The new manager thread

Yngwie

Like a few others i wouldnt be adverse to Craig Levein. Would be interesting to see if he would take Houston with him should he come. Levein's reputation has been soured by a poor international stint but he still managed a 41% win rate which should be sniffed at. Many good managers fail on an international stage yet excel at club level.

He has a good track record in the SPL and despite his somewhat defensive approach at times i think he would bring a strong defensive platform to build on. A lot better than some of the names being banded about

Paul Sturrock--Well passed his sell by date!

Not quite sure if it is affecting his health but was he not diagnosed with Parkinson's disease?

Has had a mild form of Parkinsons for years but, as far as I am aware, it has not impacted on his ability to work.

I just don't get the enthusiasm for Levein. As a club manager, his record has been so-so, and after the disaster he had managing Scotland, I have zero confidence in him tactically, or in his ability to relate to fans and media.

This is going to be really tough - there are some shocking suggestions doing the rounds. We need a progressive manager who'll cinstantly command respect from this great group of players so that advances in January can be fended off. I have no idea who could do that, but it's not Jimmy Calderwood, Kenny Shiels etc.I will never be able to see past the 4-6-0 debacle when it comes to Levein, although maybe he could do a job (with Houston?) I love the Larsson idea for some reason, but I don't think he had much of a managerial record in Sweden and he'd probably not come anyway. Robbo and Wilson? Robertson sounded prety keen on the radio before the Hibs game (maybe I'm reading too much into it!), but I'm not convinced by the idea. Burley was excellent at Ipswich and Hearts - again couldn't cope with the Scotland job. Equally Hartley, Pressley etc: would they really command this team from the off? No idea!

Good luck to Kenny and the board - I'm sure they'll get it right.....but not Shiels or Calderwood, please.

• Agree 1

I must admit now that it's in my head I really am very keen on Paul Sturrock as boss.

Have a look at his record at similar sized clubs down south, Plymouth, Southend, etc.

"Luggy for me!  But we'll just have to wait and see!"

(The Pimple's been teaching me!)

I still don't get the antipathy towards Calderwood.  Dunfermline into Europe.  Aberdeen a relegation side before and after he left but top six with some Euro success in between.  From what I understand, did well in Holland too.  Proven manager with a strong track record. Ideal.

• Agree 1

Gary MacAllister was in Inverness last week, I know this because he had a curry in the Rajah. wonder why he was up here?

For a curry in the Rajah..

I have a friend who was recently in Tibet. She got speaking to a local there. They were making small talk and she mentioned that she was from inverness in Scotland. The guy allegedly said he knew it as he had had the BEST curry he ever tasted there, at a small indian resteraunt, behind the Post Office. Small world eh

• Agree 1