The new manager thread

Yngwie

Levine's record is nothing to write home about. He had modest 'success' at Hearts and Dundee United. Finishing relatively high up the SPL with one of the biggest budgets in the SPL doesn't impress me. Any average manager could achieve that. His teams usually play ugly, negative football. He was an absolute disaster at Leicester and the worst, and most hated Scotland manager ever.

Hartley has taken Alloa way further than an average manager would be able to. He's shown he can work with a small budget to produce teams capable of punching above their weight, whilst even playing attractive football. Exactly what we need.  

Also, after failing big time at Leicester, he took over at Raith Rovers (then in Division 2) and is supposedly statistically one of their worst managers ever (one win in seven games or something).

If we go for him and he fails big time, which is not impossible at all, you can't say the warning signs weren't there.

Imo, it will be one from Craig Levein, Kenny Shiels, Paul Hartley or John Hughes.

May be wrong with Levein and Shiels though as we don't ken if they've been interviewed or not.

John Hughes has seemingly been interviewed according to the Daily Express.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/445506/John-Hughes-interviewed-by-Inverness-for-manager-post

Aside from paper-talk, If I'm not mistaken, the only concrete facts we know are that the club has interviewed Paul Hartley. Everything else is speculation!

Supposedly, Hartley was at the Hibs-Accies U20 game on Tuesday.  Now I know he used to play for both teams, but I wonder if he checking some stuff out for later fixtures he could be involved in.

Or maybe casting his eyes over a young player or two to bring to Alloa on loan.

Leicester were nearly bankrupt. Levein's job was to get the wage and age down. He was angry that the backing from the board disappeared, even though they said they would support him losing millions of pounds of players without adequate replacement meaning a relegation fight.  I think he was niaive there.

He did well at Hearts.  Can't deny that.  At DU though, he took over a failing club (from Brewster).  Completely turned it around.  Played good football (not negative) and did well on tactics.  Hence, why he was offered the Scotland job.

The Scotland job didn't suit him but can't deny he is a good club manager.  If it's between Craig and Hartley, there's nothing to choose.  I'd be happy with either.  Prefer Hartley if he has a good assistant that's worked in full-time football.  His own version of Donald Park as it were. But wouldn't be disappointed by Levein.  Hartley is a bigger risk.

• Agree 1

What happened to Kevin MacDonald, take it he's not on shortlist as its gone very quiet regarding him, same with Gus MacPherson?

Haven't heard either mentioned about since Butcher went.  Kevin MacDonald was quite high in the odds for a while and IMO could have been a good choice.  MacPherson wouldn't be that great I don't think.

Chances are MacPherson has not been interviewed, and MacDonald did not apply or declined to be interviewed.

Edited by Renegade

Imo, it will be one from Craig Levein, Kenny Shiels, Paul Hartley or John Hughes.

May be wrong with Levein and Shiels though as we don't ken if they've been interviewed or not.

John Hughes has seemingly been interviewed according to the Daily Express.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/445506/John-Hughes-interviewed-by-Inverness-for-manager-post

Aside from paper-talk, If I'm not mistaken, the only concrete facts we know are that the club has interviewed Paul Hartley. Everything else is speculation!

I must have missed the clubs press release on Paul Hartley being interviewed!

Besides, Hamilton Accies are on the skids aren't they? 

So, if this is still the case, then he must have been there to run the rule over the young players that he might be able to get for his own team. Good thinking Paul.--obviously into touch with reality.

Hamilton are top of their league and are one of the few clubs in the country with money in the bank.

Can we all just sing at tomorrows game ``theres only one Paul Hartley`` that should solve the problem :cheer01: ! 

Or, Caley D could dig out his radio mike and take to the pitch at half time to read out a list of candidates. We can then elect the new manager democratically on a show of hands.

Shouldn't take too long to count given the likely crowd tomorrow.

Yeah, it's been impressive how little info has leaked out during the recruitment process. Frustratingly impressive! But an indication that we conduct our business in the correct manner.

Are there any bookies offering odds at the moment? I can't find any online.

That's because the Heathmount punters don't have the same access to inside info anymore. :wink:

Levine's record is nothing to write home about. He had modest 'success' at Hearts and Dundee United. Finishing relatively high up the SPL with one of the biggest budgets in the SPL doesn't impress me. Any average manager could achieve that. His teams usually play ugly, negative football. He was an absolute disaster at Leicester and the worst, and most hated Scotland manager ever.

Hartley has taken Alloa way further than an average manager would be able to. He's shown he can work with a small budget to produce teams capable of punching above their weight, whilst even playing attractive football. Exactly what we need.

Always wanted to visit the tulloch stadium since ict went into the top league -my mate stays on the hill on the other side of the bridge.

Please please don't appoint levein

Team Hartley has a ring to it :-)

Guest Mahonio

Do we ken who's been interviewed apart from Hartley and Hughes because club have done an excellent job of keeping quiet, this is best way to do business, even boys on last weeks Sportscene didn't have a clue and it'll be same tomorrow on both shows and Sundays episode.

Has Csaba been interviewed as he'd be my 3rd choice behind Shiels and Hartley?

I'm amazed Billy Reid is still out of a job.  Did incredible things at Accies, winning promotion twice and bringing in millions.  He'd be a real coup for a club with that behind him.

Billy Reid's a classic example of someone who stayed too long at one club (did quite well at Clyde prior to that).  Got Accies promoted and brought through some great players, before turning down Swansea and then things went a bit sour.  His team towards the end of their time in the SPL was rather poor and the 5-4-1 anti-football they were playing was dreadful to watch.  Missed out on the Airdrie job lately as well apparently.

Edited by Renegade

Do we ken who's been interviewed apart from Hartley and Hughes because club have done an excellent job of keeping quiet, this is best way to do business, even boys on last weeks Sportscene didn't have a clue and it'll be same tomorrow on both shows and Sundays episode.

Has Csaba been interviewed as he'd be my 3rd choice behind Shiels and Hartley?

Hehehehe. ^^^ doesnt have a scooby

• Agree 1