The new manager thread

Yngwie

Guest Mahonio

Ian Holloway anyone? No..I'm not being serious! Hope Caley can sort a replacement out fairly quickly. it's been three weeks without one at Palace, and some (just some) of the natives are going 'stir crazy' with the speculation! Too late for me..... I went crazy years ago...which is why supporting ICT as well, is a blessed relief

It doesn't help when the 2 leading contenders get taken by other clubs, Aitor Karanka to Middlesbrough and Rene Meulensteen to Fulham so who does that leave for Palace, Alex McLeish and Dan Petrescu?

Ian Holloway anyone? No..I'm not being serious!    Hope Caley can sort a replacement out fairly quickly. it's been three weeks without one at Palace, and some (just some) of the natives are going 'stir crazy' with the speculation!  Too late for me..... I went crazy years ago...which is why supporting ICT as well, is a blessed relief

I think we should look into this as a replacement for Maurice Malpas.......in the Christmas Quiz - What a quality night that would be!

Edited by ICTRoughi

Like it or not, he ticks a lot of the boxes.

- Up to date experience of the league we are in

- Used to working with a limited budget

- Relatively successful, punched above weight

- Salary affordable

- Geography not a problem

Although going against him:

- his personality

- the fans would hate him

- the players would hate him

- he's Derek Adams

• Agree 3

Like it or not, he ticks a lot of the boxes.

- Up to date experience of the league we are in

- Salary affordable

- his personality

- he's Derek Adams

Also another thing that would be good about him is that if he was to take our job then he could take his old man with him aswell who I think finds most of the players for Ross County. Would be a good replacement for Steve Marsella.

Like it or not, he ticks a lot of the boxes.

- Up to date experience of the league we are in

- Salary affordable

- his personality

- he's Derek Adams

Also another thing that would be good about him is that if he was to take our job then he could take his old man with him aswell who I think finds most of the players for Ross County. Would be a good replacement for Steve Marsella.

No just No!

• Agree 1

Derek Adams is a good tactician - much better than Butcher. And, historically, we tend to go for up-and-coming managers. I'd be happy if he's appointed as manager. Paddy power quoting 6/1...

Edited by TopSix

Derek Adams is a good tactician - much better than Butcher. And, historically, we tend to go for up-and-coming managers. I'd be happy if he's appointed as manager. Paddy power quoting 6/1...

I would definitely take him too, especially with George Adams in tow, now that we've lost Marsella. He's always come across as a bitter whinger and his teams' football hasn't always been that pretty to watch, but he knows the Highlands well, is used to working on a tight budget and I think he did pretty well in the transfer window last season. It's no surprise they've struggled a bit this season having lost arguably four of their best players over summer, but I reckon he could do a decent job with our squad.

Don't think there's any chance of getting him, btw, even if the board was so-minded.   

• Agree 1

Evidence please ? , on what basis do you make such a statement ?

Sour grapes / total bollocks are words that spring to mind