his first and potentially biggest mistake. Did his ego make him think that he would be the first Hibs manager in recent history that would actually be given any time? He has a record of being piss poor to begin with at most clubs, but when given time (eg 'Well and ICT), and allowed to assemble his own squad, then he has proved he can turn things around or at least have them heading in the right direction.

I have said it before, and will say it again ... I thank TB for what he achieved at ICT, for the players he brought in, and the raised profile he afforded us. It is appreciated and will be looked on fondly .... but, he chose to turn around and bite the hand that fed him, and would have fed him for life had he wanted it, and for the utterly disrespectful manner in which he did so I can offer no sympathy for him whatsoever. He got what was coming to him plain and simple !

• Agree 9

You have to feel a bit sorry for Hibs - no team, no manager, no budget - a CEO who's been in the job 5 minutes, a Chairman who's the toast of Edinburgh, and an army of angry fans.....

Maybe they should merge with Hearts...... :ponder:  

• Agree 1