The new manager thread

Yngwie

I get the feeling Robbo would stay for life for either a manager or coaching position.  I don't think it's the same as before.  I'd love to see Robbo and Foran, plus Paterson as scout, develop an old Liverpool boot room over the next decade.  Real continuity in the coaching staff.

I'm saying Kenny Shiels now, I dont think Sutton would be a success IMHO or Robbo but I think Shiels, although he could get us in trouble if he's not careful, would be a good youth developer and a good coach so I'm saying him now. People say that he blew it at Killie but everybody makes mistakes and I think a second chance for him would possibly bring the best outta him. Also with us in the LC Semi he did win the LC at Killie so there's another positive note to look at.

Edited by HeScoresWhenHeWants

Il be scout. If The club put me through my driving license and il happily travel to the lowers reaches of English football to watch games. :lol:

Do you remember the dream? I'll buy back the Micra and we can hit Concord Rangers this weekend.

100% this is the opportunity we've been waiting for let's Persue the dream! Concord rangers away!

I'm led to believe Sutton is a rather defensive-minded manager - not what he need or would suit us.  His record at Lincoln was 27% won, 25% draw and 47% lost.  The more I think about him, the more I can't understand why he's even in the running...if he is of course.

Edited by Renegade

"Kenny Shiels is top of the shortlist according to Daily Record. I would be pleased with that if true. Him and Jimmy Nicholl would be great additions to the club but just hope he doesn't draw bad press"

Jimmy Nick would be a great addition to to the club.........along with the much more stable, proven and qualified Jimmy Calderwood IMO

Edited by Donview

Would prefer Hartley over Shiels but if its him and Nicholl Id give them my full support...still convinced Hartley is the better choice though Not like we dont have the cash.

I'm warming to Shiels, his experience and all round work ethic could work well in our small community. Hartley is an up and coming young manager who would be away at the first call from a bigger club and lets face it, there are probably 10 bigger clubs considering facilities etc. 

• Agree 1

My guess for interviewees:

Hartley

Robertson

G Burley

Shiels

Tapia

+1 from Sutton, Larsson, Hartson (what's with the septic link?!), Sturrock? Lazlo? I'm assuming that Levein is not interested.

I've put the first 5 in order of my own preference. Of the others, Sturrock could do a job (health?) and Larrsson still intrigues me for some illogical reason. I doubt Hartson would be interested because of his media commitments and I think Sutton would be a disaster - how could you justify him over just about anybody else on this list?

I'm warming to Shiels, his experience and all round work ethic could work well in our small community. Hartley is an up and coming young manager who would be away at the first call from a bigger club and lets face it, there are probably 10 bigger clubs considering facilities etc. 

I have no difficulty with successful managers moving on as we are a relatively small club and will always be limited in what we can offer managers in terms of salary and player budget

Compensation for Paterson, Robertson, Brewster and Butcher moving over the years has probably amounted to the best part of a million pounds.

Shiels or Hartley would do me fine and I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the interviews.  

One name that has never really been mentioned over the last couple of weeks is Billy Reid who I think did amazing things at a club the size of Hamilton.  Maybe he was there too long in the end but he got them into the SPL and developed some brilliant players who served the Accies well before going on to bigger things.  Perhaps he should have gone to Swansea when he had the chance.

Perhaps he should have gone to Swansea when he had the chance.

Don't believe the hype, if he genuinely had the chance to go to Swansea he would have gone.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the interviews.  

In these days of webcams and Caleyjags TV, it should be possible!

Quote from: http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/ICT-draw-up-shortlist-for-new-boss-21112013.htm

"The board has, after careful consideration of a huge inflow of applications, decided on a short leet for the managerial vacancy," he (Kenny Cameron) said.

Leet = a special annual or semiannual court in which the lords of certain manors had jurisdiction over local disputes.

Interesting way of going about it!

• Agree 1

I'm quite sure Billy Reid will have applied for the post but I doubt he's been short-listed. We've built our reputation and stock much higher these days and are in the position to be able to sift out the 'journeymen' merry-go-round managers! There are candidates of a far higher calibre to choose from.

I will run naked around the stadium before the Morton game if he's unveiled as the new boss. And you really don't want to see that. :redcard:

• Agree 2

I've been watching the odds over the past few days and they are really just influenced by what is in the papers.  If a manager who has applied and has been contacted and made the shortlist but not said anything publicly you will get very good odds on them.

(I hope that's the case with Luggy's odds!)

I'm led to believe Sutton is a rather defensive-minded manager - not what he need or would suit us.  His record at Lincoln was 27% won, 25% draw and 47% lost.  The more I think about him, the more I can't understand why he's even in the running...if he is of course.

What happened in the other 1% of games

For goodness sake Will the board pull their finger out and appoint a manager

The Queen Mother in her castle once sang " Why are we waiting " when her dinner was not on time

Time we got a manager, all this  phissing about is getting me down for one