The new manager thread

Yngwie

Guest Mahonio

With Jimmy Nicholl returning to Cowdenbeath as manager, I wonder if that rules out Kenny Shiels then as he'd likely want Jimmy as assistant, think it has to be Paul Hartley imo.

Kenny Shiels 

Paul Hartley

John "Yogi" Hughes 

Chris Sutton

Craig Leven

Have all been interviewed and the board are set to discus who they want are make it down to 2 by tomorrow night and then have a manger in place by wednesday 

If we take Kenny Cameron's statement literally there must be an even number of interviewees as he indicated at the time that half of them would be interviewed later in the week due to club commitments. 

Kenny Shiels 

Paul Hartley

John "Yogi" Hughes 

Chris Sutton

Craig Leven

Have all been interviewed and the board are set to discus who they want are make it down to 2 by tomorrow night and then have a manger in place by wednesday 

Some places have their manger in place already, even though its still 24 days to christmas.

it is now down too Paul Hartley and Craig Levein in the mini shortlist of 2 [/quote

You're just guessing.

Of course he's just guessing. We all are.

Of course but in his previous post, he stated 5 managers that had been interviewed as facts and I am only assuming he was doing the same in that post.

McBookie are suggesting that the final two are Paul Hartley and John Hughes.  Probably nonsense, but it is possible.

If it is is true then, Hughes might be okay, but surely it has to be Hartley.  He ticks almost all the boxes.

McBookie are suggesting that the final two are Paul Hartley and John Hughes.  Probably nonsense, but it is possible.

If it is is true then, Hughes might be okay, but surely it has to be Hartley.  He ticks almost all the boxes.

...and he speaks English.

Seriously though, if these are indeed the final two candidates it seems that Hartley would be a choice 15 times more popular with the fans than Hughes if the poll on this site is any guide.

Given how close the club are playing their cards to their chest, I still think there could be a dark horse.

Edited by Kingsmills

And at least Hartley was professional enough to take charge of his current team while nothin has been finalised yet.

Would be a great appointment by the board

Thought that Hartley dealt with the media questioning about the ICT job very well and showed great respect for his current employers and their fans. Could teach a thing or two to some older and more experienced managers in that regard.

• Agree 1

That beard he had made him look like a tramp.

Hartley also looks a bit like someone who has a cardboard sign saying "HOMLESS AND HUNGARY EX-SOLJER PLEASE GIVE MONEY FOR DRUGS CUP OF TEA" in his back pocket.

With these comments Im assuming you're a David Beckham lookalike !!!

To be fair when I see Chris I do think 'Is that Gerard Butler straight from the set of 300?'

I probably shouldn't wear a toga and sandals and carry a sword.

I could imagine the process could be taking all this time, as the new candidate would also have to have his own assistant etc

sorted out at the same time preferably, and not drag on any further. Any chance of finding out tomorrow?

Guest Mahonio

Billy McKinlay may now be available after Martin Jol got sacked and replaced by Rene Meulensteen, he could be kept on though, depends on who Rene wants on his coaching team.