The new manager thread

Yngwie

Getting on for a hundred potential new managers mentioned on this thread now. I still think there's a fair chance that the new man will be someone not even among them.

Totally agree with you Kingsmills.

Given our current status as 2nd best team in Scotland there's a fair chance several hundred more will apply.

I just hope KC wades thru the sh*te and then appoints Paul Sturrock.....

• Agree 1

The more I've thought about it (and after hearing him interviewed on Radio Scotland on Saturday), the job has to go to Paul Hartley.

Seems to becoming a popular choice. Aberdeen have McInnes, Dun Utd have McNamara, Killie have Johnston,all young managers with

ambition & potential to reach the top of the game,

no reason why we cant give the gig to Hartley?

The more I've thought about it (and after hearing him interviewed on Radio Scotland on Saturday), the job has to go to Paul Hartley.

Seems to becoming a popular choice. Aberdeen have McInnes, Dun Utd have McNamara, Killie have Johnston,all young managers with

ambition & potential to reach the top of the game,

no reason why we cant give the gig to Hartley?

Reminds me of Ian McCall, Billy Kirkwood and our very own Craig Brewster (amongst a whole host of others).  All sought-after young managers in their day.

I'm sure all the managers interested will have applied by now. I know we'll never get to see the list of applicants but I'd imagine there would be nearly 100.

A big job this week for the chairman to whittle it down to a short-list. Then the actual interviews - sometimes some of these are conducted outwith Inverness. Probably 2nd interviews too. Certainly, the new man won't be in place for the St. Johnstone game...and possibly not even the cup game with Morton the week after.

Slightly more in favour of Shiels after watching that 20 minute clip in its entirety. It certainly shows another side to him but isn't that the idea of the video anyway? Its PR/Marketing 1.0.1. ..... Film him as a humble and deep thinking average working guy with the aim of showing how he has been demonised in the media and use it to offset the sometimes ludicrous comments he made when journalists pushed buttons which they knew would get the desired reaction.  not quite there yet? ok, throw in a jokey chat with the assistant at the end to cement the whole thing. I remember seeing Robbo and Park doing exactly the same routine !

I have no clue who should be our next manager. Being on the other side of the pond I have to admit to not being up on what the likes of Hartley, Sheerin or others are doing right now in terms of success, and out of all the names mentioned, only Robbo is front and centre for me and mostly because he is not a manager these days.

Bottom line, this is a huge decision for the club and I am going to put my faith and trust in Kenny Cameron and the board to make the right decision. If they feel Kenny Shiels is the right man, I will get behind him. If they feel it is Robbo and Barry then the same will apply and the same goes for Hartley, Sheerin, Levein, Burley or anyone else.

• Agree 1

I'm sure all the managers interested will have applied by now. I know we'll never get to see the list of applicants but I'd imagine there would be nearly 100.

A big job this week for the chairman to whittle it down to a short-list. Then the actual interviews - sometimes some of these are conducted outwith Inverness. Probably 2nd interviews too. Certainly, the new man won't be in place for the St. Johnstone game...and possibly not even the cup game with Morton the week after.

Should imagine the coaching team will be in the dugout at the weekend.

Should imagine the coaching team will be in the dugout at the weekend.

Almost certainly. Apparently the board are looking to have drawn up a short list of half a dozen or so by the weekend.

Ahh yes Chris Sutton. The player manager who relegated Lincoln and currently manages Wroxham of the Isthmian league div 1. Oh btw thought i might just add that they're 4 th bottom of the league just now. Hmmm ye he sounds like shortlist material......

To be fair, Sutton managed to avoid relegation with Lincoln and to take them on a half decent FA Cup run despite difficult off field circumstances at the club.

Wouldn't be my choice but best to get the facts straight.

Please not Chris Sutton.... Honestly ICT, we really need someone who has experience or plays the style of football we play, not someone who will probably change the whole team about! Anyway where on earth did that deal suddenly come from to become bookies favourite?!

This is actually a very good article though: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/443799/Chris-Sutton-favourite-for-Caley-Thistle-post

Edited by HeScoresWhenHeWants

Calderwood, Sheils, Robbo and Barry Wilson , Paul Hartley etc. My head is spinning.

But Paul Hartley is an up and coming , dynamic and successful younger man with a very bright future and  he appears to be thirsty for success but he is also popular with his players who admire him and apparently look to him for guidance.

And his recent past record speaks for itself. And how !!! :clapoverhead:

Reeking with determination and ambition, he also appears to be a very good strategist with a very hard-headed, visionary mind and approach to doing business. 

From what I have read, his success has not (yet) gone to his head and he has that down-to-earth character that attracts compliments and loyalty from his players.

Whoever is appointed will be under intense scrutiny and appraisal until he proves himself.
Hartley has undoubtedly proved himself at the lower levels of Scottish football but a step up to the Spl with the now, also, ambitious and dynamic Caley Thistle team is a significant challenge and would either be one step too far for him or two steps in front of everybody else.

But football is football whether it is played in a back street in Glasgow or the Longman at Inverness and once someone gets a grip on his new job then he either is a determined winner  or not.

I like him and he gets my vote, because I think he is a winner and has the ability to fit in seamlessly into the Caley Thistle set-up.

And, hopefully, the team will grow along with him.

However, the choice of assistant coach will be critical for him to achieve the peaks. :thumbup:

• Agree 1

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/443799/Chris-Sutton-favourite-for-Caley-Thistle-post

Even though it's only speculation but if you're reading this Kenny Cameron - Don't choose Chris Sutton! The only way I would consider Chris Sutton as a first team coach along side Henrik Larsson as Manager and John Hartson as an assistant. Sure that's very Celtic minded but the three of them in their prime were the best strike force in Scotland and would teach Billy McKay and young Toby a thing or two!

But please not Chris Sutton as manager!

• Agree 1

Apparently at least 3 bookies now have him as hot favourite.  2nd in the league with a team secure till the end of next season and a stable and sensible Board, the club should be able to attract an excellent short list.  It appears that there are a lot of candidates from which a good shortlist should be able to be produced.  I cannot see how Sutton could possibly find his way onto the short list with his extremely modest record to date.  Can anyone give any explanation why he has suddenly appeared as a hot favourite for the post? 

Has our former manager been spending his much increased salary by placing silly bids just to cause alarm?