The new manager thread

Yngwie

Barry Ferguson with Archie Knox as Assistant would make a great team........

Barry 'back pass' would teach the midfielders a thing or two  :amazed:

Let's be fair it's Barry 'square ball' Ferguson.

I don't want anyone back. If Terry goes then we need a clean slate and allow someone new the chance to come in and make their mark on the club. Need to get past old memories and look to the future.

• Agree 1

Don't want Robbo back myself.  He's been very poor post-ICT and his constant touting for the job, including popping up on here as a poster, really comes across as desperation.

Edited by Renegade

To be honest , you have to feel sorry for whoever takes over , as appears the case right now

Life as An ICTFC supporter will never be this good again , thats for sure

Don't agree. We have lost good and successful managers before and the club has continued to prosper and progress. If Butcher goes there is no reason why we can't continue to progress assuming we appoint the right successor and the club have a pretty good record in that respect.

The best has yet to come.

• Agree 1

To be honest , you have to feel sorry for whoever takes over , as appears the case right now

Don't agree. We have lost good and successful managers before and the club has continued to prosper and progress. If Butcher goes there is no reason why we can't continue to progress assuming we appoint the right successor and the club have a pretty good record in that respect.

The best has yet to come.

Fair enough Kingsmills .. and your thoughts command respect of course .

I hope you're right I really do

I just think to out perform the likes of  Hibs , Hearts , Aberdeen and Dundee Utd , on a regular basis , requires some amazing performances from a Club the size of Caley Thistle

Edited by DerbyDave

I'm not even entertaining the thought of anyone who has been ICT manager before taking the job again.

Of the obvious candidates it has to be Kenny Sheils for me. He comes across a very hands on manager who seems to thrive at a small club. Does anyone remember hearing of him going around pubs in Kilmarnock trying to get people to buy season tickets or going over to talk to Killie fans who had travelled up to Inverness?

These are the sort of things that I feel can help grow our support. His entertaining style of football would also be vital.

I have spoken to many people who complained about the football on offer from previous managers.

Also lets not forget that he has won the league cup before, coul'd be valuable for us in the next few months.

Edited by Proctor
  • Agree 1

Totally disagree!! When pele left it was supposed to all fall apart, but Robbo took us to the next level. When Robbo left, brewster made us a sustainable force in the Spl. When brew left, charlie almost took us to top 6. It all went south when Brew came back. Also TB has built a side now which is better than any team we had before so the new manager has got a great chance to take us to the next level.

Also i totally believe we continue to grow as a club not just because of the manager but bcz we have a brilliant group of people behind the scenes! Lets see how well TB and co get on with petrie and the hibs mafia eh?

I appreciate that KingBeastie but think back to when Butcher took over, I would hazard a guess that some people in our support didn't like him for various reasons (previous clubs, poor track record at other clubs etc). He seemed to change a lot of people's minds.

Of the obvious candidates it has to be Kenny Sheils for me.

Spent as much time banned from the dugout as in it. Doesn't strike me as someone our directors could work with.

Winning a cup doesn't make you a good manager, you just have to win a few games for that. It's consistent league form that matters.

Killie knew exactly how good a manager he was, and sacked him as a result.

• Agree 1

I appreciate that KingBeastie but think back to when Butcher took over, I would hazard a guess that some people in our support didn't like him for various reasons (previous clubs, poor track record at other clubs etc). He seemed to change a lot of people's minds.

Yeah, I agree with that too.

I'm just saying that I personally do not like the man.  That's just based on my perception of him via the media, etc.  Certainly not saying my opinion is correct, if anything the opposite.  I have a negative opinion of the man without really knowing him.  The Killie fans certainly liked him so he can't have been all bad.