The new manager thread

Yngwie

How is Steven Pressley's situation at Coventry? Played lovely football at Falkirk and has carried that on down there. With Coventry's well publicised problems maybe he would fancy a move back home? We have the compensation money to spend!

No thanks. Claimed league one down there was better than spl standard.

probably is

How is Steven Pressley's situation at Coventry? Played lovely football at Falkirk and has carried that on down there. With Coventry's well publicised problems maybe he would fancy a move back home? We have the compensation money to spend!

No thanks. Claimed league one down there was better than spl standard.

Probably is

• Agree 1

Looks like the club have an idea who they might want

Last week - Lazlo's agent notes interest if the vacancy arises

This week - ICT tell him that if he wants to be considered he'll need to apply for the job

Doesn't mean that ICT want him, just that they'd be interested in seeing his CV, along with many others no doubt.

Why ridiculous?  He did well with Hearts in an impossible situation.

This quote from a Hearts fan on another forum doesn't fill me with confidence:

My biggest memories of Csaba's reign at Tynecastle (apart from the legendary interviews) is the lone striker role being given to defensive players, including Ismael Bouzid, Adrian Mrowiec, and Eggert Jonnson.

Why ridiculous?  He did well with Hearts in an impossible situation.

Fair enough he did well but there are other candidates that would be much better for ICT.

Can't see it tbh. I very much doubt the press have a clue who we are approaching tbh but they need to write something.

Looks like the club have an idea who they might want

Last week - Lazlo's agent notes interest if the vacancy arises

This week - ICT tell him that if he wants to be considered he'll need to apply for the job

Doesn't mean that ICT want him, just that they'd be interested in seeing his CV, along with many others no doubt.

This.

If you think Levein is defensive wait till you see Lazlo. I Took my wife (jambo) to see falkirk - hearts boxing day 09. Bairns were bottom, hearts were third. Hearts got a pen in 5th min and went 1-0 up. They sat in for rest of game....

Honestly one of the most boring games ive ever witnessed and you know its bad when jambos start leaving with 20 mins to go saying "had enough of this p1sh"

On a side note, falkirk and hearts fans had a snowball fight outside ground, was hilarious. Then the po tried to stop it....

although i do not like the idea of csaba lazslo being the manager I do like the suggestion of Barry Wilson coming in as assistant manager. This way we can bring in someone that has never had anything to do with caley and still have someone that knows the club! 

although i do not like the idea of csaba lazslo being the manager I do like the suggestion of Barry Wilson coming in as assistant manager. This way we can bring in someone that has never had anything to do with caley and still have someone that knows the club!

If we were to bring in Barry Wilson, I think he would be a good youth coach.

Really all depends on the new manager and who he wants with him.

Would be happy with Levein or Hartley. I think Levein would be good for the club if you ask me and Hartley like others have said, could be a hidden gem. Does anyone have any idea of Hartsons reputation as a coach? Like the idea of a young high profile manager with good contacts within the game, might be what we need to retain the players we have too. Maybe a bit early for Barry Wilson but def one for the future, same with Sheerin.

Edited by LundavraJag

Guest Mahonio

Surprised Hartson being mentioned, it won't happen as the reason he resigned as Wales assistant was due to fact he wanted to concentrate on his family or something to that effect.

Laszlo wouldn't be my first choice but, remember, he played either Nade or defenders up front because he wasn't allowed to sign anyone.  In fact, he publicly came out and stated that Hearts needed to sign strikers:

"If you look at the table, we have played 18 games and scored 21 goals. That shows where we have problems."

In fact, he was sacked for demanding new strikers:

"The last meeting with the owner was positive and I told him that we need fresh blood up front"

...and then he was gone!

Wouldn't be disappointed by Csaba.

Looks like the club have an idea who they might want - http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/3467651

No chance of this happening.  The club rightly have said if you are interested then send a cv.  Who does he think he is, Graeme Souness! It is similar to the Warnock thing, Lazlo is reminding people that he is out there looking for a job.