Ten4

Oh well, looks like he'll have to suffice with the own brand bottles of Claret for a bit. Haw haw haw!

He can stay well away. Made his bed.

I'd take Marsella back though I reckon.

You might, but I don't think the players would!!

With a lost dressing room and a personality that clearly showed that he would also throw players under the bus if things did not improve in the short term he was cooked from the start. Empathy and diplomacy seems to have gone under that bus as well as far as his motivational efforts were concerned.

It has also occurred to me that the Hibs players sussed him out even before he arrived at Easter Road. They knew the background to his arrival and the way it was , IMHO, engineered well in advance of his departure from ICT.

If I am correct, they did not trust him from the start and contempt for the man after he sat in the stand with the Hibs management to watch the last Hibs V ICT game could have made them really cynical about this fella. Especially when he threatened their jobs.... that was probably the final straw for the players and the straw that broke Terry butcher's management back. The Hibs players did seem to work very hard to rescue the season but psychologically it's very probable that their heart was not in it under TB .

And that MAY be one of the significant reasons why Leann dumped him before the new season started. 

As I said before,  she is an intuitive person I think and realised that for the Hibees T B was a loser.

J Hughes is a straight shooter compared to T Butcher and we are finally lucky that all has been revealed in the comparison between the two Managers.

• Agree 2

Man or Moyes  - I think the jury is out

Butcher saying he would drop the lot  and play the Youth team,  after the Partick Thistle match,

Rather than motivate the Hibs players seemed to demotivate them

However I think Hibs will struggle to get a better manager , and the people laughing will be Rangers and Hearts

Because a Hibernian led by Butcher would have been a fierce rival. Especially with a new built team in his own image and likeness.

Some of these players don't know how lucky they are. I spent 30 years in the Fire Service with fierce discipline.

Playing football for a living, I shold be so lucky

Butcher saying he would drop the lot  and play the Youth team,  after the Partick Thistle match,

However I think Hibs will struggle to get a better manager , and the people laughing will be Rangers and Hearts

Because a Hibernian led by Butcher would have been a fierce rival. Especially with a new built team in his own image and likeness.

Some of these players don't know how lucky they are. I spent 30 years in the Fire Service with fierce discipline.

If the Rangers are laughing it certainly won't be all the way to the bank unless it's to hand over the keys to Ibrox and Murray Park.

If the Rangers are laughing it certainly won't be all the way to the bank unless it's to hand over the keys to Ibrox and Murray Park.

I meant laughing because Butch going would make their task easier in their quest for promotion

I see Butcher's predecessor Pat Fenlon has been offered a couple of jobs in the island of Ireland.  I think he'd be a good choice for a number of Scottish clubs.  He underestimated the SPL during Hibs but given a clean slate, his background and the benefit of experience, I could really see him do something. Agree?

I see Butcher's predecessor Pat Fenlon has been offered a couple of jobs in the island of Ireland.  I think he'd be a good choice for a number of Scottish clubs.  He underestimated the SPL during Hibs but given a clean slate, his background and the benefit of experience, I could really see him do something. Agree?

:amazed:

At the time I posted that I would not have been unhappy to see Fenlon at the TCS as Butcher's replacement and still believe that might have been a better option than Hughes.

:amazed:

Starchief, in your post  post 507 you said........ Agree?

May I ask why?

Hibs was a great opportunity for him to show what he is made of yet he also did not pull the chestnuts out of the fire. And at the end he appeared to quit--- i.e he gave up.

So did he lose" the dressing room as well? And, if yes, why?

You don't need to agree.  That's why the question mark.  As I said, I thought he dramatically under-estimated the SPL - probably too much comparison with the Irish League.  He still did get to a cup final and did far better than some other ol'manager - possibly even to top six.  His pedigree suggests that he does have the ability.  I suspect he would be able to take the Hibs experience on board with a different team and do better.

If you look purely at his record as Hibs manager he wasn't that bad.  Not necessarily a roaring success but not the abject failure that Hibs fans would have you believe.  Hibs fans wanted him out and refused to be swayed on that.  He quit because he had no chance, the fans wanted him out at all costs.  Look where that's got them!

I think we are a lot better of with JH than Fat Penlon but not saying he couldn't do a job with us or any other Scottish club.

He also looks like Penfold.

I see Alan Stubbs is the new Hibs Manager. Hopefully see them, Hearts and Rangers back in the Premiership sooner rather than later

Happy to see the Edinburgh clubs back up. Less so to see the toxic Bigot Brothers re-united as a double act.

• Agree 3

I see Alan Stubbs is the new Hibs Manager. Hopefully see them, Hearts and Rangers back in the Premiership sooner rather than later

You've never been to The Rangers away, have you?

TB was on the sky sports news world cup report yesterday morning.

He was quite good actually the usual humour & articulate use of words maybe he should stick to this being on the tv.

Obviously he is still a legend down south & no doubt he will forge out a media career of some sort there.

Hope he still plugs Inverness & the Highlands in the good way he used to.

• Agree 2

Reports down here in the New Zealand press say that Butcher is on a shortlist for the vacant All Whites Coaching role.  Other candidates on the shortlist are Iain Dowie and Lawrie Sanchez.  

Seemingly more than 100 applications were received from across the globe.

Would be a nice job to get though - frequent travel to Fiji, The Cook Islands, Tonga, Samoa, Tahiti, New Caledonia, Vanuatu and The Solomon Islands as well as numerous parts of Asia. A  bit different from going to Dundee, Aberdeen, Motherwell  Paisley and occasionally Buckie.

Reports down here in the New Zealand press say that Butcher is on a shortlist for the vacant All Whites Coaching role.

Would be a nice job to get though - frequent travel to Fiji, The Cook Islands, Tonga, Samoa, Tahiti, New Caledonia, Vanuatu and The Solomon Islands as well as numerous parts of Asia.

But do they have a bridge and a castle?

Reports down here in the New Zealand press say that Butcher is on a shortlist for the vacant All Whites Coaching role.

Would be a nice job to get though - frequent travel to Fiji, The Cook Islands, Tonga, Samoa, Tahiti, New Caledonia, Vanuatu and The Solomon Islands as well as numerous parts of Asia.

But do they have a bridge and a castle?

No Castles, but they all do have beautiful reefs, beaches, weather, food and a wonderful friendly laid back lifestyle that is beguiling and infectious. Once you are there you don't want to leave.