The new manager thread

Yngwie

It would be interesting to get someone who is a tactician. Butcher was a motivator, Malpas was good at organisation but I don't believe either were particularly adept at reacting and making appropriate and timely changes either to style or personel in the course of games.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 1

It would be interesting to get someone who is a tactician. Butcher was a motivator, Malpas was good at organisation but I don't believe either were particularly adept at reacting and making appropriate and timely changes either to style or personel in the course of games.

^ This.

I think of all the names in the running as far as we know, Paul Hartley and an experienced assistant (someone of the Duncan Shearer, Jimmy Nicholl, Donald Park ilk) would be a fantastic coup for the club.

Him and Jimmy Nicholl would be a great pairing but I think Paul would want his own assistant. 

For me, Foran's decision has changed the requirements for the job. I had thought that character would be required to keep the squad together through Jan. I think Foran can do that now, so we can be a bit more adventurous and I think I'd now like to join the Hartley harem...

Just get the guy who will deliver a trophy this year and secure our future as a consistent top 3 team. Can't be that tricky....

I have to say that I thought we would have heard more by now. Even rumours are pretty thin on the ground at the moment. I think this is what is throwing the bookies odds all over the shop as no-one has really given anything away as to what we're going to do

If, as we are led to believe, interviews are still being undertaken at the moment then it us unlikely a decision would be made by the board before Thursday/Friday at the earliest and then an announcement/unveiling on Friday or the beginning of next week.

I certainly am not worried about the fact that Shearer, Kellacher and Foran are still running the show but I thought we would have something a bit more concrete to go on by now

Much better to get the decision is right rather than quick.

Agreed but we have made a few astute and successful managerial appointments in the past and its never taken this long. Just seems to me to be taking quite a long time, its been 2 full weeks we have been without a manager and that's excluding the 3 days of limbo after Butchers antics at the Hibs v ICT game. Maybe its just my impatience shining through :crazy:

I have to say that I thought we would have heard more by now. Even rumours are pretty thin on the ground at the moment. I think this is what is throwing the bookies odds all over the shop as no-one has really given anything away as to what we're going to do

If, as we are led to believe, interviews are still being undertaken at the moment then it us unlikely a decision would be made by the board before Thursday/Friday at the earliest and then an announcement/unveiling on Friday or the beginning of next week.

I certainly am not worried about the fact that Shearer, Kellacher and Foran are still running the show but I thought we would have something a bit more concrete to go on by now

Good that nothing has leaked out from club ..all speculation..

Would rather they took there time and get right person for job.

I don't have a problem with Shearer ,Kellacher and Foran

at helm for however long it takes at least they know the team.

Would rather they took *there *time and get right person for job.

oops *their *

Would rather they took there time and get right person for job.

Is that because Grazza Bennett has left the building?