The new manager thread

Yngwie

:clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: :clapoverhead: What a truly memorable, inventive and considered response - :lol: :lol: - well worth the wait - I wonder what gem of wisdom is coming next as he progressively makes more of an erse of himself ?

Mad stalker :-)

OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK

This thread will be closed if it continues down the route of personal abuse and playground name calling.

It's really quite sad that you can't have an opinion -most of the other posters enjoy the odd bit of banter but immortal takes it to far I'm afraid .

:clapoverhead::clapoverhead::clapoverhead: What a truly memorable, inventive and considered response - :lol::lol: - well worth the wait - I wonder what gem of wisdom is coming next as he progressively makes more of an erse of himself ?

You would know  ...  :rolleyes:

:clapoverhead::clapoverhead::clapoverhead:
 What a truly memorable, inventive and considered response -
:lol::lol:
 - well worth the wait - I wonder what gem of wisdom is coming next as he progressively makes more of an erse of himself ?

You would know  ...  :rolleyes:

Gaud :-)

You can do, but once I close it later on today because the last 4 million posts have been about anything other than the new manager then that will be that until someone starts a new thread. I might sit down for a couple of hours one day and remove all the rubbish, but at the moment it will be simpler to close the topic.

:rules02:

• 3 weeks later...

So much for being away from his son, taking himself out of the running and all that other nonsense.  Cameron wanted to take a 'different route' - the cheaper, mercenary route.  

We chose a manager with a record no better than Jim Duffy's, Ivan Golac's or Ian MacCall's, when we could have had one of Scotland's best up and coming managers.  Disgrace.  

• Agree 1

Guest Mahonio

Do you reckon Kenny regrets not appointing Paul Hartley though Renegade because he says reason he appointed Yogi was due his similarity to Butcher plus maybe he didn't want to take a gamble on a boss who has had no Premiership Managerial experience which John does have.

I am not saying appointing Hughes wasn't a gamble but I'd rather him than Hartley due to his top flight experience.

I reckon guys like Paul Sheerin and Ian Murray could be potenti future top flight bosses if they stick with their clubs for a few more years.

I couldn't understand why we chose Yogi over Hartley at the time and I still can't especially as it seems the latter's 'domestic issues' were not a factor.

That said, despite his mediocre record and poor start at ICT, we still need to give JH a chance. Surely the board saw something in him other than being the cheapest option. They wouldn't be that short sighted.

I never believed there were any 'personal' factors involved with Hartley. If an English Championship club moved for him, he'd be off!

As noted by myself and others on other threads, he's capable of seeking employment in Aberdeen and Bristol.

Although not a fan of Yogi's appointment, I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt. I wasn't at Kilmarnock yesterday, but, although a setback, it's Hughes' first loss 'on-the-road' with us. Incredibly, it was also the first goal(s) we've conceded away from home for or three-and-a-half months! True! 

We could be in our first cup final this time next week, so I'm remaining positive.

Do you reckon Kenny regrets not appointing Paul Hartley though Renegade because he says reason he appointed Yogi was due his similarity to Butcher plus maybe he didn't want to take a gamble on a boss who has had no Premiership Managerial experience which John does have.

I reckon guys like Paul Sheerin and Ian Murray could be potenti future top flight bosses if they stick with their clubs for a few more years.

The thing is, if you go for someone who' 'like Terry Butcher', you're just going to get an inferior version.  Hughes might have some positive aspects, but he isn't Terry Butcher.  Paul Hartley IMO was exactly what this club needed; fresh blood, new ideas and a new approach.  Had he brought his assistant Paddy Connolly with him (a former Fulham scout), he could've easily replaced Marsella.  Going for someone who's like Butcher, but not as good, will not make the club go forward, if anything we'll be lucky to stay where we are.

If the main factor about the manager is his 'experience' at this level, then would any old man would have been acceptable on that basis alone?  Would people have been happy with say the aforementioned Ian MacCall or Alex Smith, or Craig Brewster back again?  Would we have gone for Hughes had he still been employed by Hartlepool or Livingston?  I highly doubt it.  It was all down to the board going for the cheapest option.  This could very likely backfire on the club bigtime and Kenny Cameron must then hang his head in shame.

Don't know about Sheerin, but Murray probably will be.

Edited by Renegade

The thing is, if you go for someone who' 'like Terry Butcher', you're just going to get an inferior version.  Hughes might have some positive aspects, but he isn't Terry Butcher.  Paul Hartley IMO was exactly what this club needed; fresh blood, new ideas and a new approach.  Had he brought his assistant Paddy Connolly with him (a former Fulham scout), he could've easily replaced Marsella.  Going for someone who's like Butcher, but not as good, will not make the club go forward, if anything we'll be lucky to stay where we are.

All very hypothetical renegade, and there is now way if knowing that Hartley would do any better.

The fact is that you were not present at the interviews, nor took part in nor asked what you thought about the candidates.

Having spoken to someone who took part in the interviews, he totally convinced me that our new manager was by far the best for this club as it is.

Give him and Russell time to sort out our squad and tactics.

• Agree 1

All very hypothetical renegade, and there is now way if knowing that Hartley would do any better.

No, but he would have been the more inspiring and exciting appointment.

Tell us more.  What did Yogi do or say that was so convincing?

I'll tell you what he almost certainly said.  Buzzwords aplenty such as "business as usual', passion, honesty, boilersuits, playing good football and learning from what he's done in the past.

Hughes has lived off his Falkirk legacy and this constant insistence that he plays "good football".  First of all, that's a myth.  All of Hughes's teams have attempted to pass teams to death with very little penetration up-front.  It was like that at Livingston and at Falkirk, as well as Hibs, before they got in to hoofing it.  The Falkirk legacy is also an interesting thing.  They may have won Division One twice, but did so with a fairly large budget.  As well as this, it's widely regarded that he would've been sacked had they not reached the Scottish Cup Final and a good chunk of the fans there do not remember him fondly at all.

The question now is, how long does he get?  What happens if lose next Sunday?  We really should be beating that Hearts team no matter how up for it they are.  What about the league?  Surely if we don't finish in the top six, questions will need to be asked of Hughes and those who chose him.

• Agree 2