The new manager thread

Yngwie

Sky Sport says appointment  will be confirmed at new conference Wednesday,

if that is case and it is Hughes who leaked it,

and also if it is him  be fair to the fans and confirm it now

Usually clubs announce appointments and then press conferences are the next day.

It's like seeing your xmas present sitting, wrapped under the tree for a month and wondering with anticipation what is in the box. Your folks have assured you they were impressed with the quality of 'wants' you presented them with in your xmas list. 

Xmas morning, you tear open the package only to find a run-of-the-mill jumper and socks set that wasn't even on your wish list!

• Agree 2

Cant help but be really disappointed given the time it has taken to get to this decision. Hartley was my ideal choice and I think everyone elses.

Yogi would be a great appointment if we were still an aspiring team looking to push up from 8th place but we are not. Hartlepool was a sinking ship but his time at Hibs started so well with money then fell apart without. That said his time at Falkirk was a success...,more or less.

He gets my full backing if its his job but this was nowhere worth the wait. 

It's like seeing your xmas present sitting, wrapped under the tree for a month and wondering with anticipation what is in the box. Your folks have assured you they were impressed with the quality of 'wants' you presented them with in your xmas list. 

Xmas morning, you tear open the package only to find a run-of-the-mill jumper and socks set that wasn't even on your wish list!

Or bonfire night when your expecting one last massive boom as you know its coming to the end and then....

is that it?

Usually clubs announce appointments and then press conferences are the next day.

Yes but the line of the Sky sport news was no announcement till tomorrow, maybe this leak? will bring forward an announcement  to today? at least its not Shiels

JOHN HUGHES is among the names being linked with the Inverness Caley Thistle hotseat.

The former Falkirk and Hibs manager has been out of work since leaving Hartlepool in May after failing to prevent relegation to League Two.

It is understood there has been communication between the two parties as the Highlanders seek to piece together a shortlist of candidates for interviews next week. But with so many names linked with the post Inverness don’t expect to reveal Terry Butcher’s successor soon.

In fact they have revealed that youth coaches Duncan Shearer and Scott Kellachar are being primed to take charge of first-team matters next weekend.

Hughes aside, Kenny Shiels, Csaba Laszlo, George Burley, Craig Levein, John Robertson and Paul Hartley have all been linked with the post, while the club revealed yesterday that applications had been received from as far afield as Italy, Spain and South America.

Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron said: “We’ve been inundated with applications for the job. Contrary to suggestions, there is no deadline for applying.

“The board has decided to take its time and no one has been contacted yet about the vacancy. We will focus on drawing up a shortlist at some point next week before setting about conducting interviews.

*** Not good enough for Hartlepool United  yet our best shot. Blinkin eck **

http://www.nononsensefootball.com/hughes-leaves-hartlepool/

John Hughes, is he really any better than John Robertson?  I'd probably rather the latter actually.  My reason for not taking Robbo back was just because i thought there would be bigger names in the hat.  He must be feeling he'll never get the ICT job again after this appointment.

I keep laughing and thinking its a bit weird, but i'm still thinking its not THAT bad.

Cant help but be really disappointed given the time it has taken to get to this decision. Hartley was my ideal choice and I think everyone elses.

Yogi would be a great appointment if we were still an aspiring team looking to push up from 8th place but we are not. Hartlepool was a sinking ship but his time at Hibs started so well with money then fell apart without. That said his time at Falkirk was a success...,more or less.

He gets my full backing if its his job but this was nowhere worth the wait.

It's as clear as day that John Hughes is the runner up to Paul Hartley. If Paul Hartley came out and turned down the job due to the personal reasons he is alluding to then this wouldn't have gone on as long as it has.

"But his time at Hibs started so well with money and then fell apart without" - This worries me.

JOHN HUGHES is among the names being linked with the Inverness Caley Thistle hotseat.

The former Falkirk and Hibs manager has been out of work since leaving Hartlepool in May after failing to prevent relegation to League Two.

It is understood there has been communication between the two parties as the Highlanders seek to piece together a shortlist of candidates for interviews next week. But with so many names linked with the post Inverness don’t expect to reveal Terry Butcher’s successor soon.

In fact they have revealed that youth coaches Duncan Shearer and Scott Kellachar are being primed to take charge of first-team matters next weekend.

Hughes aside, Kenny Shiels, Csaba Laszlo, George Burley, Craig Levein, John Robertson and Paul Hartley have all been linked with the post, while the club revealed yesterday that applications had been received from as far afield as Italy, Spain and South America.

Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron said: “We’ve been inundated with applications for the job. Contrary to suggestions, there is no deadline for applying.

“The board has decided to take its time and no one has been contacted yet about the vacancy. We will focus on drawing up a shortlist at some point next week before setting about conducting interviews.

Who cares about the Hartlepool job,  They were doing rubbish when he took over and he couldn't manager to steer them away from relegation. Butcher took over half way through the season and got us relegated, why give a manager 6 months?  Its clubs like that who will always struggle to be as stable as teams like ICT.

• Agree 2

Yogi done a decent job at falkirk on tight budget. He was doing ok at Hibs but didnt get a proper crack at the whip there. All that said he's not my choice. All his interviews make me want to swim with sharks. Mind you Butcher was never my choice either. The big factor, however, is who his No.2 will be.

Yogi done a decent job at falkirk on tight budget. He was doing ok at Hibs but didnt get a proper crack at the whip there. All that said he's not my choice. All his interviews make me want to swim with sharks. Mind you Butcher was never my choice either. The big factor, however, is who his No.2 will be.

or indeed his DoF :whistle:

Yeh, Central Belt clubs. Takes an extra day for the horses to pull the tv crew up to the wilderness's

Who cares about the Hartlepool job,  They were doing rubbish when he took over and he couldn't manager to steer them away from relegation. Butcher took over half way through the season and got us relegated, why give a manager 6 months?  Its clubs like that who will always struggle to be as stable as teams like ICT

Jeff cares.

220px-JStelling.jpg

Edited by Laurence

A post we done away with, and never replaced, in our relegation year. Why would we take one on now?

If as we hear the final three candidates were Hartley, Sheils and Hughes then i would have had them in the following order of preference Hartley, Hughes and then Shiels.

Would have preferred Hartley but if it is Hughes coming in then we can expect slick passing football and a very hard working unit. Think his style of play will fit in well with our players. He is a motivator and i think more a tactician than Butcher

I for one will be glad to see the back of long ball guff anyway

Whoever comes in will have my support

• Agree 1

A post we done away with, and never replaced, in our relegation year. Why would we take one on now?

Didnt we do away with the post because Grassa moved from DoF to Vice-chairman?

Also if you are to believe rumours then it was almost entirely Butchers idea to get rid of the DoF position.

Hughes has worked with a DoF at a few of clubs so wouldn't be against having one and who's to say the board wont now deem a DoF necessary